Rotten Movies We Love: Cult Classics, Underrated Gems, and Films So Bad They're Good [EPUB]
13 November 2019, 10:44
2019 | EPUB | ISBN: 9780762496051 | 102.88MB
Hook. Wet Hot American Summer. Valley of the Dolls. There are some movies that defy traditional critical assessment -- films that are panned by reviewers, but that go on to become beloved classics and cult phenoms anyway.
Ever been crushed to learn your favorite movie -- or a new one you're dying to see -- has been given the big green splat from Rotten Tomatoes' infamous Tomatometer? The site's editors stand by their critics and scores, but they also feel your pain: Fresh films shouldn't get all the glory! In Rotten Movies We Love, the RT team celebrates 101 Rotten movies that can't be missed, including:
- Box office behemoths that bombed with critics: Space Jam, Maleficent, Bad Boys
- Sci-fi treasures so bad they're awesome: Cherry 2000, Zardoz, Masters of the Universe
- Rare Rottens from Fresh directors: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Marie Antoinette, Legend, Willow
- Deeply beloved cult classics: The Last Dragon, Empire Records, The Craft, MacGruber
- Underrated gems ahead of their time: The Strangers, Event Horizon, Practical Magic, The Cable Guy
- Sequels worth a second look: Home Alone 2, Rocky IV, Jurassic Park III, Return to Oz
Featuring 16 essays from some of the world's most well-known film critics -- Leonard Maltin, Terri White, Amy Nicholson, David Fear, K. Austin Collins, and more -- and punctuated with black-and-white film stills and punchy graphics, it's a fun romp through the quirkier corners of film history, sure to delight any cinephile or pop-culture fanatic.
All posts of category «Cinema»