The Triathlete's Training Bible [EPUB]
22 November 2013, 04:53
2012 | EPUB + MOBI | 3.67/4.3MB
The Triathlete’s Training Bible is the bestselling and most comprehensive reference available to triathletes.
Based on Joe Friel’s proven, science-based methodology and his 28 years of coaching experience, The Triathlete’s Training Bible has equipped hundreds of thousands of triathletes for success in the sport. The Triathlete's Training Bible equips triathletes of all abilities with every detail they must consider when planning a season, lining up a week of workouts, or preparing for race day.
With this new edition, you will develop your own personalized training plan and learn how to:
- improve economy in swimming, cycling, and running
- balance intensity and volume
- gain maximum fitness through smart recovery
- make up for missed workouts and avoid overtraining
- adapt your training plan based on your progress
- build muscular endurance with a new approach to strength training
- improve body composition with smarter nutrition
The Triathlete’s Training Bible is the best-selling book on tri training ever published. Get stronger, smarter, and faster with this newest version of the bible of the sport.
The Complete Nutrition Counter [EPUB]
22 November 2013, 04:47
2008 | EPUB | 13.74MB
Newly updated and easy-to-use A-to-Z listings of brand names and whole foods.
All the information readers will ever need to know about what they eat in one handy guide. Counters are included for all the food essentials including calories, proteins, total fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sodium, calcium, iron, carbohydrates and fiber.
Master Your Metabolism [EPUB]
22 November 2013, 04:21
2003 | EPUB | 2.1MB
Jump-start your weight loss with Master Your Metabolism. Author Lewis Harrison, a professional herbalist, has produced a comprehensive program that combines ancient herbal wisdom with current, cutting-edge medical research on naturally increasing metabolism. Harrison will show you how to navigate the hundreds of products on the herbal market for safe, effective results that can last a lifetime.
Master Your Metabolism includes:
- Secrets to reducing food cravings
- The Glycemic Index, and what it means for you
- Fabulous recipes, plus how to stock your pantry
- Tips for detoxifying
Harrison also provides easy-to-use sidebars listing the most popular herbs, their positive aspects, possible drawbacks and what works best for your specific body and personality type.
Thinking edited by John Brockman [EPUB]
22 November 2013, 02:28
2013 | EPUB | 559.73KB
Unlock your mind
From the bestselling authors of Thinking, Fast and Slow; The Black Swan; and Stumbling on Happiness comes a cutting-edge exploration of the mysteries of rational thought, decision-making, intuition, morality, willpower, problem-solving, prediction, forecasting, unconscious behavior, and beyond. Edited by John Brockman, publisher of Edge.org ("The world's smartest website"—The Guardian), Thinking presents original ideas by today's leading psychologists, neuroscientists, and philosophers who are radically expanding our understanding of human thought.
- Daniel Kahneman on the power (and pitfalls) of human intuition and "unconscious" thinking
- Daniel Gilbert on desire, prediction, and why getting what we want doesn't always make us happy
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb on the limitations of statistics in guiding decision-making
- Vilayanur Ramachandran on the scientific underpinnings of human nature
- Simon Baron-Cohen on the startling effects of testosterone on the brain
- Daniel C. Dennett on decoding the architecture of the "normal" human mind
- Sarah-Jayne Blakemore on mental disorders and the crucial developmental phase of adolescence
- Jonathan Haidt, Sam Harris, and Roy Baumeister on the science of morality, ethics, and the emerging synthesis of evolutionary and biological thinking
- Gerd Gigerenzer on rationality and what informs our choices
Stumbling on Happiness [EPUB]
22 November 2013, 02:24
2006 | EPUB | 706.2KB
- Why are lovers quicker to forgive their partners for infidelity than for leaving dirty dishes in the sink?
- Why will sighted people pay more to avoid going blind than blind people will pay to regain their sight?
- Why do dining companions insist on ordering different meals instead of getting what they really want?
- Why do pigeons seem to have such excellent aim; why can’t we remember one song while listening to another; and why does the line at the grocery store always slow down the moment we join it?
In this brilliant, witty, and accessible book, renowned Harvard psychologist Daniel Gilbert describes the foibles of imagination and illusions of foresight that cause each of us to misconceive our tomorrows and misestimate our satisfactions. Vividly bringing to life the latest scientific research in psychology, cognitive neuroscience, philosophy, and behavioral economics, Gilbert reveals what scientists have discovered about the uniquely human ability to imagine the future, and about our capacity to predict how much we will like it when we get there. With penetrating insight and sparkling prose, Gilbert explains why we seem to know so little about the hearts and minds of the people we are about to become.
There's a Customer Born Every Minute [EPUB]
22 November 2013, 02:07
2006 | EPUB + MOBI | 1.68/1.2MB
Famous entrepreneur and showman P.T. Barnum is perhaps best known today for having said, "There's a sucker born every minute." But, surprisingly, Barnum never said such a thing. In fact, he believed that there was a customer born every minute, and this belief—that everyone was a potential buyer—was just one of the many solid business principles that led him to a long and successful career.
There's a Customer Born Every Minute reveals the lost wisdom of this great business pioneer. Barnum was much more than a showman; he was a dedicated businessman and entrepreneur with a razor-sharp mind. In this delightful and absorbing new edition, Joe Vitale reveals the secrets of Barnum's success and shares the ten key business practices that Barnum developed and lived by.
But this is much more than a retelling of old business wisdom. Barnum's business principles were straightforward, effective, and timeless; and now Vitale shows you how to apply and adapt those key principles to your own business. Whether you run an established company or plan to start your own entrepreneurial venture, these principles will help you achieve your goals. What worked yesterday still works today, even in the current fast-paced and highly competitive environment.
Vitale reveals Barnum's genius for making money and highlights the tactics he used throughout his career as a newspaperman, politician, entrepreneur, promoter, and finally, as a showman. Plus, this new edition includes even more rare material by and about Barnum, including advertisements, photos, letters, an in-depth interview with the man himself, and the entire text of his famous speech, "The Art of Money Getting."
Far more entertaining than the typical business book, There's a Customer Born Every Minute is both a practical resource packed with true business wisdom and a fascinating look at one of the greatest characters—and one of the greatest business minds—in American history.