Seven Myths of the Spanish Conquest [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 19:38
2004 | EPUB | 6.02MB
Here is an intriguing exploration of the ways in which the history of the Spanish Conquest has been misread and passed down to become popular knowledge of these events. The book offers a fresh account of the activities of the best-known conquistadors and explorers, including Columbus, Cortés, and Pizarro.
Using a wide array of sources, historian Matthew Restall highlights seven key myths, uncovering the source of the inaccuracies and exploding the fallacies and misconceptions behind each myth. This vividly written and authoritative book shows, for instance, that native Americans did not take the conquistadors for gods and that small numbers of vastly outnumbered Spaniards did not bring down great empires with stunning rapidity. We discover that Columbus was correctly seen in his lifetime--and for decades after--as a briefly fortunate but unexceptional participant in efforts involving many southern Europeans. It was only much later that Columbus was portrayed as a great man who fought against the ignorance of his age to discover the new world. Another popular misconception--that the Conquistadors worked alone--is shattered by the revelation that vast numbers of black and native allies joined them in a conflict that pitted native Americans against each other. This and other factors, not the supposed superiority of the Spaniards, made conquests possible.
The Conquest, Restall shows, was more complex--and more fascinating--than conventional histories have portrayed it. Seven Myths of the Spanish Conquest offers a richer and more nuanced account of a key event in the history of the Americas.
Investing in Commodities For Dummies [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 19:37
2015 | EPUB | 2.1MB
Add another dimension to your portfolio with commodities
Do you know how commodities stack up against other investment options? Investing In Commodities For Dummies is a straightforward resource that provides an in-depth look at what commodities are and how they might prove beneficial to your portfolio. This approachable reference covers the basics on breaking into the commodities market while dispelling myths and sharing a wide range of trading and investing strategies. Simply put, it spotlights the opportunities on the commodities market while leading you away from the mistakes that have plagued other investors. Use this text to understand how to diversify your portfolio, measure risk, and apply market analysis techniques that guide your decision-making.
Commodities, including oil, silver, gold, and more, play an important role in everyday life. Because they hold such a steady role in today's world, many investors have found them to be a reliable component of a well-rounded portfolio. Depending upon your current investment portfolio and your financial goals, it might be a great idea to add commodities to your strategy.
- Understand how to break into the commodities market and start trading immediately
- Diversify your portfolio to protect your assets to meet your financial goals
- Minimize the risk associated with your investment strategy while maximizing profits
- Track commodities indexes and use this knowledge to make informed investment decisions
Whether you're an amateur investor or you're simply looking to expand your investments, Investing In Commodities For Dummies is a fantastic guide to adding commodities to your investment strategy!
HR for Small Business For Dummies [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 19:35
2015 | EPUB | 2.18MB
Your handy, authoritative guide to small business HR
Packed with practical tips and advice on how to handle tricky people situations in the workplace, this friendly guide shows anyone without a ton of HR experience how to correctly—and legally—utilise HR practises within a small business. From hiring to firing, managing performance to leading change—and everything in between—HR For Small Business For Dummies ensures you and your organisation are prepared for whatever may come knocking on your human resource department's door.
Written by a team of authors that runs PlusHR—an organisation that provides outsourced HR services to small- and medium-sized companies—HR For Small Business For Dummies offers a thorough and accessible understanding of what HR is, how it works and what key UK legislation you need to know to resolve issue-led HR problems. Throughout the book, the emphasis is on communication and how you may need to tweak your strategy as your business grows, while special attention is given to how an owner's personal style of leadership and management impacts everyone within a company.
- Build a recruitment strategy and establish successful HR practises
- Understand your legal and financial responsibilities as an employer
- Minimise your growing or shrinking pains—for you and your people
- Avoid the pitfalls of discrimination, bullying and unfair dismissal
If you're an SME owner, director or practitioner who needs to know more about HR issues and how to best resolve them, HR For Small Business For Dummies cuts through the clutter and offers practical, day-to-day guidance on running an effective HR department.
The Magic Of Winning Proposals [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 19:34
2015 | EPUB | 2.16MB
As more and more clients shift to a formal Request For Proposal process, is your firm winning all the business it could--and should?
The key to winning proposals isn't really magic. But as RFP requirements become increasingly complex, and competition stronger, putting together a successful proposal does require a more strategic approach and a game-changing shift in thinking. The Magic of Winning Proposals will not only help you improve your RFP win rates. This essential book will help you win new clients and realize better margins.
Some of the most successful consulting firms in the world use this process, achieving win rates of more than 80 percent. Now author Laura Ricci shares her process with you. The Magic of Winning Proposals provides an easy, step-by-step guide (complete with forms) on how to sync with your client, analyze the RFP, avoid pitfalls, and thoroughly prepare the final proposal and oral presentation.
This book delivers--so you can, too.
From Akhenaten to Moses: Ancient Egypt and Religious Change [PDF]
19 January 2016, 19:33
2014 | PDF | 4.95MB
The shift from polytheism to monotheism changed the world radically. Akhenaten and Moses-a figure of history and a figure of tradition-symbolize this shift in its incipient, revolutionary stages and represent two civilizations that were brought into the closest connection as early as the Book of Exodus, where Egypt stands for the old world to be rejected and abandoned in order to enter the new one.
The seven chapters of this seminal study shed light on the great transformation from different angles. Between Egypt in the first chapter and monotheism in the last, five chapters deal in various ways with the transition from one to the other, analyzing the Exodus myth, understanding the shift in terms of evolution and revolution, confronting Akhenaten and Moses in a new way, discussing Karl Jaspers' theory of the Axial Age, and dealing with the eighteenth-century view of the Egyptian mysteries as a cultural model.
Paul John Flory: A Life of Science and Friends [PDF]
19 January 2016, 19:31
2015 | PDF | 26.0MB
Paul John Flory: A Life of Science and Friends is the first full-length treatment of the life and work of Paul John Flory, recipient of the Nobel Prize in chemistry in 1974. It presents a chronological progression of his scientific, professional, and personal achievements as recounted and written by his former students and colleagues.
This book covers the span of Flory’s life, including a family history and reflections on the marks he left on the lives of various individuals within the scientific community. He played a major role in the consolidation of the macromolecular paradigm in chemistry, physics, and materials science. His influence permeates virtually every aspect of polymer science. The book includes an extensive collection of personal remembrances telling the circumstances under which colleagues worked with Flory, discussing their joint work, and assessing Flory’s place in polymer science, chemistry, and world science.
The contributors memorialize Flory for more than his scientific and technical contributions. Several chapters are written by living friends who reflect upon his impact on their work and careers. He also played a role in human rights within the scientific community, making efforts to liberate scientists who lived and worked behind the Iron Curtain, particularly in the Soviet Union.
Paul John Flory: A Life of Science and Friends illustrates an example of an individual of scientific and personal excellence. His living friends and colleagues believe his story must be told. In telling it and making it available for future generations, his closest friends and colleagues ensure his continued inspiration to people in and outside laboratories worldwide.
The Art of Acrylic Glazing with a Modern Master [Video]
19 January 2016, 16:27
MP4, AVC, 1280x720 | AAC, 64 kbps, 2 Ch | 1.5 hours | 1.49GB
Learn the acrylic painting technique from a modern master with hands-on demonstration to create a beautiful work of art.
