The Bleeding Edge: Why Technology Turns Toxic in an Unequal World [EPUB]
16 February 2017, 03:45
2016 | EPUB | 1.68MB
Capitalism likes us to believe in the steady, inevitable march of progress, from the abacus to the iPad. But the historical record tells of innumerable roads not taken, all of which could have led to better, more equal worlds, and still can.
Academic and activist Bob Hughes puts flesh on the bones of the idea that 'another world is possible', using as evidence the technology that capitalism claims as quintessentially its own: the computer in all its forms.
Contrary to popular belief capitalism does not do innovation well – instead suppressing or appropriating it. This book shows that great innovations have never emerged from capitalism per se, but always from the utopian moments that occur behind the capitalist's back. And when it does embrace an innovation, the results are often the diametric opposite of what the innovators intended.
In this thorough and meticulous work Hughes argues that if we only prioritized equality over materialism then superior and more diverse technologies would emerge leading to a richer more sustainable world.
Ketogenic Diet: Lose Your Belly, Reclaim Energy And Focus, Change Your Life [AZW3]
16 February 2017, 03:40
2017 | AZW3 | 2.03MB
We want to be healthy. We want to be lean. And we want to lose that annoying fat around our bellies!
We can achieve ALL of these goals with This Ketogenic Diet Plan. Based on exciting new research about the dramatic benefits of A Ketogenic Diet, this plan nurtures your gut while helping you burn off excess weight and harmful belly fat.
Here's the deal:
Losing weight and being healthy isn't nearly as complicated as the fitness industry wants you to believe.
- You don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars per month on the worthless supplements and fat loss pills.
- You don't need to grind out hours of boring cardio to shed ugly belly fat and get a six-pack. You probably don’t have to do ANY cardio, actually.
- You don't need "clean eating" to get ripped and you don't need to avoid "cheat" foods.
Those are just a few of the harmful myths that keep people like you from ever achieving the sexy, lean, toned, and healthy bodies you truly desire.
And in this book, you're going to learn something most people will never know...
The exact formula of eating that will make you lose 10 to 15 pounds of fat while building a sexy psyche and better overall health.
This book reveals things like...
- The biggest mistakes that are keeping you fat, exhausted, out of shape and frustrated.
- How to lose fat and achieve the body you want by eating foods you love...without ever feeling starved, deprived, or like you're on a diet.
- Delicious & satisfying keto recipes, including Brown Butter-Lime Tilapia, Coconut Chicken, and Bacon Chutney
- In-depth nutrition information profiling keto-friendly foods
- Uncomplicated guidance into the fundamentals of the ketogenic diet, advice for living the keto lifestyle, and a complete two-week meal plan.
- A complete shopping List to get you started with your action plan
- How to burn fat and build lean muscle while still indulging in the "cheat" foods that you love every week like bacon, burgers, and ice cream.
- And a whole lot more!
Imagine...just 12 weeks from now...being constantly complimented on how great you look and asked how the heck you’re doing it...
Imagine enjoying the added benefits of high energy levels, no aches and pains, better spirits, and knowing that you're getting healthier every day...
The Bottom Line...
You CAN achieve that "Hollywood body” without having your life revolve around it—no long hours in the gym, no starving yourself, no gruelling cardio that turns your stomach.
About Writing: Seven Essays, Four Letters, & Five Interviews [EPUB]
16 February 2017, 03:35
2009 | EPUB | 1.29MB
Award-winning novelist Samuel R. Delany has written a book for creative writers to place alongside E. M. Forster’s Aspects of the Novel and Lajos Egri’s Art of Dramatic Writing. Taking up specifics (When do flashbacks work, and when should you avoid them? How do you make characters both vivid and sympathetic?) and generalities (How are novels structured? How do writers establish serious literary reputations today?), Delany also examines the condition of the contemporary creative writer and how it differs from that of the writer in the years of Hemingway, Fitzgerald, and the high Modernists.
Like a private writing tutorial, About Writing treats each topic with clarity and insight. Here is an indispensable companion for serious writers everywhere.
Fund Your Ideal Lifestyle [EPUB]
16 February 2017, 03:31
2017 | EPUB | 2.07MB
If the idea of failing to reach your potential and spending your best years working with nothing to show for it makes you sick, this book is for you. Inside you will find for the first time, the secrets from a quiet subculture of Financial Advisers spending time with people away from the balance sheet, and helping them achieve more out of life.
