Techniques of Positional Play [EPUB]
17 March 2014, 14:20
2014 | EPUB | 33.96MB
Opening preparation is essential, but for aspiring players understanding the middlegame is even more important. Techniques of Positional Play, an improved edition of a Russian classic, teaches amateur chess players 45 extremely effective skills in a crystal-clear manner.
Quite a few of these techniques will be revelations for club players, as they offer solutions for problems amateurs are often only subconsciously aware of. For example:
- How do you restrict the efficacy of your opponent’s pieces?
- What is the best way to exchange a piece?
- How do you prevent your opponent from opening a file?
- Which rook belongs on the c-, d- or e-file?
- How do you castle artificially?
The techniques are easy to understand and memorize. The authors present a wealth of practical examples and do not burden the reader with unnecessary deep analysis. There is a special training section at the end of the book where you can test your newly acquired skills.
All posts of category «Chess»