In this Acrylic Painting Techniques course, students will learn the 'acrylic glazing' technique that will empower them to carry on with painting as a self-fulfilling hobby. The more serious student will find that this hands-on course de-mystifies the painting process in all genres. Discover the deep rich shadows which may be created without the use of black!
A check-list for acrylic painting techniques will be provided for beginners including the specific colors and type of acrylic paint and 'medium. As well as brushes, canvas, etc. This technique calls for only the very basic colors at the outset.
This acrylic painting techniques course will include hands-on video demonstrations based on an original photograph by the instructor (supplied). The course consists of twelve steps; each requiring about one-three hours of painting, depending on the skill set of each participant. Each step of the 'glazing' process will be shown by the instructor so that the student can advance at their own pace.
Once you have mastered the "Art of Acrylic Glazing" you will have the confidence and technical ability to carry on fearlessly with your own artistic journey using the versatile and powerful medium of acrylic painting.
Take this Acrylic Painting Techniques course now and learn 'acrylic glazing' from a modern master.
What are the requirements?
- Some drawing skills will be an asset.
- Little or no painting experience is required.
- Acrylic paints, medium, brushes and stretched, primed canvas will be required
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 14 lectures and 1.5 hours of content!
- You will learn best studio practice protocol in the acrylic paint medium.
- With this technical knowledge, you can alleviate the frustration that often comes with struggling along in the trial and error mode.
- Once you have mastered this technique, you will feel confident to tackle any painting project that you so desire with stunning results!
Learn to Paint With Impact [Video]
19 January 2016, 16:25
MP4, AVC, 1280x720 | AAC, 64 kbps, 2 Ch | 6.5 hours | 2.47GB
From ordinary to stunning paintings! What makes a painting stand out from the rest? Learn how to add impact to your art.
This course is designed to fill in the gaps left by conventional art instruction. We all want our paintings to stand out. To express our feelings or catch the eye of a collector. What is it that makes a painting move from ordinary to stunning?
The secret is learning how to see like an artist. No matter what your subject the basic foundation for color, value, edges and shapes needs to be in place. I take this further with extensive video demonstrations that give you the confidence to try yourself.
Challenging and fun assignments with demonstrations will help you put theory into practice. In this course you will learn by doing - the best way! Supplemented with over 200 pages of notes, video, slideshows and full demonstrations you will be able to take your painting to higher levels quickly and confidently.
This course will give you the confidence and direction to paint with impact.
What are the requirements?
- Paints: (oils, acrylic or watercolor) titanium white, cadmium red light, cadmium yellow light and ultramarine blue. Size 6 and 8 flat brushes. A painting knife. Palette. Sketch pad and black felt tip marker - wedge shape tip. Grey marker optional. Pencils: 2B and 6B. Painting panels: size 6 x 8" or 10 x 12"
- A passion for painting!
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 77 lectures and 6.5 hours of content!
- This course will show you how to assess a subject like an artist. Compose and paint a subject with confidence for maximum impact.
- You will know how to mix colors to the correct value.
- Why edges are so important.
- How to use brushwork effectively.
- Apply this system to studio and plein air painting.
Oil Painting Master Series [Video]
19 January 2016, 16:21
MP4, AVC, 1280x720 | AAC, 64 kbps, 2 Ch | 3.5 hours | 3.71GB
A complete course for artists wishing to get started with oil painting or further their skills and knowledge.
Oil Painting Master Series is a course designed to guide students into the world of oil painting by clearly illustrating and explaining materials and a variety of painting techniques. You will not only learn how to paint with oils, but also how to prepare a palette, choose brushes, mix colors, prepare a support and more.
What are the requirements?
- Some materials will be required to participate
- Bristle brushes
- Oil paints
- Masonite panel
- Oil medium (solvent)
- Painting knives
- Gesso (optional)
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 19 lectures and 3.5 hours of content!
- How to choose the right materials, their properties, and how to use them in oil painting
- How to prepare a support – boards, stretching, and preparing canvas
- How to layout your palette and mix complex colors
- How to make your own oil paints from pure pigment
- Pre-painting fundamentals
- The secret to blending oil paint to create smooth transitions of value and color
- How to create an underpainting
- How to glaze color over an underpainting using the “Old Masters” technique
- How to paint directly using observed colors
- How to paint on a toned surface to create dramatic contrast
- How to paint folded cloth
- How to paint realistic clouds
- How to paint a representational portrait
- How to paint Alla Prima (Wet into Wet)
- How to use a knife to create Impasto effects in a painting
- How to paint as an Impressionist
- How to approach a Non-Traditional painting (Non-Objective, Abstract)
- The secrets to creating reflection and transparency with oils
Watercolor Painting: Introduction to Light [Video]
19 January 2016, 16:17
MP4, AVC, 1280x720 | AAC, 64 kbps, 2 Ch | 1.5 hours | 1.4GB
Learn to master watercolour painting 7 exercises around the light, with one color, one brush and one egg!
Watercolor is a technique that you can have a lot of fun with and that can even surprise you, because there are many elements that have a life of their own.
But with Watercolor, there is no going back, i.e. you can´t make any changes. It is also a very fast technique, and we have to improvise a lot. That´s why you have to learn to master it from the beginning, so you can later work more easily and skillfully.
How can we learn to paint in watercolor?
I think it takes practice to master it, and it can´t be achieved by painting just one picture. That's why I´ve given myself the challenge of creating a course that really teaches you how using a series of exercises that increase in difficulty and explore all technical aspects of watercolor, putting them into practice, and learning to control them from zero.
In this course, we will learn to paint in watercolor using:
- one color
- one brush
- and one type of paper.
With these materials, we will do 7 exercises looking at different types of light, i.e., direct light, indirect light, shine and backlighting; To do so, we will use a basic shape that is "the egg" as it is a simple form that will allow us to really focus on watercolor techniques without being distracted by other issues and so we can really learn to gain control and master it.
I hope you like the course, you learn a lot, have fun and enjoy.
What are the requirements?
- Black watercolor
- One brush
- Some watercolor paper
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 11 lectures and 1.5 hours of content!
- Control and master watercolor light
- Painting Watercolor with a solid base
- Create professional monochrome watercolors
How To Solve Painting Problems [Video]
19 January 2016, 16:14
MP4, AVC, 1280x720 | AAC, 64 kbps, 2 Ch | 3.5 hours | 2.37GB
Solve These Important Painting Problems. Paint with confidence and see your paintings improve massively. (Updated 2016)
What Painting Problems? Transform your painting with important skills and tweaks. These tips and skills will save you plenty of time and frustration.
Every subject we choose to paint offers certain challenges or problems to solve. This course will look at common problems and how I go about solving them so that you can take your oil painting to new levels.
This course builds on my previous course, Learn to Paint With Impact, by looking at specific problems faced by painters. I look at various landscape problems such as countryside, street scenes, seascapes, beaches and skies.
How to plan, prepare and complete a landscape painting that will leave you more confident for the next painting. All the skills you will learn can be taken forward to build up your painting ability and increase your enjoyment of painting.
What are the requirements?
- A set of oil or acrylic paints, brushes, pencils and sketch pad
- All materials required will be explained in detail
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 37 lectures and 3.5 hours of content!
