MasterClass - Misty Copeland Teaches Ballet Technique and Artistry [Video]
24 December 2019, 22:47
MKV, AVC, 960x540, 24 fps | AAC, 2 Ch | 1h 46m | + PDF Workbook | 1.37GB
From the moment she stepped on the dance floor at age 13, Misty Copeland broke away from the norm. Three months later, the burgeoning ballerina was dancing en pointe. In just over a year, she was performing professionally, a nearly unfathomable accomplishment in the world of classical dance.
Music and performing gave her a voice and helped her rise out of difficult circumstances. They also helped her create a platform to advocate for diversity and inclusion. Now, as the prestigious American Ballet Theatre’s first African American female principal dancer, she’s an inspiration around the world and a cultural icon. Through her MasterClass, the history-making ballerina is teaching you to develop a deeper appreciation for ballet and the liberating power of movement.
In Misty’s class, learn to embrace your own uniqueness and tell a story on stage through the universal language of dance. At the barre, Misty demonstrates her warm-up routine and buildable techniques, from pliés to ronds de jambe, and teaches you to focus on the quality of your moves over repetition. She also breaks down her Black Swan variation and Nutcracker performances and shares her approach to delivering powerful, dynamic performances. She’ll show you how she works with partners and with choreographers to create artistry on stage, how she embodies characters, and how you can bring emotion to life through authentic, organic dance and movement.
In this online class, you’ll learn about:
- Ballet positions
- Barre warm-ups and techniques
- Ballet moves, from pliés to ronds de jambe
- Diversity and inclusion in ballet
- Misty Copeland’s Black Swan variation and Nutcracker performances
- Balancing technique and artistry
- Stage presence
- Delivering dynamic performances
- Embodying characters
- Working with partners
- Collaborating with choreographers
MasterClass - Itzhak Perlman Teaches Violin
27 July 2019, 20:56
MP4, AVC, 1250 kbps, 1280x720 | AAC, 161 kbps, 2 Ch | 4h 13m | + PDF Workbook | 2.67GB
Counted as the reigning virtuoso of the violin, Itzhak Perlman was a child when he learned how to play the violin and a teen when he wowed audiences on international television and began his studies at the Juilliard School, where he now teaches. Over the decades, he’s become one of the world’s most celebrated classical violin players, honored with 15 Grammy Awards, four Emmy Awards, and the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Known for his brilliant technique and playing style, Mr. Perlman has performed at the world’s most prestigious concert halls and events, including a state dinner at the White House for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and President Barack Obama’s presidential inauguration. He’s played the violin and served as orchestra conductor for the New York Philharmonic, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and many others. In addition to worldwide tours and an ever-expanding discography, Mr. Perlman has spent the past 20-plus years investing his time in music education through his work with the Perlman Music Program and at the Juilliard School. Now, for the first time, he’s sharing his passion for teaching with a wider audience.
In his MasterClass, Mr. Perlman teaches you to strengthen your sound, no matter where you are in your study of violin. Learn fundamental techniques, bow handling, and Mr. Perlman’s tips for improving your intonation and vibrato. Discover ways to add greater dynamics to your playing, from advanced bow techniques to adding color and exploring different playing styles. Break bad habits, sharpen your practice regimen and memorization, and gain strategies for performing more confidently. Learn how to play violin with a true virtuoso, and experience more success and joy with every piece you play.
In this online class, you’ll learn about:
- Sound versus tone
- Advanced bow techniques
- Different classical music styles
- Practice regimens and breaking bad habits
- Memorization techniques
- Overcoming anxiety
- The performance mindset
- Selecting your instrument
- A musical career
MasterClass - Howard Schultz: Business Leadership [Video]
01 July 2019, 14:47
Build a Business That Lasts
Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz rose from a childhood in public housing to leading a company that revolutionized the way the world drinks coffee.
