A Global History of Architecture, 2nd Edition [EPUB]
16 February 2016, 15:02
2010 | EPUB | 463.35MB
Revised and updated—the compelling history of the world's great architectural achievements
Organized along a global timeline, A Global History of Architecture, Second Edition has been updated and revised throughout to reflect current scholarship. Spanning from 3,500 b.c.e. to the present, this unique guide is written by an all-star team of architectural experts in their fields who emphasize the connections, contrasts, and influences of architectural movements throughout history. The architectural history of the world comes to life through a unified framework for interpreting and understanding architecture, supplemented by rich drawings from the renowned Frank Ching, as well as brilliant photographs. This new Second Edition:
- Delivers more coverage of non-Western areas, particularly Africa, South Asia, South East Asia, and Pre-Columbian America
- Is completely re-designed with full-color illustrations throughout
- Incorporates additional drawings by Professor Ching, including new maps with more information and color
- Meets the requirements set by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) for "non-Western" architecture in history education.
- Offers new connections to a companion Web site, including Google EarthTM coordinates for ease of finding sites.
Architecture and art enthusiasts will find A Global History of Architecture, Second Edition perpetually at their fingertips.
All posts of category «Art/Drawing/Arch/Design»