- plan, prepare and complete landscape paintings
- use essential painting techniques
- approach various landscape subjects with confidence
- Solve typical and more advanced problems in landscape painting
Learn Outdoor Painting with Confidence [Video]
19 January 2016, 16:10
MP4, AVC, 1280x720 | AAC, 64 kbps, 2 Ch | 1.5 hours | 1.16GB
Plein Air Painting Made Easy
Plein air painting will dramatically improve your painting. It will also enrich your painting lifestyle as the possibilities of painting outdoors opens up for you. Yet many artists are shy to start outdoor painting. This course is designed to remedy that situation.
Designed for beginners and intermediate artists this course follows a step-by-step approach for quick and easy learning. I will guide you from the studio to outdoor painting so that your confidence develops along with your skills.
The course covers the following: Materials required, color mixing tips, composition, outdoors sketches, painting steps and process methods. You will see how I complete paintings alla prima and see how much fun it can be. Plus learn how to use your outdoor paintings for larger studio paintings.
All that you need for confident outdoor painting is included in this course. There are also handy downloads that you can take with to help guide you.
The best part is that this is a practical course. You can try each step out before moving onto the next lecture. Work at your own pace and enjoy the process.
What are the requirements?
- The materials required are oils or acrylics, pastels or watercolor
- Basic colors required are explained
- A spirit of adventure will help
- A desire to break out of comfort zones
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 27 lectures and 1.5 hours of content!
- Paint outdoors with confidence
- Mix color outdoors
- Assess composition confidently
- Make outdoor sketches
- Break free from the studio limitations
Big Picture Photography: Shooting Landscapes from New Heights [Video]
19 January 2016, 16:09
MP4, AVC, 1280x720 | AAC, 64 kbps, 2 Ch | 40 mins | 736.86MB
Join Michael Yamashita, a 30-year veteran photographer for National Geographic, as he takes you on a landscape photography journey through what he calls “cheap aerials.”
Whether you’re using a ladder, climbing a hill or a rooftop, or boarding a fixed-wing aircraft, Michael shares his secrets, stories and pro tips from three decades of shooting captivating images around the globe.
In this inspiring 40-minute class, you’ll learn what equipment and settings Michael uses for the job, what times of day are perfect for shooting aerial landscapes, and how he composes the perfect shot in his mind’s eye even before clicking the shutter — as well as fun stories along the way as Michael shows why rules are meant to be broken.
The class will empower you to look for light, pattern and scale to create stunning, big-picture imagery that inspires awe in your audience.
Some photography experience is helpful in order to participate in this class, but not required — anyone with a desire to improve their landscape photo skills is encouraged to join.
How to take a photo - my full workflow from shoot to retouch [Video]
19 January 2016, 16:07
MP4, AVC, 1280x720 | AAC, 64 kbps, 2 Ch | 3.5 hours | 1.39GB
In this training course I will take you to Paris and to Israel to show you my full workflow with the settings that I use, how I find my compositions etc. You will be able to see how I take a photo and the preparations, settings and the results. We will use Lightroom and Photoshop for post processing. I regularly have people ask me how I shoot my photos so decided to do a course on it with live examples so that you can do it directly yourself afterwards. In this course there is more than 3 hours of videos and over 30 raw files to train with !
What are the requirements?
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 24 lectures and 3.5 hours of content!
- You will be able to take nice pictures
- You will understand the basics of photography
Aerial Photography and Videography Using Drones [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 15:19
2015 | EPUB | 36.38MB
Inexpensive consumer drones that offer ease of flight and high-quality photography and videography have exploded on the market recently, creating what can only be described as drone mania amongst a diverse range of potential users. Because camera-carrying drones still really only exist on the edge between hobby and the mainstream, there is still a lot of confusion about what these small drones are capable of doing. The decision to purchase one is just the first in a long stream of things a new owner must think about.
Aerial Photography and Videography Using Drones is designed to help you make the most of the opportunities these nimble, affordable, and accessible flying machines have created for aerial photography and videography. Within this definitive guide, you’ll learn about the following:
- the current state of camera drone equipment
- how to become a competent drone operator
- tips for getting the best aerial still images and videos
- stories from aerial photographers and videographers from around the world
- the current regulatory state for drone usage in the U.S.
- techniques demonstrated in several videos you can download from peachpit.com, along with pre-flight checklists and worksheets for flight training.
Architecture: A Historical Perspective [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 15:18
2014 | EPUB | 19.83MB
Elucidating the history of world architecture–from the pyramids of Egypt and the temples of Greece to the ecological architecture of today–for both student and general readership, this ambitious book presents key buildings and styles in a passionate and engaged style. Pavlos Lefas (author of Dwelling and Architecture) emphasizes the contemporary applications of past architectural practices worldwide, thematizing his chronology into such topics as architecture and mathematics, scale, utopia, minimalism, grids, tall buildings and landscape architecture. Among the examples examined are the Terra Amata huts, the pyramids of Giza, the Temple of Amun at Karnak, the Acropolis of Athens, Roman aqueducts, Angkor Wat, The Alhambra, the Forbidden City, the Great Temple of Tenochtitlan, Sant' Andrea in Mantua, The Rock Garden of Ryoan-ji Temple in Kyoto, the Villa Rotonda, the Great Wall of China, the Masjed-e Shah in Isfahan and various modernist and contemporary buildings from Le Corbusier's UN Headquarters to Freshkills Park in New York.
The Knot Outdoor Weddings [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 15:17
2015 | EPUB | 294.84MB
In any outdoor setting—beach or backyard, vineyard or mountaintop—the couple has unlimited opportunity to personalize their day and create unforgettable ambience. The 50 real weddings featured in The Knot Outdoor Weddings were inspired by twinkling lights and cityscapes, fresh herbs and countryside farmers’ markets, shells and the sea, mountain peaks and endless vistas. . . . These gorgeous celebrations reveal the keys to making the most of your setting’s natural beauty, while infusing it with special, meaningful touches that are all your own.
The Knot Outdoor Weddings also includes location-specific planning advice for the details of your event, such as attire, color palettes, stationery, menu, and favors, as well as considerations for perfecting your plan B and keeping guests comfortable in any weather.
The Power of Ashtanga Yoga [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 15:16
2015 | EPUB | 11.77MB
Ashtanga Yoga is a graceful, athletic type of yoga that has become extremely popular in recent years. Here, Kino MacGregor, a disciple of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, the great modern guru who developed Ashtanga Yoga, gives a comprehensive view of the practice and shows how Ashtanga is fundamentally a path of spiritual transformation and personal development.
MacGregor delves into the history and tradition of Ashtanga Yoga and reveals how its philosophy manifests in contemporary lifestyle and dietary choices. She also explains the essential connection of breath, posture, and gaze that is the core of the practice. Her clear, step-by-step instruction of the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series—including standing, seated, backbending, twisting, hip-opening, and closing postures—is a wonderful initiation for those who are new to the practice, and it will motivate experienced yogis toward perfection of the form. Throughout, MacGregor shares her own personal yoga journey and her devotion to yoga as a path of self-realization in a way that will inspire all practitioners.
2,100 Asanas: The Complete Yoga Poses [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 15:14
2015 | EPUB | 59.13MB
The most complete collection of yoga asanas ever photographed, and the first-ever to categorize an astonishing 2,100 yoga poses. This beautifully designed book is a must-have for yogis of all levels and every practice.
