Cybersecurity: The Beginner's Guide [EPUB]
11 August 2019, 14:54
2019 | EPUB | ISBN: 1789616190 | 29.7MB
Understand the nitty-gritty of Cybersecurity with ease
- Align your security knowledge with industry leading concepts and tools
- Acquire required skills and certifications to survive the ever changing market needs
- Learn from industry experts to analyse, implement, and maintain a robust environment
It's not a secret that there is a huge talent gap in the cybersecurity industry. Everyone is talking about it including the prestigious Forbes Magazine, Tech Republic, CSO Online, DarkReading, and SC Magazine, among many others. Additionally, Fortune CEO's like Satya Nadella, McAfee's CEO Chris Young, Cisco's CIO Colin Seward along with organizations like ISSA, research firms like Gartner too shine light on it from time to time.
This book put together all the possible information with regards to cybersecurity, why you should choose it, the need for cyber security and how can you be part of it and fill the cybersecurity talent gap bit by bit. Starting with the essential understanding of security and its needs, we will move to security domain changes and how artificial intelligence and machine learning are helping to secure systems. Later, this book will walk you through all the skills and tools that everyone who wants to work as security personal need to be aware of. Then, this book will teach readers how to think like an attacker and explore some advanced security methodologies. Lastly, this book will deep dive into how to build practice labs, explore real-world use cases and get acquainted with various cybersecurity certifications.
By the end of this book, readers will be well-versed with the security domain and will be capable of making the right choices in the cybersecurity field.
What you will learn
- Get an overview of what cybersecurity is and learn about the various faces of cybersecurity as well as identify domain that suits you best
- Plan your transition into cybersecurity in an efficient and effective way
- Learn how to build upon your existing skills and experience in order to prepare for your career in cybersecurity
Who this book is for
This book is targeted to any IT professional who is looking to venture in to the world cyber attacks and threats. Anyone with some understanding or IT infrastructure workflow will benefit from this book. Cybersecurity experts interested in enhancing their skill set will also find this book useful.
The Secret Life of Programs: Understand Computers — Craft Better Code [EPUB]
09 August 2019, 06:32
2019 | EPUB | ISBN: 1593279701 | 42.28MB
A primer on the underlying technologies that allow computer programs to work. Covers topics like computer hardware, combinatorial logic, sequential logic, computer architecture, computer anatomy, and Input/Output.
Many coders are unfamiliar with the underlying technologies that make their programs run. But why should you care when your code appears to work? Because you want it to run well and not be riddled with hard-to-find bugs. You don't want to be in the news because your code had a security problem.
Lots of technical detail is available online but it's not organized or collected into a convenient place. In The Secret Life of Programs, veteran engineer Jonathan E. Steinhart explores--in depth--the foundational concepts that underlie the machine. Subjects like computer hardware, how software behaves on hardware, as well as how people have solved problems using technology over time.
- How the real world is converted into a form that computers understand, like bits, logic, numbers, text, and colors
- The fundamental building blocks that make up a computer including logic gates, adders, decoders, registers, and memory
- Why designing programs to match computer hardware, especially memory, improves performance
- How programs are converted into machine language that computers understand
- How software building blocks are combined to create programs like web browsers
- Clever tricks for making programs more efficient, like loop invariance, strength reduction, and recursive subdivision
- The fundamentals of computer security and machine intelligence
- Project design, documentation, scheduling, portability, maintenance, and other practical programming realities.
Learn what really happens when your code runs on the machine and you'll learn to craft better, more efficient code.
Learn Java 12 Programming [EPUB]
26 June 2019, 13:28
2019 | EPUB | ISBN: 1789957052 | 14.0MB
A comprehensive guide to get started with Java and gain insights into major concepts such as object-oriented, functional, and reactive programming
- Strengthen your knowledge of important programming concepts and the latest features in Java
- Explore core programming topics including GUI programming, concurrency, and error handling
- Learn the idioms and best practices for writing high-quality Java code
Java is one of the preferred languages among developers, used in everything right from smartphones, and game consoles to even supercomputers, and its new features simply add to the richness of the language. This book on Java programming begins by helping you learn how to install the Java Development Kit. You will then focus on understanding object-oriented programming (OOP), with exclusive insights into concepts like abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism, which will help you when programming for real-world apps. Next, you'll cover fundamental programming structures of Java such as data structures and algorithms that will serve as the building blocks for your apps. You will also delve into core programming topics that will assist you with error handling, debugging, and testing your apps. As you progress, you'll move on to advanced topics such as Java libraries, database management, and network programming, which will hone your skills in building professional-grade apps.
Further on, you'll understand how to create a graphic user interface using JavaFX and learn to build scalable apps by taking advantage of reactive and functional programming.
By the end of this book, you'll not only be well versed with Java 10, 11, and 12, but also gain a perspective into the future of this language and software development in general.
What you will learn
- Learn and apply object-oriented principles
- Gain insights into data structures and understand how they are used in Java
- Explore multithreaded, asynchronous, functional, and reactive programming
- Add a user-friendly graphic interface to your application
- Find out what streams are and how they can help in data processing
- Discover the importance of microservices and use them to make your apps robust and scalable
- Explore Java design patterns and best practices to solve everyday problems
- Learn techniques and idioms for writing high-quality Java code
Who this book is for
Students, software developers, or anyone looking to learn new skills or even a language will find this book useful. Although this book is for beginners, professional programmers can benefit from it too. Previous knowledge of Java or any programming language is not required.