With no formal business education, he relied on his values while growing a 13-store chain into a global brand with more than 250,000 employees. In his 90-minute video series, Howard shares what he’s learned about business leadership and being an entrepreneur.
MasterClass - Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking II: Restaurant Recipes at Home [Video]
29 June 2019, 16:52
MP4, AVC, 1500 kbps, 1280x720 | AAC, 192 kbps, 2 Ch | 4h 15m | + PDF Workbook | 3.03GB
Cooking at home is the new going out
It’s more than dinner—it’s a dining experience. Gordon Ramsay returns with a second cooking MasterClass to teach you how to prep, plate, and pair recipes that wow guests. With 13 restaurant-inspired dishes designed for home cooking, you’ll learn how to build elevated courses from appetizer to dessert using everyday ingredients.
In this online acting class, you’ll learn to prepare 13 restaurant-inspired dishes:
- Red Wine Poached Egg, Sautéed Asparagus, and Purée With King
- Trumpet Mushrooms
- Crispy Duck with Red Endive and Spinach
- Pomme Purée
- Charred Cauliflower Steak With Olive Pistou and Porcini Mushrooms
- Rack of Lamb with Thumbelina Carrots
- Roasted Turkish Spiced Eggplant With Fresh Basil and Feta Cheese
- Grilled Baby Leeks, Miso Broth, and Caviar Vinaigrette
- Szechuan Roasted Whole Chicken
- Hoisin Chicken and Pickled Daikon
- Szechuan Chicken Breast and Udon Noodles
- Sesame Seed Crusted Tuna Loin, Pickled Cucumber Salad, Yuzu- Sesame Seed Dressing, and Microgreen Salad
- Crispy Whole Fried Branzino, Thai Chili Dipping Sauce, Lettuce Cups, and Assorted Pickles
- Raspberry Soufflé
MasterClass - Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques II: Meats, Stocks, and Sauces [Video]
29 June 2019, 16:46
MP4, AVC, 1500 kbps, 1280x720 | AAC, 192kbps, 2 Ch | 6h 6m | + PDF Workbook | 3.7GB
Improve your skills in the kitchen
As a follow-up to his first MasterClass, Chef Thomas Keller devotes his second cooking class to beef, duck, chicken, pork, and veal, and the techniques he uses to prepare them. Learn to sauté, pan and oven roast, braise, fry, and grill, and how to select the best cut of meat for each technique with confidence. Then, learn to make the stocks and sauces that are essentials in Chef Keller’s restaurant kitchens.
Chef Keller is the only American chef to have been awarded simultaneous three Michelin star ratings for two restaurants, The French Laundry and Per Se.
He is the holder of a total of seven Michelin stars and is the first American male chef to be designated a Chevalier of The French Legion of Honor, the highest decoration in France. He has received countless accolades, including The Culinary Institute of America’s “Chef of the Year” Award and the James Beard Foundation’s “Outstanding Chef” and “Outstanding Restaurateur” Awards. Chef Keller is credited with setting a new standard for excellence within the culinary and hospitality profession.
In his second MasterClass Chef Keller will introduce new techniques to cook with chicken, duck, pork, and beef to build complete meals for the holidays, a dinner party, or any occasion. Students will learn the fundamentals of cooking proteins—including how to select the best grades and cuts for different dishes—to help them to cook with confidence and precision, without relying on a recipe.
Chef Keller will teach students the techniques to cook some his most beloved dishes such as his signature fried chicken and pan roasted Côte de Boeuf. Students will also learn to make stocks and sauces from scratch, including the French mother sauce chicken velouté, as well as sauces suprême, allemande, and albufera. Chef Keller’s MasterClass series continues to embody his finesse, refinement, and perfected techniques while using quality ingredients.