2,100 Asanas is an unprecedented, meticulously crafted catalog of yoga poses and modifications. It is also a gorgeous work of art, showcasing the beauty and athleticism of the human form. Each photograph features an expert yogi performing the pose to perfection. The aesthetic is clean and modern. The book is organized into eight major types of poses-standing, seated, core, quadruped, backbends, inversions, prone, and supine-and further broken down by families of poses that progress from easiest to more challenging. Every pose is accompanied by the name of the pose in English and Sanskrit, a description of the modification, the Drishti point (eye gaze), the chakras affected and its benefits.
High Level Investing For Dummies [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 15:12
2015 | EPUB | 2.02MB
Enhance your investment portfolio and take your investments to the next level!
Do you have an investment portfolio set up, but want to take your knowledge of investing a step further? High-Level Investing For Dummies is the resource you need to achieve a more advanced understanding of investment strategies—and to maximize your portfolio's profits. Build upon your current knowledge of investment, particularly with regard to the stock market, in order to reach a higher level of understanding and ability when manipulating your assets on the market. This approachable resource pinpoints key pitfalls to avoid and explains how to time your investments in a way that maximizes your profits.
Investing can be intimidating—but it can also be fun! By building upon your basic understanding of investment strategies you can take your portfolio to the next level, both in terms of the diversity of your investments and the profits that they bring in. Who doesn't want that?
- Up your investment game with proven strategies that help increase profits and minimize risks
- Avoid common pitfalls of stock speculating to make your investment strategy more impactful
- Understand how to time the market to maximize returns and improve your portfolio's performance
- Uncover hidden opportunities in niche markets that can bring welcome diversity to your portfolio
High-Level Investing For Dummies is the perfect follow-up to Stock Investing For Dummies, and is a wonderful resource that guides you through the process of beefing up your portfolio and bringing home a higher level of profits!
Technical Analysis for Short-Term Traders [Video]
19 January 2016, 11:29
M4V, AVC, 720x480 | AAC, 152 kbps, 2 Ch | 1.5 hours | 737.51MB
One of the greatest technicians in the industry has taken one of his best courses and made it even better with new tactics, new examples and his sharp and straight-forward insights. Traders' Hall of Fame Award Winner, Martin Pring, walks you through how to identify the trend, confirm the trends and then apply short term tactics to exploit the trend.
Inevitably, technicals don't always follow the rules— the key is to be able to recognize this and be positioned to react. With his years of expertise, he offers a unique and valuable guidelines for combining market psychology with technical analysis to protect your gains and see the explosive trades that others often miss.
This high powered course shows you:
- The three rules for determining the significance of a trendline -- how strong it is and how long will it continue,
- How to put the trend in context using multiple timeframes to even further increase your accuracy,
- Ways to use technicals to place optimal stops,
- Tactics for using these techniques in various markets --including currency, stocks, and commodities,
- What a retracement can tell you and why you shouldn't trade until you know what it can do for your account,
- How to recognize exactly when support and resistance have been established and how to use it to make better trades.
Pring opens his play book and gives you the knowledge you need to find trades, see the entry and exit points, and create the stops to make sure you get out with more money. This DVD course and online manual will easily be a go-to resource in your trading arsenal that will provide valuable insight every time you watch it.
The Complete Guide to Technical Indicators [Video]
19 January 2016, 11:27
M4V, AVC, 720x480 | AAC, 156 kbps, 2 Ch | 6.5 hours | 3.45GB
Traders have used the power of technical indicators to put significant gains in their account. Now you can easily carve through the hundreds of indicators and get right to the ones that make money most often and help you achieve success in trading. In this comprehensive guide to cracking the code of technical indicators, best-selling author and acclaimed presenter, Mark Larson, shows you how to find the indicators that best fit your trading style and reveals which indicators work in which markets. With this experience, you will have the power to increase your winning percentage, no matter what the market does.
With over 6 hours of material and a complete online manual, you will be armed to take profits from the market with:
- A clear understanding of the different types of indicators to know which one to use and when to apply it,
- The critical elements of indicators—support and resistance, moving averages, volume—so you will master why they work and choose the right one for the right trade,
- In-depth strategies for using Bollinger Bands, when the Bands are showing you good trades and when they are telling you to stay away,
- How to use the rate of change to pinpoint when to enter and when to exit for the biggest upside,
- How to use MACD in wide swinging markets where it is most effective at revealing big moves before they happen,
- When Stochastics are better then any other tool and how to use it to capitalize on potential profits,
- Which indicator can confirm a trend and reduce or remove guess work from your trading plan,
- How to tell when a trend is about to reverse so you can tighten your stops or get out with your profits.
Larson hands over his trading expertise with detailed examples of how these indicators work AND real world examples that show the patterns unfold. If you are using technical indicators now, this will reveal new ways to sharpen the accuracy of your trades. If you are eager to learn about these powerful tools, you will have all you need to get started with an enlightening course that takes you all the way to realizing the gains that are waiting for you.
Larry McMillan's New Option Strategy Course [Video]
19 January 2016, 11:24
M4V, AVC, 712x480 | AAC, 152 kbps, 2 Ch | 6.2 hours | 3.04GB
This updated course on options strategies brings to life one of the most respected and highly sought after educators in the industry. Rarely will you find a standalone course that delivers strategies this powerful. It's an exceptional look at methods developed from years of trading experience - all bundled together in a six-hour workshop.
Updated with current examples and applications and almost 200 new pages in the manual, this bestselling options course is now more powerful than ever.
The money-making tactics you'll learn make this the most important investment you make in your trading future. With Larry McMillan’s NEW Option Strategies Course you get:
- Over 6 hours of presentation from one of the most respected authorities in options.
- An 278 page manual that includes Larry’s own option strategies
- Detailed insight on using the VIX to predict explosive buy signals.
- Tactics to hedge against risk in your stock portfolio using volatility futures
- Money management strategies that allow you to dial in on the optimal trade size
- Proven tips on how to protect your account from the costly impact mistakes
Plus the trading wisdom of a legend on strategies and techniques like:
- Speculative Buying
- Covered Calls
- Straddle Buying
- Calendar Spread
- Naked Options
- Credit Spreads
Every option floor trader that ever sets foot in the pit is told to read Larry McMillan’s books. Most of the presenters and options educators around today have learned from Larry and respect him as one of the top authorities on options trading.
If you want to learn proven, winning, rock solid options strategies… look no further. Now both novices and experts alike can take their trading knowledge to new levels from the comfort of their own homes - at their convenience - with Larry McMillan’s New Option Strategies Course.
Flexibility for Athletes and Everyone [Video]
19 January 2016, 11:22
MP4, AVC, 640x360 | AAC, 256 kbps, 2 Ch | 1.8 hours | 804.57MB
This video includes 4 different routines
- 40 minute routine that covers the entire body, head to toe
- 20 minute routine that can be used as a dynamic warm-up or cool-down
- 10 minute Quick Release routine for those with limited time
- 10 minute Foot/Ankle routine for the most overlooked part of the body
Il Bel Centro: A Year in the Beautiful Center [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 09:02
2015 | EPUB | 2.18MB
With dreams of la dolce vita, Michelle Damiani, her husband, three children, and two cats abandoned their suburban routine for Spello, an Italian hill-town. Escaping a lifestyle of helicopter-parenting and obsessing over soccer schedules, Michelle hoped to find a slower-paced life, as constant as cobblestones. What she found was more than she bargained for.
