Cyber-Risk Informatics: Engineering Evaluation with Data Science [EPUB]
04 January 2017, 23:55
2016 | EPUB | 116.25MB
This book provides a scientific modeling approach for conducting metrics-based quantitative risk assessments of cybersecurity vulnerabilities and threats.
This book provides a scientific modeling approach for conducting metrics-based quantitative risk assessments of cybersecurity threats. The author builds from a common understanding based on previous class-tested works to introduce the reader to the current and newly innovative approaches to address the maliciously-by-human-created (rather than by-chance-occurring) vulnerability and threat, and related cost-effective management to mitigate such risk. This book is purely statistical data-oriented (not deterministic) and employs computationally intensive techniques, such as Monte Carlo and Discrete Event Simulation. The enriched JAVA ready-to-go applications and solutions to exercises provided by the author at the book’s specifically preserved website will enable readers to utilize the course related problems.
- Enables the reader to use the book's website's applications to implement and see results, and use them making ‘budgetary’ sense
- Utilizes a data analytical approach and provides clear entry points for readers of varying skill sets and backgrounds
- Developed out of necessity from real in-class experience while teaching advanced undergraduate and graduate courses by the author
Cyber-Risk Informatics is a resource for undergraduate students, graduate students, and practitioners in the field of Risk Assessment and Management regarding Security and Reliability Modeling.
Escape Velocity: Cyberculture at the End of the Century [EPUB]
01 January 2017, 04:48
2007 | EPUB | 4.48MB
An Unforgettable Journey into the Dark Heart of the Information Age
In Escape Velocity Mark Dery takes is on an electrifying tour of the high-tech subcultures that both celebrate and critique our wired world: would-be cyborgs who believe the body is obsolete and dream of downloading their minds into computers, cyber-hippies who boost their brainpower with smart drugs and mind machines, on-line swingers seeking cybersex on electronic bulletin boards, techno-primitives who sport "biomechanical" tattoos of computer circuitry; and cyberpunk roboticists whose Mad Max contraptions duel to the death before howling crowds.
Timely, trenchant, and provocative, Escape Velocity is the first truly critical inquiry into cyberculture-essential reading for everyone interested in computer culture and the shape of things to come.
Internet of Things: Principles and Paradigms [EPUB]
16 December 2016, 02:59
2016 | EPUB | 16.01MB
Internet of Things: Principles and Paradigms captures the state-of-the-art research in Internet of Things, its applications, architectures, and technologies. The book identifies potential future directions and technologies that facilitate insight into numerous scientific, business, and consumer applications. The Internet of Things (IoT) paradigm promises to make any electronic devices part of the Internet environment. This new paradigm opens the doors to new innovations and interactions between people and things that will enhance the quality of life and utilization of scarce resources.
To help realize the full potential of IoT, the book addresses its numerous challenges and develops the conceptual and technological solutions for tackling them. These challenges include the development of scalable architecture, moving from closed systems to open systems, designing interaction protocols, autonomic management, and the privacy and ethical issues around data sensing, storage, and processing.
- Addresses the main concepts and features of the IoT paradigm
- Describes different architectures for managing IoT platforms
- Provides insight on trust, security, and privacy in IoT environments
- Describes data management techniques applied to the IoT environment
- Examines the key enablers and solutions to enable practical IoT systems
- Looks at the key developments that support next generation IoT platforms
- Includes input from expert contributors from both academia and industry on building and deploying IoT platforms and applications