Raising Cattle for Dairy and Beef [EPUB]
08 September 2014, 23:12
2014 | EPUB | 7.22MB
YOUR BACKYARD FARMING EXPERIENCE BEGINS HERE!
Whether for milk or beef, cattle are among the most versatile livestock for your new homestead.
Backyard Farming: Raising Cattle is your expert guide to successfully keeping and caring for your herd.
A comprehensive primer for first-time beef and dairy cow owners, Raising Cattle includes detailed illustrations and informative photographs that help introduce these animals to your backyard farm, whether you plan to raise a single cow or bull, or an entire herd.
Raising Cattle covers a broad range of ownership and care issues from selecting the right breeds and numbers for your wants and needs, housing and land requirements, breeding and raising new calves, and keeping your animals happy and healthy, to enjoying your very own farm-fresh milk, beef, and more.
With Raising Cattle, you will:
- Learn to understand and appreciate these essential livestock investments
- Build efficient housing for your cows to minimize your workload
- Prepare and care for this unique herd animal, opening up new possibilities for your backyard farm
- Learn to milk your dairy cows and prepare it for sale or personal use
- Discover a variety of delicious homestead recipes
- ...and many more tips and tricks from experienced farmers to help you achieve success with your cattle.
Raising Cattle is your first big step to joining the growing movement of homemakers and homesteaders looking to make a return to a healthier, happier way of life--and it starts right in your own backyard.
Backyard Farming is a series of easy-to-use guides to help urban, suburban, and rural dwellers turn their homes into homesteads. Whether planning to grow food for the family or for sale at the local farmers market, Backyard Farming provides simple instruction and essential information in a convenient reference.
All posts of category «Garden/Home»