She discovered that the armor formed over years of a predictable existence hid a fear of falling short and making a fool of herself. She discovered that even with her training as a child psychologist she was ill-equipped to protect her children from the old-world disciplinary style at the local public school. She discovered that making mistakes provides opportunities for warm instruction and care. She discovered not only that connecting with people can transcend language, but also how to cleave into the heart of village life, through festivals, celebration, and discussing how to properly cook pig skin.
During the hospitalization of a family member, she learned the advantages of community gossip chains, which made her aware of the isolation that was the hallmark of her American days. She discovered the deep joy that comes from spending afternoons leaning out of windows chatting with neighbors about town happenings as pasta sauce burbles on the stove and the afternoon light slants along the cobblestone streets.
Il Bel Centro: A Year in the Beautiful Center is a celebration of Umbrian life, a guide to the treasures of the region. More than just what to see, the book offers a lens through which to appreciate what has been termed, “the green heart of Italy.” Seduced by Umbrian wine and food, Michelle lovingly recounts stunning meals at Umbrian tables groaning under the weight of home-cured salami and tagliatelle with sausage, mushrooms, and cream sauce. For those wanting a taste of Umbria, Michelle includes recipes for local specialties (including step-by-step instructions for how to roll pasta like an Umbrian grandmother, and how to dress that pasta in swoon-worthy sauce). Through four seasons, she recounts the shifts in landscape from achingly green hills and azure skies to stone walls steeped in fog laced with Christmas lights and the heady scent of grilling meats to the emergence of poppies nodding their jewel-like heads at the foot of the mountains.
But more than this, she provides a window into the people of Umbria—their deep-seated pride, warmth, humor, and welcome. In an entertaining style, Michelle provides historical background of the region and tells how Umbrians keep their culture alive today. With lyrical prose interspersed with professional-quality photographs, she paints a picture of Umbrian life that has been unchanged for generations. And weaves a spell not soon forgotten.
The book, written in a daily style, is an intimate account of a family’s change over the course of a year. At turns laugh-out-loud funny and heartbreakingly tender, Michelle tells the story of her family’s transition from anxious outsiders to honorary townspeople, as they adapt to the gentle rhythms of Umbrian life. Il Bel Centro: A Year in the Beautiful Center evokes the pleasures of small town Italy and opens the gate into a world where a good lunch will take one straight into dinner.
Financial Risk Management For Dummies [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 09:01
2015 | EPUB | 1.37MB
Take the risk out of financial risk management
Written by bestselling author and past winner of the GARP Award's Risk Manager of the Year, Aaron Brown, Financial Risk Management For Dummies offers thorough and accessible guidance on successfully managing and controlling financial risk within your company. Through easy-to-follow instruction, you'll find out how to manage risk, firstly by understanding it, and then by taking control of it. Plus, you'll discover how to measure and value financial risk, set limits, stop losses, control drawdowns and hedge bets.
Financial risk management uses financial instruments to manage exposure to risk within firms, large and small—particularly credit risk and market risk. From managing and measuring risk to working in financial institutions and knowing how to communicate risk to your company and clients, Financial Risk Management For Dummies makes it easy to make sense of the management of risk when working in various different financial institutions and concludes by covering the topic of how to communicate risk — how to report it properly and how to deal with and comply with all of the regulations.
- Covers managing risk and working as a financial risk manager
- Provides everything you need to know about measuring financial risk
- Walks you through working in financial institutions
- Demonstrates how to communicate risk
If you work in the financial sector and want to make financial risk management your mission, you've come to the right place!
Influencer Marketing For Dummies [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 08:59
2015 | EPUB | 3.97MB
The easy way to get 'in' with influencer marketing
Are you a marketing guru looking to stay at the top of your game? Then you need to be in the know on influencer marketing. A hybrid of content marketing and native advertising, influencer marketing is an established trend in marketing that identifies and targets individuals with influence over potential buyers. Although this has usually meant focusing on popular celebrities and Internet personalities, there is a new wave of 'everyday consumers' that can have a large impact. In Influencer Marketing For Dummies, you'll find out how to market to those who rock social media—and, subsequently, grow your brand.
Influencer marketing relies on building strong relationships with customers. With the help of this hands-on, friendly guide, you'll discover how to build superior customer service and experience, make strong interactions with customers, and encourage organic and authentic sharing about your brand. Measure the most impact that content has on your overall marketing strategy
- Find influencers: it's not just a numbers game or a 'who's who' of social media
- Engage with influencers once you've found them
- Recognize the best practices of influencer marketing and outreach
If you're a marketer, media agency professional, business owner, or anyone else who works hard to bring brands, products, and services to the largest audience possible, Influencer Marketing For Dummies is the go-to guide you don't want to be without.
Investing In Dividends For Dummies [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 08:56
2015 | EPUB | 1.85MB
Get the lowdown on adding dividend stocks to your investment portfolio
Investing In Dividends For Dummies shares the fundamental information you need to know about one of the steadiest investments you can make: dividends. This approachable resource provides you with the details necessary to make confident, educated decisions regarding the dividends that you choose to add to your portfolio. Instead of guessing which investments will complement your current strategy, leverage the information offered by this easy-to-use text to determine how to best incorporate dividends into your investment tactics—and do so with confidence.
The steady nature of dividends makes them appealing to investors for many reasons. Most notably, they're a great option if you're entering retirement and want a reliable source of income. Additionally, dividends are fantastic components of a well-rounded investment portfolio, as even the most aggressive of investors can benefit from more conservative investment tools in their overall strategy. Understanding what dividends are and how to use them is the first step to adding them to your portfolio.
- Explore how dividend stocks can fit into your current investment portfolio—and how they will impact your portfolio's performance
- Effectively research the companies offering dividends, and pinpoint the ones that best complement your current portfolio
- Gauge the risk, growth, and return offered by dividend opportunities
- Increase the amount of your investment portfolio that's dedicated to dividends, depending upon your financial goals and portfolio needs
Investing In Dividends For Dummies is a fantastic resource if you're looking to find a mature and predictable way to invest your money!
Spiritual Enterprise [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 08:55
2007 | EPUB | 1.46MB
Lessons in Moral Leadership and Management from the Teachings of the Bahá’í Faith.
A well-known business consultant, coach, speaker and author, Lawrence Miller discloses the spiritual principles that have made his business such a success and which lie behind all successful modern organizations. In a bold step, he sets out his conviction that there is not necessarily any contradiction between pursuing material progress, whether in the form of a nation’s economy or personal wealth, and the teachings of religion. In fact, he states, it is the great challenge of one’s personal spiritual struggle to remain centered in spiritual reality while pursuing success in business.
He identifies and explores new principles of management for a new age:
- honesty and trustworthiness
- the spirit of service
- world citizenship
- universal education
But he goes far beyond this, showing how to put these principles to work in the real world of business, what he calls ‘practical spirituality’, looking at:
- capital and finance
- design of work
- structure and organization
- human resource development
- information systems
- reward and recognition
- customers, suppliers and community
A must-have book for anyone who wants to succeed in business in the 21st century.
Bootstrapping Your Business: Start and Grow a Successful Company with Almost No Money [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 08:54
2007 | EPUB | 0.6MB
Greg Gianforte, the nation's top Bootstrapper, shows you the advantages of Bootstrapping vs. traditionally financed start-ups. You'll also learn how the unconventional Bootstrapping mindset-inventive, pioneering, and skeptical of conventional wisdom-applies to you and your business. With Bootstrapping Your Business at your side, you'll gain the advantage you need to outperform the competition-and succeed in today's take-no-prisoners marketplace.
