The Mindful Brain [Audiobook]
13 January 2015, 00:57
2008 | MP3@128 kbps | 4 hrs 48 mins | 264.05MB
Leading neurobiologist Daniel J. Siegel, M.D., presents a new framework for maintaining mental health and well-being. Three human experiences have been documented as promoting well-being: secure attachment, mindfulness meditation, and effective psychotherapy. Siegel's unifying theory shows that the effects of these three experiences have a similar neural mechanism. Siegel uses theory, science, and anecdote to reveal how to transform the brain as well as promote well-being.
From paradigm-stretching new discoveries in brain science, to the ways that mindfulness practice can amplify health and meaning in your life, Dr. Siegel invites you to discover the many facets of the mindful brain, including:
- The long-term effects of mind training on your physiology and mental health
- Attunement and mindfulness: the measurable influence of individual consciousness
- Curiosity, openness, acceptance, and love: the extraordinary effects of simultaneously experiencing these qualities
- How mindfulness practices foster emotional balance, physical health, body-based empathy, and deep self-understanding
- Gain an understanding of the science behind Mindful Awareness
- Receive direct, first-person experience of mindful awareness
- Integrate the science of mindful awareness with that of mind, brain, and relationships
- Understand ways in which mindful living can be directly applied to everyday life
For meditators of all levels, mental health professionals, educators, or anyone wanting to know more about the power of human consciousness, this acclaimed psychiatrist offers an illuminating exploration of The Mindful Brain.
All posts of category «Audiobooks Self-Help»