Predation ID Manual: Predator Kill and Scavenging Characteristics [EPUB]
21 October 2017, 01:36
2017 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781510722514 | 15.99MB
Part of the challenges and rewards of being a field biologist is being able recreate a predation event. But that experience is often difficult and frustrating, as time, weather, and other factors can be make clues sparse. Even the most careful of investigators can spend hours of time second-guessing themselves while exhausting every possibility from inconclusive evidence.
The Predation ID Manual is designed to help assuage some of those difficulties by providing the reader with practical, expert advice, including:
- A step-by-step approach for gathering evidence.
- Suggestions of what to focus on at carcass site
- A template of terminology to use when classifying a predation
- A guide for investigating and determining signs of hemorrhage
- Signs of kill and kill sites by species, including deer, elk, and lynx
- And dozens more tips
Predation ID Manual is a must have for every serious hunter and field biologist.
All posts of category «Nature/Animals/Environment»