Tomorrow's Naked Lawyer: Newtech, Newhuman, Newlaw [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 08:52
2014 | EPUB | 0.7MB
The naked lawyer is back by popular demand! This time the focus is on the future and what that will mean for legal businesses. This new report, tomorrow's naked lawyer, builds on the current thinking on a variety of subjects and explores and challenges conventional thinking and wisdom with regard to marketing, branding, technology, artificial intelligence, robotics, and the future of law during the period of 2015 to 2045. This report focuses on the impact artificial intelligence is currently having and will inevitably have on the black and white letter of the law. The author poses challenging questions about where society, the market, and the legal eco-system is moving (and where the law is lagging behind), all the while providing practical solutions in relation to the psychology and skills that you will need to future proof your career and/or your business. Based on compelling research from a wide spectrum of resources and fields, and with input from numerous authoritative and respected global leaders within the legal profession and far beyond, the report describes the improvements and automations that may be made for your personal good, the client good, the legal business good, and for the good of legal justice systems throughout the world. A glimpse at the content...--- Practical advice, case studies and examples to help you and your business grow --- Examples from IBM, Google, UBS, DAS, LexisNexis, and Peppermint Technology --- Contributions from eminent, and world renowned professionals, leading thinkers, scientists, technologists, futurists, and entrepreneurs --- Some storytelling and cheekiness in true naked lawyer style! It's time to start providing answers and solutions to how we can embrace NewTech and the NewHuman by creating NewLaw and still be successful. tomorrow's naked lawyer does exactly this. It is an important read for anyone, anywhere in the world, who is curious about the future of law and how to prepare for it. Lawyers, non-lawyers, suppliers, consultants, entrepreneurs, innovators, investors, YOU - enjoy the tomorrow's naked lawyer journey!
Growing Beautiful Food [EPUB]
19 January 2016, 08:16
2015 | EPUB | 67.46MB
With the paradigm shift toward local and homegrown food, gardeners and foodies have come to relish beautiful vegetable gardens and beautiful meals. Author Matthew Benson writes that beauty inspires behavior, and he believes that we can and will eat better, be healthier, and live more sustainably when we grow food that's visually enticing.
Benson restored a time-worn gentleman's farm and operates a CSA on one small acre of the land, offering vegetables, orchard fruit, cut flowers, herbs, eggs, and honey from the property. His garden-to-table operation offers an edible feast of textures, colors, and aromas and has grown into a way to feed others, while pushing back against the industrial food system in a small but meaningful way.
Growing Beautiful Food is both inspiration and instruction, with detailed growing advice for 50 remarkable crops, a memorable narrative, and evocative imagery. It's a photographic journey through four seasons in the garden, fueling the dream that you can connect to the land by growing your own food. Benson encourages us to start small like he did, celebrate every harvest, and understand that heartbreaking crop losses are simply part of the process. Whether gardeners, families, farmers, or chefs, readers will come to the table motivated by the flavor of homegrown, the message of self sufficiency, and the beautiful food that's as local as their backyards.
How to Read and Understand Shakespeare [TTC Audio]
19 January 2016, 08:14
2013 | MP3@64 kbps | 12 hrs 10 mins | + PDF | 353.15MB
Shakespeare's works are among the greatest of humanity's cultural expressions and, as such, demand to be experienced and understood.
But, simply put, Shakespeare is difficult. His language and culture - those of Elizabethan England - are greatly different from our own, and his poetry, thick with metaphorical imagery and double meanings, can be hard to penetrate.
Yet the keys to understanding Shakespeare are written into the plays themselves. If you can learn to recognize the playwright's own clues, you'll become able to engage meaningfully with his language, to follow the plot structures and themes that drive his plays, and to track the development of his characters.
Over the course of 24 lectures, this innovative and penetrating exploration of Shakespeare's plays reveals how to enter Shakespeare's dramatic world, how to grasp what's happening in any of his plays, and how to enjoy them fully both on the page and the stage.
Under Professor Conner's expert guidance, shaped by decades of studying and performing Shakespeare, you learn more than 40 interpretive tools, drawn from the texts themselves, that give you direct insight into the plays. These guiding principles allow you to follow the narratives of the plays as they unfold, with a clear understanding of how the plays function and fit together.
The professor also reveals fascinating details of Shakespeare's era, which shed further light on the plays and the way his contemporary audiences perceived them.
This course builds the skills that allow you to reach your own understanding of the plays - to deeply comprehend Shakespeare's transcendent poetic language, the spellbinding world of his great characters and stories, and his revelatory reflections on human experience.
Analysis and Critique: How to Engage and Write about Anything [TTC Video]
19 January 2016, 08:10
Course No 2133 | AVI, XviD, 986 kbps, 640x480 | MP3, 128 kbps, 2 Ch | 24x30 mins | + PDF Guidebook | 5.06GB
For thousands of years, writing has been a powerful way for us to communicate with one another, to share our distinct thoughts and ideas through the power of words. Even in today's technologically saturated 21st century, we still express ourselves in writing almost every single day. And oftentimes, we write to argue our viewpoints, persuade others that we're right, and share our unique experiences and perspectives.
But all writing—whether it's a powerful essay, a persuasive letter, a detailed business report, or an autobiographical story—is at its most effective and memorable when it's built on the fundamental critical and analytical skills that transform your words from "good" writing to "great" writing. Regardless of your subject, your goal, or your occasion, these skills are the heart and soul of engaging and effective writing. They include the ability to
- organize your thoughts into a coherent piece that never leaves your reader behind;
- make a persuasive argument rooted in solid facts;
- draw on the styles and characteristics of various literary genres;
- make responsible use of research materials and outside resources; and
- avoid common grammatical errors that could cost you your credibility.
You'll find the secrets to these and other concepts and methods for clear and strong writing in the 24 accessible and practical lectures of Analysis and Critique: How to Engage and Write about Anything. Delivered by Professor Dorsey Armstrong of Purdue University—whose work with students involves the art and craft of analytical and persuasive writing—this course immerses you in the elements of successful writing. With its engaging literary and everyday examples, inspirational prompts, and unforgettable insights, Analysis and Critique makes the perfect reference guide for both professional and casual writers.
Five Literary Genres, Endless Insights
One of the essential keys of effective writing: understanding literary genres and the ways their unique styles and characteristics can shape and inform your own voice. Professor Armstrong spends the first lectures of her course guiding you through the five major literary genres and the ways some of their most enduring examples can show you the path to stronger persuasive and critical writing.
- Fiction: By learning how to actively read a range of short stories and novels by authors including Jane Austen, Ernest Hemingway, Edgar Allan Poe, and Charlotte Perkins Gilman, you'll strengthen your ability to understand how a writer creates his or her "voice," and how a writer conveys particular information to his or her audience.
- Essay: Of all the literary genres, the essay is the richest resource for studying the characteristics of a powerfully written argument. You'll discover how essays such as Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal" and Henry David Thoreau's "Walden" demonstrate effective strategies for starting, organizing, supporting, and concluding your arguments.
- Poetry: Somewhat surprisingly, poetry has much to offer nonpoetic writers looking to strengthen their craft—especially its command and flexibility. In examining the work of poets such as William Carlos Williams, John Donne, and e. e. cummings, you'll learn how to tap into the power of figurative language, careful word choices, and dramatic word ordering.
