Algebra I (Idiot's Guides) [EPUB]
26 September 2017, 08:16
2015 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781615647750 | 22.43MB
Starting with the very basics and reinforcing concepts with practice and tips along the way, Idiot's Guides: Algebra I makes a complex subject easier to grasp and helps students and adult learners clear the hurdle that can stand between them and their academic goals. Special sidebars point out the reasoning behind the techniques (part of essential Common Core instruction) and a separate workbook section offers extra practice problems.
Algebra II (Idiot's Guides) [EPUB]
26 September 2017, 08:13
2015 | EPUB + PDF | ISBN: 9781615648641 | 39.98/37.49MB
Perhaps no subject strikes so much fear in the hearts of high school and college students as Algebra I, except of course its older, meaner sibling, Algebra II! Starting with reinforcing concepts from Algebra I and with lots of practice and tips along the way, Idiot's Guides: Algebra II eases you into second-year algebra to help you master your academic goals. With Common Core instruction in mind, students get:
- A natural transition from Algebra I , with a review of relevant concepts and operations.
- An in-depth review and expansion of polynomials.
- Easy guidance on solving complex rational expressions and radical functions.
- Instructions on how to perform operations on polynomials and factoring.
- An exploration of exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Tips on solving matrices and determinants.
- Special sidebars pointing out the reasoning behind the techniques, which is an essential part of Common Core instruction.
- Separate workbook section of extra Algebra practice problems — like getting two books in one.
Chancing It: The Laws of Chance and How They Can Work for You [EPUB]
21 September 2017, 06:06
2016 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781781250303 | 1.46MB
Over the years, some very smart people have thought they understood the rules of chance—only to fail dismally. Whether you call it probability, risk, or uncertainty, the workings of chance often defy common sense. Fortunately, advances in math and science have revealed the laws of chance, and understanding those laws can help in your everyday life.
In Chancing It, award-winning scientist and writer Robert Matthews shows how to understand the laws of probability and use them to your advantage. He gives you access to some of the most potent intellectual tools ever developed and explains how to use them to guide your judgments and decisions. By the end of the book, you will know:
- How to understand and even predict coincidences
- When an insurance policy is worth having
- Why “expert” predictions are often misleading
- How to tell when a scientific claim is a breakthrough or baloney
- When it makes sense to place a bet on anything from sports to stock markets
A groundbreaking introduction to the power of probability, Chancing It will sharpen your decision-making and maximize your luck.