Shrink Rap [EPUB]
04 November 2014, 15:32
2011 | EPUB | 1.86MB
Finally, a book that explains everything you ever wanted to know about psychiatry!
In Shrink Rap, three psychiatrists from different specialties provide frank answers to questions such as:
- What is psychotherapy, how does it work, and why don't all psychiatrists do it?
- When are medications helpful?
- What happens on a psychiatric unit?
- Can Prozac make people suicidal?
- Why do many doctors not like Xanax?
- Why do we have an insanity defense?
- Why do people confess to crimes they didn't commit?
Based on the authors’ hugely popular blog and podcast series, this book is for patients and everyone else who is curious about how psychiatrists work. Using compelling patient vignettes, Shrink Rap explains how psychiatrists think about and address the problems they encounter, from the mundane (how much to charge) to the controversial (involuntary hospitalization). The authors face the field’s shortcomings head-on, revealing what other doctors may not admit about practicing psychiatry.
Candid and humorous, Shrink Rap gives a closeup view of psychiatry, peering into technology, treatments, and the business of the field. If you've ever wondered how psychiatry really works, let the Shrink Rappers explain.
All posts of category «Misc Nonfiction»