- Drama: Speeches, conference papers, and other writing intended for oral presentation offer their own set of challenges to everyday writers. By using selected excerpts by William Shakespeare, history's greatest playwright, Professor Armstrong gives you invaluable tips for mastering the art of tone, timing, and delivery of writing meant to be spoken out loud.
- Autobiography: Writing that draws on your life to achieve a goal or enhance your credibility isn't as daunting as it may seem. Detailed looks at excerpts from autobiographies by Benjamin Franklin, Frederick Douglass, and others offer helpful hints about how much personal information to include, how to take the most effective approach, and more.
Frequently, the lectures are enhanced with writing prompts and practice examples—such as rewriting a passage in five different styles or writing an idea from different narrative perspectives—designed to help you better understand how to use and apply the insights found in these five genres.
Explore the Fundamentals of Rhetoric
From there, Analysis and Critique turns to a series of lectures that focus on the art of rhetoric (the foundation of argumentation) and the ways it can help you adapt your writing to a variety of different situations. And make the most of them.
Rhetorical ideas are so deeply woven into the fabric of Western culture that it's easy to miss out on opportunities to maximize their benefits in your writing. Knowing this, Professor Armstrong not only explains them thoroughly but also shows you how to use them regularly and systematically to make your writing stronger and more persuasive. Some of the most applicable rhetorical concepts you explore in this part of the course include
- deductive reasoning, a form of reasoning that moves from the knowledge you already have to the knowledge that has yet to be discovered and articulated;
- commonplaces, which are well-known words and phrases that can easily communicate your theme or topic to your audience; and
- pathos, which works to inspire emotion in your readers (particularly feelings of sympathy).
The increased awareness of classical rhetoric you gain from these particular lectures will go a long way to helping you become a stronger writer by calling your attention to the basics of compelling analytical writing. You may never use terms like "commonplaces" and "pathos" in your actual writing—but understanding how they work will enhance the importance of what you write and the way you write it.
Get a Step-by-Step Guide to the Writing Process
What about the act of writing itself, which can often be daunting to the most seasoned writer? You can be drafting a work presentation, a cover letter for a job application, an editorial for your local newspaper, or a persuasive letter for a public official—in any case, knowing how to approach the act itself can reap many rewards.
The final section of Analysis and Critique is a fascinating, step-by-step guide through the writing process. With her keen eye for providing helpful strategies and using real-world examples, Professor Armstrong provides answers to frequently asked questions about each of writing's four major stages:
- Researching: How do you determine what your research goals are? Where should you look for reliable sources of information? How do you narrow your research focus?
- Writing a First Draft: How long does a productive brainstorming session last? Why is it OK to write a deliberately bad first draft? What are good ways to conquer writer's block?
- Editing: How long should you wait before you start editing your writing? How can you tell when you've used too many quotations? What grammatical errors should you watch out for?
- Rewriting: What makes a rewrite different from an edit? What specifics should you pay attention to in rewriting? How do you recast supporting points to better fit your argument?
Writing Made Effective—and Fun
As a university professor with years of experience, the instructor of a general education writing course at Purdue University, and a distinguished editor, Professor Armstrong spends nearly every day in the company of writing—both good and bad. She knows which techniques work and which do not. She knows the common pitfalls, concerns, and fears that most writers have. And she knows just how important effective writing skills are in expressing yourself successfully to others.
But even more important than her experience working with writers and her knowledge of the craft is the way Professor Armstrong makes writing feel like a fun process of self-discovery. Her lectures are always engaging, always accessible, and always filled with information and takeaways that you can use any time you need to write.
So tap into the power of effective writing with Analysis and Critique, and learn what it's like to have a masterful and supportive instructor standing right by your side as you learn the ways to write about practically anything.
Cultural Literacy for Religion: Everything the Well-Educated Person Should Know [TTC Audio]
19 January 2016, 08:08
2013 | Course No 6891 | MP3@96 kbps | 12 hrs 20 mins | 523.48MB
According to polls conducted by Gallup and the Pew Research Forum on Religion & Public Life, the majority of Americans fail basic tests about religion, including tests on their own faith. This is troublesome because religious literacy is about so much more than naming deities or knowing the stories of ancient history. For many of us, religion is a way to examine and understand ourselves.
Moreover, religious literacy - the knowledge of basic teachings, symbols, practices, founders, institutions, and values of the world's religious traditions - can shed new light on the world around us and knock down the boundaries between us, making us better neighbors and better citizens. These 24 enlightening lectures offer you the chance to experience the breadth and depth of the world's religions from all angles - historical, theological, and cultural. They take you on a tour of the world and its religious cultures. From India to East Asia to the Middle East to the United States, your journey with Professor Berkson introduces you to the beliefs and practices of other traditions and provides you with new insights into your own.
The course approaches each religion from an "imaginative insider's perspective." What does the world look like from the perspective of someone within each tradition? What does this person value and care about? What are the everyday scriptures, rituals, traditions, and holidays like?
Along the way, you'll discover certain features that are common to many religions - concepts of divinity, scripture, rituals, and explanations of good and evil - and you'll find new ways to attain greater self-understanding.
Steven Soderbergh: Interviews, Revised and Updated [PDF]
19 January 2016, 07:45
2015 | EPUB | 1.06MB
The long and prolific career of Steven Soderbergh (b. 1963) defies easy categorization. From his breakout beginnings in 1989 with sex, lies, and videotape to 2013, when he retired from big-screen movie-making to focus on other pursuits including television, the director's output resembles nothing less than an elaborate experiment. Soderbergh's Hollywood vehicles such as the Ocean's Eleven movies, Contagion and Magic Mike appear just as risky and outside-the-box as low-budget exercises such as Schizopolis, Bubble, and The Girlfriend Experience.
This updated edition details key career moments: his creative crisis surrounding his fourth film, The Underneath; his rejuvenation with the ultra-low-budget free-style Schizopolis; the mainstream achievements Erin Brockovich, Traffic, and the Ocean's Eleven films; and his continuing dedication to pushing his craft forward with films as diverse as conspiracy thrillers, sexy dramas, and biopics on Che Guevara and Liberace.
Spanning twenty-five years, these conversations reveal Soderbergh to be as self-effacing and lighthearted in his later more established years as he was when just beginning to make movies. He comes across as a man undaunted by the glitz and power of Hollywood, remaining, above all, a truly independent filmmaker unafraid to get his hands dirty and pick up the camera himself.
A Companion to Livy [PDF]
19 January 2016, 07:44
2015 | PDF | 4.23MB
A Companion to Livy features a collection of essays representing the most up-to-date international scholarship on the life and works of the Roman historian Livy.
- Features contributions from top Livian scholars from around the world
- Presents for the first time a new interpretation of Livy's historical philosophy, which represents a key to an overall interpretation of Livy's body of work
- Includes studies of Livy's work from an Indo-European comparative aspect
- Provides the most modern studies on literary archetypes for Livy's narrative of the history of early Rome
Immigrants against the State: Yiddish and Italian Anarchism in America [PDF]
19 January 2016, 07:42
2015 | PDF | 3.67MB
From the 1880s through the 1940s, tens of thousands of first- and second-generation immigrants embraced the anarchist cause after arriving on American shores. Kenyon Zimmer explores why these migrants turned to anarchism, and how their adoption of its ideology shaped their identities, experiences, and actions.
