Free-to-Play: Making Money From Games You Give Away
12 September 2013, 21:20
2013 | EPUB | 1.09MB
Free-to-Play: Making Money From Games You Give Away is an accessible and complete guide to the business model that has revolutionized the videogames industry, creating huge hits, multi-billion-dollar startups and a new deal for players: Play for free, spend on what you like.
Written by respected game designer and consultant Will Luton, Free-to-Play gives you the in-the-trenches insight you need to build, run and make money from games you give away. In it you’ll find:
- Psychology behind player decisions and the motivations to play
- Simple and accessible explanations of the math and economic theories behind F2P, including working examples
- Processes for capturing and using player data to improve your game
- Marketing tips on positioning your game and attracting players
- Plus: A downloadable F2P spreadsheet, articles from the author, a foreword by NimbleBit co-founder Ian Marsh and an interview with Zynga CEO, Mark Pincus.
All posts of category «Business/Personal Finances/Job»