This is Improbable Too: Synchronized Cows, Speedy Brain Extractors and More WTF Research [EPUB]
17 February 2018, 14:25
2014 | EPUB | 13.67MB
Marc Abrahams collects the odd, the imaginative, and the brilliantly improbable from around the world. Here he investigates research on the ins and outs of the very improbable evolutionary innovation that is the human body (brain included). This Is Improbable Too explores the odd questions that researchers are asking, such as:
- What's the best way to get a monkey to floss regularly?
- How much dandruff do soldiers in Pakistan's army have?
- If you add an extra henchman to your bank-robbing gang, how much more money will you earn?
- Why is it so impossible to estimate the number of stupid people in circulation?
- How many dimples will be found on the cheeks of 28,282 Greek children?
- Who is the Einstein of pork carcasses?
This Is Improbable Too also investigates unlikely medical cases, including a boy with an "Eiffel head injury" (involving a toy tower), and even more unlikely inventions, such as a patented system for attacking your enemy with a bio-waste bomb.
All posts of category «Misc Nonfiction»