Written by Clayton Daniel, a former ‘amateur rockstar’ whose chance encounter with an entrepreneur led him down the path of learning about money, travelling the world on the gains, and finally building a business showing others how to do the same. He has helped over a thousand people improve their understanding of money as both a Tax Accountant and Financial Adviser.
THIS THREE STEP GUIDE WILL SHOW YOU:
- Why Your Purpose + Your Skills = Your Professional Superpower, and how to leverage it to buy time
- How to catapult yourself into motivation by focusing on your fears rather than your goals
- How the Five Bucket Method allows you to enjoy guilt-free spending sprees without ruining your future
- What silent monster in the background is eating your money, and what to do about it
- How to go from buying assets with the hope of making money to designing a wealth creation strategy with purpose
- How to use the legal ‘Offshore Bank Account’ to grow your assets faster by saving you tax today, saving you tax every year, and saving you tax in retirement
Boomer Reinvention: How to Create Your Dream Career Over 50 [AZW3]
16 February 2017, 03:26
2017 | AZW3 | 2.16MB
Faced with low retirement savings, extended longevity and rampant ageism, the baby boomer generation (born 1946-1964) is in the throes of a career and financial crisis.
With less than 25% of the generation financially prepared to retire, the majority (between 60 70 million Americans) are going to need to keep working for as long as possible. But how can they find jobs or start businesses in a marketplace that appears unwilling to appreciate them for their experience and wisdom?
Career coach John Tarnoff is convinced that the future is promising for boomers IF they are willing to engage with the new economy in a new way. In BOOMER REINVENTION: How to Create Your Dream Career Over 50 Tarnoff lays out a proven methodology of 5 key steps and 23 actionable strategies to give boomers the resources and confidence they need to pivot to a sustainable second act, encore career one that can be not only financially successful, but personally fulfilling as well.
In BOOMER REINVENTION, Tarnoff, a non-traditional career reinvention coach, psychologist, and former Hollywood executive, provides a comprehensive, flexible, step-by-step guide for anyone over 50 to create their second act career. Fired 39% over the course of his 40-year career, Tarnoff shares the secrets to turning his own setbacks into successes, and interviews seven other boomers who reinvented their own careers. Overcoming significant obstacles in the process, they utilized and benefitted from the same methodologies Tarnoff has outlined and shared in this book. He stresses that career reinvention does not necessarily need to be a radical plunge into the unknown. It may, in fact, entail re-committing to and reinvigorating a current job or existing business from a new perspective.
What makes Tarnoff s method so effective are his positive, yet contrarian viewpoints, for instance:
- Don't try to figure out what job or business you can fit into out there in a sea of job postings. Instead, figure out what job or business is already inside you,
- Network your way to the decision makers who will embrace your skills and talents, and make that heartfelt vision a reality.
- In order to create a new future, you must reconcile your past. You must first deal with all the old baggage and self-limitations that are likely standing in your way.
- Embrace your age, don t hide it. Be proud of who you are and what you can do, and leverage the wisdom and experience you've acquired.
- Stop feeling that having been fired or downsized is shameful. At this point, it's time to be grateful for the lessons those experiences taught you.
For those who both want and need to keep working beyond traditional retirement, Tarnoff s practical strategies offer a flexible DIY solution for late career professionals at any stage of their career reinvention process, including:
- Your resume won t get you hired. 85% of jobs are filled through referrals.
- Use social media to build relationships and an active professional network.
- Don t feel daunted by tech: Boomers invented the digital revolution (Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc.) Embrace it!
- Nail your interviews by thinking like a consultant, not an employee. Turn the interview process to your advantage and be a problem solver before you even get the offer.
BOOMER REINVENTION is an indispensableguide to claiming the second act, encore career that is every boomer s opportunity. Now is the time to claim it!
Happy Gut: The Cleansing Program to Help You Lose Weight, Gain Energy, and Eliminate Pain [Audiobook]
16 February 2017, 03:08
2015 | MP3@64 kbps + EPUB | 6 hrs 7 mins | 168.05MB
Following the success of the best-selling books Clean Gut and Wheat Belly comes this essential guide to improving digestive health from an expert in functional medicine - who reveals why everything that ails us, from fatigue to weight gain to bloating and bad skin, can be traced back to the gut and shares his cleansing plan to help us reclaim our health.