- Getting Started: Meat Cuts and Quality
- Saute: Chicken Paillard
- Saute: Wiener Schnitzel
- Fried Chicken
- Technique: Oven Roasting Overview
- Pan Roasting: Duck Breast
- Pan Roasting: Cote de Beuf
- Oven Roasting: Chicken
- Oven Roasting: Blowtorch Prime Rib Roast
- Technique: Braising and Braising a la Matignon
- Braising: Pork Shoulder a la Matignon
- Braising: Red Wine Braised Short Ribs
- Grilling on a Hibachi: Steak, Lamb Chops, and Chicken
- Stocks, Broths, and Jus: An Overview
- Roasted Veal Stock
- Light Chicken Stock
- Sauces: An Overview
- Vinaigrette, Emulsified Vinaigrette, Sauce Vierge, and Pickled Chow Chow Vinaigrette
- Chicken Veloute and Sauces Suprême, Allemande, and Albufera
- Brown Chicken Quick Sauce and Sauce Chasseur.
MasterClass - Phil Ivey Teaches Poker Strategy
23 June 2019, 02:25
MP4, AVC, 4800 kbps, 1920x1080 | AAC, 192 kbps, 2 Ch | 3.08 hours | 4.63GB
Widely regarded as the world’s best all-around poker player, Phil Ivey typically plays his enigmatic table presence to his advantage. He’s been called poker’s most mysterious player and earned worldwide respect as one of the best players in history.
The Poker Hall of Famer has won a World Poker Tour title and more than $26 million in live tournament earnings, landing him among the top 10 biggest all-time money winners. At age 38, he became the youngest player in history to take home 10 World Series of Poker bracelets. He’s been playing poker seriously for almost 25 years, and now, for the first time, he’s opening up about his process.
In Phil Ivey’s MasterClass, he pulls back the curtain on his mental game. Learn poker strategy, poker tips, and techniques for plays like floating the flop and using suited connectors. In his class, Phil walks you through his approach to betting tactics and table image and reviews some of his most famous hands. He also teaches you strategies he’s never talked about before, from smarter deep-stacked play and blind-defense tactics to effective bluffing. Get unparalleled access to Phil’s thought process—and learn how to play poker with a champion’s mindset.
In this online class, you’ll learn about:
- Phil’s journey
- The mental game
- Poker philosophy
- Bankroll management
- Table image and tells
- Analyzing hands
- Blind defense
- Playing suited connectors
- Floating the flop
- Deep-stack play
MasterClass - Billy Collins Teaches Reading and Writing Poetry
21 June 2019, 02:24
MP4, AVC, 2460 kbps, 1920x1080 | AAC, 192 kbps, 2 Ch | 3h 34m | + PDF Workbook | 3.35GB
Known for his wit, humor, and profound insight, Billy Collins is one of the best-selling and most beloved contemporary poets in the United States. He regularly sells out poetry readings, frequently charms listeners on NPR’s A Prairie Home Companion, and his work has appeared in anthologies, textbooks, and periodicals around the world.
Called “America’s Favorite Poet” by the Wall Street Journal, Billy served two terms as U.S. Poet Laureate and is also a former New York State Poet Laureate. He’s been honored with the Mark Twain Prize for Humor in Poetry and a number of prestigious fellowships. He’s taught at Columbia University, Sarah Lawrence, and Lehman College, and he’s also a distinguished professor at the City University of New York. Now he’s teaching his first-ever MasterClass.
In his MasterClass on Reading and Writing Poetry, Billy teaches you the building blocks of poems and their unique power to connect reader and writer. From subject and form to rhyme and meter, learn to appreciate the pleasures of a well-turned poem. Discover Billy’s philosophy on the craft of poetry and learn how he creates a poet’s persona, incorporates humor, and lets imagination lead the way. By breaking down his own approach to composing poetry and enjoying the work of others, Billy invites students to explore the gifts poetry has to offer.
