Simple: Conquering the Crisis of Complexity [EPUB]
05 March 2016, 20:27
2013 | EPUB | 2.46MB
For decades, Alan Siegel and Irene Etzkorn have championed simplicity as a competitive advantage and a consumer right. Consulting with businesses and organizations around the world to streamline products, services, processes and communications, they have achieved dramatic results.
In SIMPLE, the culmination of their work together, Siegel and Etzkorn show us how having empathy, striving for clarity, and distilling your message can reduce the distance between company and customer, hospital and patient, government and citizen-and increase your bottom line.
Examining the best and worst practices of an array of organizations big and small-including the IRS, Google, Philips, Trader Joe's, Chubb Insurance, and ING Direct, and many more-Siegel and Etzkorn recast simplicity as a mindset, a design aesthetic, and a writing technique.
In these illuminating pages you will discover, among other things:
- Why the Flip camera became roadkill in the wake of the iPhone
- What SIMPLE idea allowed the Cleveland Clinic to improve care and increase revenue
- How OXO designed a measuring cup that sold a million units in its first 18 months on the market
- Where Target got the idea for their "ClearRX" prescription system
- How New York City simplified its unwieldy bureaucracy with three simple numbers
By exposing the overly complex things we encounter every day, SIMPLE reveals the reasons we allow confusion to persist, inspires us to seek clarity, and explores how social media is empowering consumers to demand simplicity.
The next big idea in business is SIMPLE.
All posts of category «Business/Personal Finances/Job»