The Urban Homestead, Expanded & Revised Edition [EPUB]
02 February 2016, 08:35
2010 | EPUB + AZW | 2.15/2.17MB
This celebrated, essential handbook shows how to grow and preserve your own food, clean your house without toxins, raise chickens, gain energy independence, and more. Step-by-step projects, tips, and anecdotes will help get you started homesteading immediately. The Urban Homestead is also a guidebook to the larger movement and will point you to the best books and Internet resources on self-sufficiency topics.
Written by city dwellers for city dwellers, this copiously illustrated, two-color instruction book proposes a paradigm shift that will improve our lives, our community, and our planet. By growing our own food and harnessing natural energy, we are planting seeds for the future of our cities.
Learn how to:
- Grow food on a patio or balcony
- Preserve or ferment food and make yogurt and cheese
- Compost with worms
- Keep city chickens
- Divert your grey water to your garden
- Clean your house without toxins
- Guerilla garden in public spaces
- Create the modern homestead of your dreams
All posts of category «Garden/Home»