Zimmer focuses on Italians and Eastern European Jews in San Francisco, New York City, and Paterson, New Jersey. Tracing the movement's changing fortunes from the pre–World War I era through the Spanish Civil War, Zimmer argues that anarchists, opposed to both American and Old World nationalism, severed all attachments to their nations of origin but also resisted assimilation into their host society. Their radical cosmopolitan outlook and identity instead embraced diversity and extended solidarity across national, ethnic, and racial divides. Though ultimately unable to withstand the onslaught of Americanism and other nationalisms, the anarchist movement nonetheless provided a shining example of a transnational collective identity delinked from the nation-state and racial hierarchies.
A Companion to Ronald Reagan [PDF]
19 January 2016, 07:41
2015 | PDF | 9.76MB
A Companion to Ronald Reagan evaluates in unprecedented detail the events, policies, politics, and people of Reagan’s administration. It assesses the scope and influence of his various careers within the context of the times, providing wide-ranging coverage of his administration, and his legacy.
- Assesses Reagan and his impact on the development of the United States based on new documentary evidence and engagement with the most recent secondary literature
- Offers a mix of historiographic chapters devoted to foreign and domestic policy, with topics integrated thematically and chronologically
- Includes a section on key figures associated politically and personally with Reagan
A Companion to Locke [PDF]
19 January 2016, 07:40
2015 | PDF | 7.82MB
This collection of 28 original essays examines the diverse scope of John Locke’s contributions as a celebrated philosopher, empiricist, and father of modern political theory.
- Explores the impact of Locke’s thought and writing across a range of fields including epistemology, metaphysics, philosophy of science, political theory, education, religion, and economics
- Delves into the most important Lockean topics, such as innate ideas, perception, natural kinds, free will, natural rights, religious toleration, and political liberalism
- Identifies the political, philosophical, and religious contexts in which Locke’s views developed, with perspectives from today’s leading philosophers and scholars
- Offers an unprecedented reference of Locke’s contributions and his continued influence
Comprehensive Commentary on Kant's Religion Within the Bounds of Bare Reason [PDF]
19 January 2016, 07:38
2015 | EPUB | 3.73MB
Palmquist’s Commentary provides the first definitive clarification on Kant’s Philosophy of Religion in English; it includes the full text of Pluhar’s translation, interspersed with explanations, providing both a detailed overview and an original interpretation of Kant’s work.
- Offers definitive, sentence-level commentary on Kant’s Religion within the Bounds of Bare Reason
- Presents a thoroughly revised version of Pluhar’s translation of the full text of Kant’s Religion, including detailed notes comparing the translation with the others still in use today
- Identifies most of the several hundred changes Kant made to the second (1794) edition and unearths evidence that many major changes were responses to criticisms of the first edition
- Provides both a detailed overview and original interpretation of Kant’s work on the philosophy of religion
- Demonstrates that Kant’s arguments in Religion are not only cogent, but have clear and profound practical applications to the way religion is actually practiced in the world today
- Includes a glossary aimed at justifying new translations of key technical terms in Religion, many of which have previously neglected religious and theological implications
A Companion to American Art [PDF]
19 January 2016, 07:37
2015 | PDF | 24.17MB
A Companion to American Art presents 35 newly-commissioned essays by leading scholars that explore the methodology, historiography, and current state of the field of American art history.
- Features contributions from a balance of established and emerging scholars, art and architectural historians, and other specialists
- Includes several paired essays to emphasize dialogue and debate between scholars on important contemporary issues in American art history
- Examines topics such as the methodological stakes in the writing of American art history, changing ideas about what constitutes “Americanness,” and the relationship of art to public culture
- Offers a fascinating portrait of the evolution and current state of the field of American art history and suggests future directions of scholarship
China's Economy: A Collection of Surveys [PDF]
19 January 2016, 07:36
2015 | PDF | 5.51MB
This collection of critical surveys provides readers with a range of up-to-date work from leading scholars in the area, writing on some of the key issues facing China, as they survey the present and future challenges of the Chinese economy.
- Nine papers provide detailed discussion on key aspects of the past, present and future of the Chinese economy
- Leaders in their relevant fields of scholarship tackle some of the critical issues facing China
- Contributors identify common themes, including the household registration system, urbanization, demographic transition, inequality and the sustainability of economic growth
- Articles provide a critical review of the literature and discuss policy implications and areas for future research
Trading By Candlelight [Video]
19 January 2016, 05:35
AVI, DivX, 1200 kbps, 720x480 | MP3, 128 kbps, 2 Ch | 3.9 hours | 2.14GB
Being able to confidently interpret the candlestick is key to learning to trade the stock market. In the Trading by Candlelight DVD series, Ryan Litchfield teaches students how to read candlestick patterns and use them to determine which direction a stock may be headed.
Veteran BetterTrades trading education coach Ryan Litchfield can show you how to add the practical application of candlesticks to your trading program. Blending Eastern and Western trading styles can provide a new field of vision for today’s trader.
In this DVD series, you will learn how to:
- Recognize the frequency and accuracy of the patterns
- Define long days, short days, inside days and outside days
- Measure and understand the sentiment of a stock’s traders
- Discover short-term behavior that may indicate a reversal
- Learn the specific rules that accompany each pattern
An authority in the field of candlesticks, Ryan is co-author of the trading book “Candlestick Charting Explained,” which required him to research millions of candlesticks scenarios. Ryan’s wealth of experience as an instructor can be a significant asset to students who truly desire to use and apply the power of candlesticks.
X-TrainFit At Home Workout [Video]
19 January 2016, 01:57
8xDVD5 | ISO, VIDEO_TS, NTSC, 5500 kbps, 720x480 | AC3, 192 kbps, 2 Ch | 7.5 hours | + PDF | 15.52GB
X-TrainFit At Home is a 90 day fitness program designed to get you in the best shape of your life. Your personal trainer Stephanie Oram will guide you through the program and the eight workouts designed to shred fat and tone muscle!
No matter what your fitness level, working out with Stephanie an hour a day will help you feel and look better than ever before, guaranteed! Everything you need to transform your life is included in the complete X-TrainFit At Home 12 week workout program.
X-TrainFit At Home brings the professional instruction and motivating workouts of Stephanie Oram and her team into your own home. The 8 intense workouts on 8 DVDs, along with the guide book and other included materials, are designed to shred fat and re-shape and tone your body in only 12 short weeks.
Weider Ruthless DVD Kit [Video]
19 January 2016, 01:50
MKV, AVC, 1200 kbps, 720x400 | AAC, 128 kbps, 2 Ch | 6.6 hours | + PDF | 4.19GB
This kit is a bodyweight program. The kit includes 20 Workouts on 10 DVDs and digital nutrition guide. Hardcore total-body training. Exercise for 20 minutes a day.Follow the Meal Plan for Serious Results – located on DVD 1 These 20-minute intense workouts will push you to maximum effort—and results. Revolutionizing interval training, Ruthless demands controlled, functional movements and tough mental focus to bust through the 20 Ruthless workouts. Steve Uria’s breakthrough training style is famous for taking professional athletes and Hollywood celebrities to record-breaking fitness levels. With his strong military, martial arts, and sports background, Uria is known for his interval-based classes, weight endurance aerobic training, and total-body ultimate workouts. As one of the world’s top trainers, Uria has partnered with Weider to bring you Ruthless. Download and print a workout calendar and nutrition guide by inserting workout DVD 1 into your computer.