Backyard Pharmacy: Growing Medicinal Plants in Your Own Yard [EPUB]
30 August 2015, 23:56
2015 | EPUB | 54.42MB
A healthier life is right at your fingertips - or at least only a few steps from your door!
Backyard Pharmacy helps you choose the best "backyard" medicinal plants. All of the plants can be grown easily by the home gardener throughout North America - and used for their healing and natural-remedy properties! Author Elizabeth Millard shares her deep knowledge of what to add to your garden to grow your own medicine cabinet to enhance your health.
Each featured plant profile includes:
- a detailed full-color photograph of the plant and key preparation steps
- a description and a brief history of the plants (including recommended varieties)
- how to plant, grow, and harvest
- the parts of the plant to be used
- the health and nutritional properties of the plant
- current scientific research on the plant
- any special harvesting, storing, or preparation instructions
- how to use the plant as a remedy any cautions to note
Richly illustrated with 200 photographs, Backyard Pharmacy not only includes photography of the plants, but also images demonstrating key elements to the step-by-step preparation, harvest, and storage methods to get the best results from your gardening efforts.
Take control of your health. Learn about the benefits of herbs and "backyard friends" and natural health remedies for yourself and your family, and even grow them right in your own backyard.
All posts of category «Garden/Home»