Classical Music: The 50 Greatest Composers [EPUB]
21 August 2014, 01:43
2011 | EPUB | 3.99MB
MAKE A SOUND INVESTMENT IN CLASSICAL MUSIC
Who are the ten most important classical composers? Who in the world was Palestrina? Why did Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring" cause a riot? Which five of each important composer's works should you buy? What is a concerto and how does it differ from a sonata?
Maybe you don't know the answers to these questions; author Phil Goulding certainly didn't. When Goulding first tried to learn about classical music, he found himself buried in an avalanche of technical terms and complicated jargon--so he decided to write the book he couldn't find.
The result is a complete classical music education in one volume. Comprehensive, discriminating, and delightfully irreverent, Classical Music provides such essential information as:
- Rankings of the top 50 composers (Bach is #1. Borodin is #50)
- A detailed and anecdotal look at each composer's life and work
- The five primary works of each composer and specific recommended CDs for each.
- Further great works of each composer--if you really like him
- Concise explanations of musical terminology, forms, and periods
- A guide to the parts and history of the symphony orchestra
All posts of category «Music»