In this online poetry class, you’ll learn about:
- Using humor as a serious strategy
- The fundamental elements of poetry
- Billy’s writing process
- Turning a poem
- Exploring subjects
- Rhyme and meter
- Sound pleasures
- Finding your voice
- Using form to engage readers
- The visual distinctions of poetry
MasterClass - Penn & Teller Teach the Art of Magic [Video]
23 May 2019, 18:14
MP4, 3500 kbps, AVC, 1920x1080 | AAC, 192 kbps, 2 Ch | 2h 29m | + PDF Workbook | 4.07GB
After more than 40 years performing together, they’ve become two of the best-known personalities in magic. Now the almost-always-silent Teller speaks up as he and Penn Jillette teach you the art of magic.
From sold-out Broadway shows to world tours, Penn & Teller have been blending magic and humor to delight audiences for decades. The eight-time “Las Vegas Magicians of the Year” have the longest-running headline act in Las Vegas history, outselling every other resident magician on The Strip. They’ve made appearances on a long list of popular TV shows, including Friends and The Simpsons. Their own TV series, the Emmy-nominated Penn & Teller: BS! and Penn & Teller: Fool Us, have entertained audiences since 2003. They also share a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, not far from Harry Houdini’s.
In their MasterClass, Penn & Teller invite you to peer behind the curtain and understand magic from the performer’s perspective. Learn some fundamental techniques for magic tricks, including coin manipulation and card tricks, and the tools for reshaping audiences’ realities, from sleight of hand and misdirection to the psychological methods that create astonishment. Venture backstage with two of the world’s most beloved magicians and get ready to experience wonder.
In this online class, you’ll learn about:
- Magic principles and props
- Sleight of hand
- Using cups and balls
- Working with coins
- Rope tricks and card tricks
- Levitation as a study of cause and effect
- Their philosophy on morality in magic
- The principles of performance
- The psychology behind magic
MasterClass - Aaron Franklin Teaches Texas-Style BBQ [Video]
22 May 2019, 00:56
MP4, AVC, 4100 kbps, 1920x1080 | AAC, 192 kbps, 2 Ch | 4.5 hours | 6.62GB
Praised as one of the most influential pitmasters in the U.S., self-taught barbecue legend Aaron Franklin has come a long way from the backyard cookouts where he started. Now he has fans across the country, including Jimmy Kimmel and President Barack Obama.
In 2015, he won the James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef: Southwest. His Austin, Texas, restaurant Franklin Barbecue was named Bon Appétit Magazine's Best Barbecue Joint in America, and people stand in line for hours each day to enjoy his mouth-watering smoked brisket.
He also hosts a popular PBS show, BBQ with Franklin, helped launch an annual food and music festival, Hot Luck Fest, and opened Loro, an Asian smokehouse and bar with fellow James Beard Award-winner Tyson Cole.
In his new MasterClass, Aaron teaches you the brisket recipe from Franklin Barbecue and walks you through the meticulous Aaron Franklin brisket process, hour by hour. Learn the low and slow pitmaster techniques that make Central Texas barbecue so deliciously tender, Aaron's process for selecting the right wood and managing an offset smoker, and his steps for making succulent BBQ ribs and pork butt. Gain a better understanding of the science of barbecue, elevate your smoking techniques, and take your pitmaster skills to the next level.
In this Texas-style BBQ class, you’ll learn about:
- Selecting and sorting wood
- Managing a fire to hit optimal temperatures
- Handling an offset smoker
- Aaron's exact process for his famous brisket
- Sourcing and smoking pork
- Selecting, trimming, and seasoning cuts
- Beef quality
- Grilling steak
- Preparing sauces
- The history of Central Texas barbecue
Guitar Solos Made Easy [Video]
14 February 2017, 04:23
MP4, AVC, 1280x720 | AAC, 96 kbps, 2 Ch | 6+ hours | + PDF, MP3 | 8.47GB
Guitar Solos Made Easy is a 7 module online course by the world’s most sought after guitar instructor, Steve Stine.
- He’s helped millions of guitarists in over 100 countries.
- He’s famous for his ability to quickly help guitarists overcome obstacles and rapidly advance their playing to a level they never dreamed possible.
