Walking Home: Travels with a Troubadour on the Pennine Way [Audiobook]
16 March 2016, 19:40
2013 | MP3@64 kbps | 8 hrs 54 mins | 245.23MB
In summer 2010 Simon Armitage decided to walk the Pennine Way. The challenging 256-mile route is usually approached from south to north, from Edale in the Peak District to Kirk Yetholm, the other side of the Scottish border. He resolved to tackle it the other way round: through beautiful and bleak terrain, across lonely fells and into the howling wind, he would be walking home, towards the Yorkshire village where he was born.
Travelling as a "modern troubadour" without a penny in his pocket, he stopped along the way to give poetry readings in village halls, churches, pubs, and living rooms. His audiences varied from the passionate to the indifferent, and his readings were accompanied by the clacking of pool balls, the drumming of rain and the bleating of sheep.
Walking Home describes this extraordinary, yet ordinary, journey. It's a story about Britain's remote and overlooked interior - the wildness of its landscape and the generosity of the locals who sustained him on his way. It's about facing emotional and physical challenges, and sometimes overcoming them. It's nature writing, but with people at heart. Contemplative, moving, and droll, it is a unique narrative from one of our most beloved writers.
A Modern Day Guide To Stop Procrastinating [Video]
16 March 2016, 09:56
MP4, AVC, 1280x720 | AAC, 64 kbps, 2 Ch | 1 hour | 168.56MB
The simple and effective method to eliminating procrastination
If you are someone who procrastinates, you will be fully aware of the negative impact it can have on your life.
This course will teach you a highly effective, tried and tested method for eliminating your problem of procrastination and helps you to begin living a happier and more productive life.
You will learn a simple yet powerful way to remove the mental and physical blocks that cause you to procrastinate and begin working in a way that will leave you feeling refreshed, in control and will lead to you getting a lot more work done.
Learn the successful method that has helped many people to stop procrastinating instantly
- Learn the secret to taking control of your pending tasks
- Discover how to plan your whole day in less than 2 minutes
- Uncover the simple tricks to never procrastinating again
- Successfully complete tasks and never miss another deadline
- Become someone your colleagues view as reliable and hardworking
The course guides you step-by-step how to quickly regain control of your life and eliminate the temptation to procrastinate.
First, we will ensure you understand exactly what procrastination is and what causes us to delay and put off certain tasks. There is a focus on the various types of procrastination and the effect this has on our day to day work and personal life.
We then move on to the creator of this course and learn about his own personal battle as a procrastinator and the steps taken to overcome and defeat his demons.
The course itself combines the knowledge and skills learned during Carl’s own path to eliminating his own problem as a procrastinator to provide you with a strategy you can learn and follow, step-by-step.
You will create a magnificent plan in real time as you are guided from one video to the next, taking small but crucial actions.
By following the simple actions you will easily identify the most prevalent tasks that need to be done and discover a great way to prioritise your list.
As you near the end of the course, you will have a workable solution and strategy mapped out in front of you, ready to begin as soon as you arrive to work.
Finally, you will created a plan that can be used every day in order to get the important tasks done, all the time building momentum and driving yourself forward.
By following the steps, you will have everything you need to end your misery of procrastination and begin directing your life down a path that makes you happier, more productive and in full control of your life.
What are the requirements?
- Be ready to take small yet highly effective actions
- Have an open mind and willingness to learn
- An eagerness to end your problem with procrastination
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 17 lectures and 1 hour of content!
- A solid and proven strategy for overcoming procrastination
- Easy actions for instant improvement in ANY working environment
- A down to earth, no fluff guide to beating your problem with procrastination
- Learn to structure your whole day in a matter of minutes
- Discover why we procrastinate and how to remove temptation
- The key to getting more done and increasing productivity
- Harness the power of building momentum to get more done
- Essential tips for eliminating procrastination
- Advice and guidance from someone who defeated procrastination