The Art World Demystified: How Artists Define and Achieve Their Goals [EPUB]
04 April 2018, 10:04
2018 | EPUB | 3.5MB
The Art World Demystified unfolds the confusing and often treacherous terrain of the art world, revealing the inner workings of a system that has few rules but many opportunities. In this volume, artists will find their own questions reflected and addressed, including:
- How does an artist penetrate the inner circle of the art world?
- How do museums choose exhibits?
- How can an artist reach critics and get feedback?
- How do artists make a living, and how much can they expect to make?
- What are the “rules” of the art world?
- Why is it all so mysterious?
Author and successful artist Brainard Carey explores these queries and more, giving concise answers and guidance on such issues as talking to curators, navigating suitable promotion, and maintaining motivation, alongside profiles of well-known artists. He enables, and encourages, readers to not only navigate the mysteries of the artist’s career, but also to create their own mythologies by presenting their work in a way that generates interest, questions, and an invitation to the inner circle.
All posts of category «Art/Drawing/Arch/Design»