So, if you’re ready to create awe-inspiring solos from scratch, as well as master your favorite solos in half the time, this course is for you…
Each of the 7 modules covers essential soloing skills, and they’re all connected so you have an easy roadmap to help build your soloing chops, fast.
You’ll master must-know soloing techniques like meandering, improvisation, rock and blues licks, harmonics and Steve’s absolute ninja trick, chord chasing, as well as all the essential scales.
And by the end of 6-months, you’ll be turning heads every time you play a guitar solo.
Plus, Steve’s put together 4 brand new bonuses that will help you master theory, pentatonic scales, and develop a solid practice routine that make this course the complete package…
More than random tabs and YouTube videos, Guitar Solos Made Easy is a “soloing system” that works for beginners and experienced guitarists…
- A quick and easy way to visualize notes on the fretboard. Which means, you’ll always know where to place your fingers when you’re soloing.
- The secret to creating solos using static tone meandering. So you’re not stuck playing your solos in one position.
- The three most critical techniques every serious guitarist needs to know. Bends, slides and vibrato. So your solos can truly sing.
- How to build speed with tapping licks. So you can play mind-blowing arpeggios and runs.
- A secret chord chasing technique pros use. So you can play solos without hitting any “wrong” notes.
- Why it’s critical to target the root in your solo.
- The critical tension, release concept that makes creating vocal solos a snap.
- How to merge chords and scales. Which means, you’ll be able to create smokin’ hot licks on-demand.
- How to create solos using multiple chords. So your solos don’t sound like a “boring scale.
- A secret trick to instantly know what chords are generated from the major scale. So you can anticipate each chord and solo with confidence.
- How to resolve your licks the “right” way. Which means, you’ll always sound like you know what you’re doing.
- All about melodic, single-string soloing. Which means, you’ll be able to play an awesome solo even if you break a few strings.
- The difference between vertical and horizontal playing. So you can create out-of-the box licks on-the-fly.
- How just one simple lick can be the starting point for a great solo. So you don’t waste time “thinking” too much and let things flow.
- How to develop fluid phrasing. So you can play a solo that flows and makes a statement.
- When and why to use straight vs. shuffle rhythms. So you can effectively play both rock and blues solos.
- How to play a simple 12-bar blues so you can start playing “authentic” blues fast!
- Essential minor, Major and blues scales. Which means, you’ll have the chops to create effective improvisations.
- Logical (music theory) vs. Illogical (rock-and-roll) songs and how to choose the right scale. So you can play a sweet sounding solo over any song.
- How the hybrid scale works and how to apply it. So you can spice up boring solos with red hot licks and endless variety.
- How to play licks in different places across the fretboard. So you can use them in any key.
- Easy ways to make use of music theory. So you don’t waste time on stuff that doesn’t help your playing.
- How to improvise a melodic solo for Rock and Roll songs. Which means, you’ll be able to bust out a solo that’s the perfect compliment to the rhythm section.
- How to solo in the “real world” over rock, blues, country, punk and metal songs. So you can solo comfortably in a variety of styles.
- Steve’s secret “mountain” concept that makes creating powerful phrases easy.
- What approach and scales work best for different playing situations. Which means, you’ll know when to lay back and go with the flow, as well as when to bust out a screaming lead.
Bonus 1! Secret Tricks for Singing Guitar Solos
This HD video bonus course by Steve Stine covers….
Bending, vibrato, sliding and other nuances that will make your solos sound “authentic.” It’s not simply about how to bend effectively. Instead, Steve will show you how to apply each technique in a musical sense, using the A minor pentatonic scale.
It will help you improvise killer solos from scratch that feature your own style and personality.
Bonus 2! Mastering the Pentatonic Path
This HD video bonus course by Steve Stine covers….
All 5 positions of the pentatonic scale, how to visualize them, how to connect them, and how to practice them effectively.
Steve will guide you every step of the way, so you’ll have the freedom to play solos over nearly any song across the fretboard.