Beginner's Step-by-Step Coding Course: Learn Computer Programming the Easy Way [PDF]
09 January 2020, 15:23
2020 | PDF | ISBN: 9781465482211 | 56.61MB
With this visual guide to computer programming for beginners, it has never been easier to learn how to code.
Coding skills are in high demand and the need for programmers is still growing. Covering three of the most popular languages for new coders, this book uses a graphic method to break complex subjects into user-friendly chunks, bringing essential skills within easy reach. Each chapter contains tutorials on practical projects designed to teach you the main applications of each language, such as building websites, creating games, and designing apps. The book also looks at many of the main coding languages that are out there, outlining the key applications of each language, so you can choose the right language for you.
You'll learn to think like a programmer by breaking a problem down into parts, before turning those parts into lines of code. Short, easy-to-follow steps then show you, piece by piece, how to build a complete program. There are challenges for you to tackle to build your confidence before moving on.
Written by a team of expert coders and coding teachers, Beginner's Step-by-Step Coding Course is the ideal way to get to set you on the road to code.
Mining Social Media: Finding Stories in Internet Data [EPUB]
19 December 2019, 13:43
2019 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781593279165 | 22.87MB
BuzzFeed News Senior Reporter Lam Thuy Vo explains how to mine, process, and analyze data from the social web in meaningful ways with the Python programming language.
Did fake Twitter accounts help sway a presidential election? What can Facebook and Reddit archives tell us about human behavior? In Mining Social Media, senior BuzzFeed reporter Lam Thuy Vo shows you how to use Python and key data analysis tools to find the stories buried in social media.
Whether you're a professional journalist, an academic researcher, or a citizen investigator, you'll learn how to use technical tools to collect and analyze data from social media sources to build compelling, data-driven stories.
Learn how to:
- Write Python scripts and use APIs to gather data from the social web
- Download data archives and dig through them for insights
- Inspect HTML downloaded from websites for useful content
- Format, aggregate, sort, and filter your collected data using Google Sheets
- Create data visualizations to illustrate your discoveries
- Perform advanced data analysis using Python, Jupyter Notebooks, and the pandas library
- Apply what you've learned to research topics on your own
Social media is filled with thousands of hidden stories just waiting to be told. Learn to use the data-sleuthing tools that professionals use to write your own data-driven stories.
Learn TypeScript 3 by Building Web Applications [EPUB]
19 December 2019, 13:41
2019 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781789615869 | 6.44MB
Learn TypeScript and many of its features by building state of art web applications from scratch with the help of modern tooling, frameworks, and libraries
- Create modern Web applications to help businesses around the world benefit from better quality applications
- Learn the latest features of TypeScript 3 and use them wisely
- Explore TDD practices, OOP techniques, and industry best practices to create high-quality and modular apps
This book is a practical guide to learn the TypeScript programming language. It covers from the very basics to the more advanced concepts, while explaining many design patterns, techniques, frameworks, libraries and tools along the way. You will also learn a ton about modern web frameworks like Angular, Vue.js and React, and you will build cool web applications using those. This book also covers modern front-end development tooling such as Node.js, npm, yarn, Webpack, Parcel, Jest, and many others. Throughout the book, you will also discover and make use of the most recent additions of the language introduced by TypeScript 3 such as new types enforcing explicit checks, flexible and scalable ways of project structuring, and many more breaking changes.
By the end of this book, you will be ready to use TypeScript in your own projects and will also have a concrete view of the current frontend software development landscape.
What you will learn
- Understand and take advantage of TypeScript's powerful Type System
- Grasp the key concepts and features of Angular, React, Vue.js, and NestJS
- Handle asynchronous processes using Promises, async/await, Fetch, RxJS, and more
- Delve into REST, GraphQL and create APIs using Apollo
- Discover testing concepts, techniques, and tools like TDD, BDD, E2E, Jest
- Learn Object-Oriented and Functional Programming concepts and leverage those with TypeScript
- Explore design practices and patterns such as SOLID, MVC, DI and IoC, LoD, AOP, and more
Who this book is for