The Emotional Revolution: Harnessing the Power of Your Emotions for a More Positive Life [EPUB]
09 January 2017, 07:09
2003 | EPUB | 0.99MB
Feel Better. . .Live Better
Scientific discoveries are unlocking the mysteries of our emotional lives. Every week brings us new information on the environmental, hormonal, genetic, and chemical factors that affect our feelings, and an ever-expanding repertoire of methods to manage specific emotional conditions. But how can we apply this cutting-edge research to our own lives?
In The Emotional Revolution, Norman E. Rosenthal, psychiatrist, researcher, and specialist in the fields of psychopharmacology and psychobiology, offers a comprehensive guide to these exciting breakthroughs. He explores the latest findings about the body mechanisms that create emotions--and why our feelings can sometimes go out of control. He also offers simple self-help strategies and evaluates dozens of the newest treatments--both traditional and alternative--that can help with everything from depression and addiction to anxiety and excessive anger.
Here is fascinating, up-to-the-minute information you won't find in any other single resource, including:
- Clues to the biological basis of monogamy
- A new link between depression and heart disease, and what this means for the treatment of both conditions
- How simple patterns of eye movements can help alleviate painful memories
- How taking a commonly-used blood pressure medication can help you cope with trauma
- How lying in the dark releases a hormone that can alleviate anxiety and craving
- The surprising health benefits of friendship and religion
- The deadly dangers of anger
- The health-promoting powers of love
The first book to combine scientific research with prescriptive guidelines for the general reader, The Emotional Revolution is your guide to understanding the complexities of human feelings--and improving your life.
All posts of category «Personality/Self-Help/Health»