Dr. Vincent Pedre understands gut problems firsthand. He suffered from IBS for years before becoming an expert in functional medicine and learning how to heal his body from the inside. Dr. Pedre used his own experience to develop The Gut CARE Program - an approach that draws from both Western and Eastern methodologies, combining integrative and functional medicine - which has a proven success record in his private practice in New York. Now, for the first time, Dr. Pedre makes his revolutionary plan for health and wellness available to everyone.
Happy Gut takes listeners step by step through Gut CARE - cleanse, activate, restore, and enhance - which eliminates food triggers, clears the gut of unfriendly pathogens, and replaces them with healthy probiotics and nutrients that repair and heal the gut. Rather than masking symptoms with medication, he shows us how to address the problem at its core to restore the gastrointestinal system to its proper functioning state. By fixing problems in the gut, followers of Dr. Pedre's program have found that their other health woes are also cured, and they have lost weight, gained energy, and improved seemingly unrelated issues, such as seasonal allergies, in addition to eliminating their chronic muscle and abdominal pain.
Complete with recipes and meal plans including gluten-free, low-fat, and vegetarian options, a two-week full-gut cleanse, yoga postures to help digestion, and testimonials from many of his patients, Happy Gut will help you feel better and eliminate gut issues for life.
Clean Gut: The Breakthrough Plan for Eliminating the Root Cause of Disease and Revolutionizing Your Health [EPUB]
16 February 2017, 03:07
2013 | EPUB | 0.9MB
In Clean Gut, Alejandro Junger, M.D, New York Times bestselling author of Clean and creator of the world-famous Clean Program, delivers a complete toolkit for reversing disease and sustaining life-long health.
All of today’s most-diagnosed ailments can be traced back to an injured and irritated gut. The gut is an intricate and powerful system, naturally designed to protect and heal the body every moment of every day And yet for far too many of us, this remarkable system is in disrepair, which leads to all kinds of health problems—from extra pounds, aches and pains, allergies, mood swings, and lack of libido, to heart disease, cancer, autoimmune disorders, insomnia, and depression.
But we no longer have to be sick to get healthy. In this groundbreaking program, Alejandro Junger, M.D. explains how instead of treating the symptoms as they arise, we can preemptively attack disease before it takes root in the gut.
No matter your current state of health, you will benefit from this program: Clean Gut will help you put an end to everyday ailments, reverse chronic disease, and achieve true, long-lasting health.
The Everything Guide To The Blood Sugar Diet [EPUB]
16 February 2017, 02:39
2015 | EPUB | 0.4MB
Improve your health and lose weight with an insulin-balancing food plan!
Maintaining healthy blood sugar levels isn't just a concern for those diagnosed with diabetes or prediabetes. Scientists are discovering that the secret to losing weight, maintaining good health, and preventing illness lies in balanced blood sugar. In The Everything Guide to the Blood Sugar Diet, you'll learn how to:
- Limit dairy, sugar, gluten, and processed foods
- Focus on lean protein, healthy fats, fruits, and vegetables
- Balance insulin levels and lose weight
- Prevent diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure
In addition, you'll find 180 recipes for fresh and flavorful meals, like Pesto Parmesan Quinoa, Sweet Potato Chili, Mahi-Mahi and Mango Street Tacos, and Coconut Chia Pudding. Inside you'll find all you need to overhaul your diet and improve your health--one delicious meal at a time!
Perilous Interventions: The Security Council and the Politics of Chaos [EPUB]
16 February 2017, 02:31
2016 | EPUB | 3.93MB
It was an exclusive lunch at a high-end Manhattan restaurant on 7 March 2011. UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and his A-team were present. It soon became clear that the main item on the menu was Libya, where it was alleged that the forces of Muammar Gaddafi were advancing on the rebel stronghold of Benghazi to crush all opposition. Over an $80 per head lunch, a small group of the world's most important diplomats from countries represented on the Security Council discussed the possibility of the use of force.
As things turned out, the Council's authorization came only ten days later, and all hell broke loose. Hardeep Singh Puri, India's envoy to the UN at the time, now reveals the Council's whimsical decision making and the ill-thought-out itch to intervene on the part of some of its permanent members. Perilous Interventions shows how some recent instances of the use of force - not just in Libya but also in Syria, Yemen and Crimea, as well as India's misadventure in Sri Lanka in the 1980s - have gone disastrously wrong.