Beyond Bacon [EPUB]
19 November 2013, 14:16
2013 | EPUB | 9.77MB
Pastured pork is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), the "good fats" our doctors want us to eat - not to mention high in Vitamin D, a deficiency for most Americans. Beyond Bacon breaks the myths behind this often eschewed meat and shows you how create delectable dishes that are grain-, legume-, dairy-, and refined sugar-free. Beyond Bacon allows you to improve your health and the environment by focusing on sustainable swine.
Don't let the dried out pork of your youth scare you away! All the recipes in Beyond Bacon are elegant yet approachable, making it the ultimate cookbook for the foodie in you. You'll find:
- Perfect Pork Chops, better than most restaurant steaks,
- Pho Soup with chitterling "noodles" and other healing and delicious soups and stews to stretch your dollar,
- the already-famous Savory Bacon Jam fantastic with green apples or our Homestyle Biscuits,
- sweet treats made luxuriously rich with lard, such as Grain-Free Pie Crust, Salted Mocha Biscotti, Chocolate Fudge, and Maple Lard Scones,
- instructions on how to properly BBQ and smoke your meats as well as recipes to make your own sauces,
- instructions for curing your own bacon, pancetta and even home-made sausage better than store bought,
- details on how to properly fry foods, like Corn Dogs with Potato Crisps and Sweet & Sour Pork, and
- an extensive guide on how to make and cook with nutrient dense essentials: pork stock and CLA-rich lard.
All posts of category «Food/Drinks/Diets»