Android Application Development All-in-One For Dummies, 3rd Edition [EPUB/PDF]
18 August 2020, 06:49
2020 | EPUB/PDF | ISBN: 9781119660453 | 15.89/26.12MB
Conquer the world of Android app development
Android has taken over the mobile and TV markets and become unstoppable! Android offers a vast stage for developers to serve millions―and rake in the profits―with diverse and wide-ranging app ideas. Whether you’re a raw recruit or a veteran programmer, you can get in on the action and become a master of the Android programming universe with the new edition of Android Application Development For Dummies All-in-One. In addition to receiving guidance on mobile and TV development, you’ll find overviews of native code, watch, car, Android wear, and other device development.
This friendly, easy-to-follow book kicks off by offering a fundamental understanding of Android’s major technical ideas, including functional programming techniques. It moves on to show you how to work effectively in Studio, program cool new features, and test your app to make sure it’s ready to release to a waiting world. You’ll also have an opportunity to brush up on your Kotlin and develop your marketing savvy. There are millions of potential customers out there, and you want to stand out from the crowd!
- Understand new features and enhancements
- Get development best-practices
- Know your Android hardware
- Access online materials
With a market share like Android’s, the stakes couldn’t be higher. Android Application Development For Dummies All-in-One levels the field and gives you the tools you need to take on the world.
SketchUp For Dummies, 2nd Edition [EPUB]
18 August 2020, 06:47
2020 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781119617938 | 27.25MB
The first step in making your ideas a reality
SketchUp offers a vast array of tools that help you get your building, woodworking, and design plans out of your head and into a real model. Even if you’ve never dabbled in the software, SketchUp All-in-One For Dummies makes it easy to get started as quickly as the ideas pop into your head!
Providing real-world insight from top SketchUp insiders, these six-books-in-one teach you how to tackle the basics of the program and apply those skills to real-world projects. You’ll discover the basics of modeling as they apply to either free or paid versions of SketchUp before diving into creating models to use for making objects, constructing buildings, or redesigning interiors.
- Navigate the SketchUp product mix
- Get familiar with the basics of modeling
- View and share your models
- Make your architecture, interior design, and woodworking dreams a reality
You have tons of great ideas―and now you can harness this powerful software to bring them to life.
Data Management at Scale: Best Practices for Enterprise Architecture [EPUB]
16 August 2020, 04:35
2020 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781492054788 | 9.67MB
As data management and integration continue to evolve rapidly, storing all your data in one place, such as a data warehouse, is no longer scalable. In the very near future, data will need to be distributed and available for several technological solutions. With this practical book, you’ll learnhow to migrate your enterprise from a complex and tightly coupled data landscape to a more flexible architecture ready for the modern world of data consumption.
Executives, data architects, analytics teams, and compliance and governance staff will learn how to build a modern scalable data landscape using the Scaled Architecture, which you can introduce incrementally without a large upfront investment. Author Piethein Strengholt provides blueprints, principles, observations, best practices, and patterns to get you up to speed.
- Examine data management trends, including technological developments, regulatory requirements, and privacy concerns
- Go deep into the Scaled Architecture and learn how the pieces fit together
- Explore data governance and data security, master data management, self-service data marketplaces, and the importance of metadata
Implementing Cryptography Using Python [EPUB]
16 August 2020, 03:58
2020 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781119612209 | 22.89MB
Learn to deploy proven cryptographic tools in your applications and services
Cryptography is, quite simply, what makes security and privacy in the digital world possible. Tech professionals, including programmers, IT admins, and security analysts, need to understand how cryptography works to protect users, data, and assets. Implementing Cryptography Using Python will teach you the essentials, so you can apply proven cryptographic tools to secure your applications and systems. Because this book uses Python, an easily accessible language that has become one of the standards for cryptography implementation, you’ll be able to quickly learn how to secure applications and data of all kinds.
In this easy-to-read guide, well-known cybersecurity expert Shannon Bray walks you through creating secure communications in public channels using public-key cryptography. You’ll also explore methods of authenticating messages to ensure that they haven’t been tampered with in transit. Finally, you’ll learn how to use digital signatures to let others verify the messages sent through your services.
- Learn how to implement proven cryptographic tools, using easy-to-understand examples written in Python
- Discover the history of cryptography and understand its critical importance in today’s digital communication systems
- Work through real-world examples to understand the pros and cons of various authentication methods
- Protect your end-users and ensure that your applications and systems are using up-to-date cryptography
Write Great Code, Volume 1: Understanding the Machine, 2nd Edition [EPUB]
14 August 2020, 13:27
2020 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781718500365 | 23.51MB
Understanding the Machine, the first volume in the landmark Write Great Code series by Randall Hyde, explains the underlying mechanics of how a computer works.
This, the first volume in Randall Hyde's Write Great Code series, dives into machine organization without the extra overhead of learning assembly language programming. Written for high-level language programmers, Understanding the Machine fills in the low-level details of machine organization that are often left out of computer science and engineering courses.
- How the machine represents numbers, strings, and high-level data structures, so you'll know the inherent cost of using them.
- How to organize your data, so the machine can access it efficiently.
- How the CPU operates, so you can write code that works the way the machine does.
- How I/O devices operate, so you can maximize your application's performance when accessing those devices.
- How to best use the memory hierarchy to produce the fastest possible programs.
NEW IN THIS EDITION, COVERAGE OF:
- Programming languages like Swift and Java
- Code generation on modern 64-bit CPUs
- ARM processors on mobile phones and tablets
- Newer peripheral devices
- Larger memory systems and large-scale SSDs
Great code is efficient code. But before you can write truly efficient code, you must understand how computer systems execute programs and how abstractions in programming languages map to the machine's low-level hardware. After all, compilers don't write the best machine code; programmers do. This book gives you the foundation upon which all great software is built.
Beginner's Step-by-Step Coding Course: Learn Computer Programming the Easy Way [PDF]
09 January 2020, 15:23
2020 | PDF | ISBN: 9781465482211 | 56.61MB
With this visual guide to computer programming for beginners, it has never been easier to learn how to code.
Coding skills are in high demand and the need for programmers is still growing. Covering three of the most popular languages for new coders, this book uses a graphic method to break complex subjects into user-friendly chunks, bringing essential skills within easy reach. Each chapter contains tutorials on practical projects designed to teach you the main applications of each language, such as building websites, creating games, and designing apps. The book also looks at many of the main coding languages that are out there, outlining the key applications of each language, so you can choose the right language for you.
You'll learn to think like a programmer by breaking a problem down into parts, before turning those parts into lines of code. Short, easy-to-follow steps then show you, piece by piece, how to build a complete program. There are challenges for you to tackle to build your confidence before moving on.
Written by a team of expert coders and coding teachers, Beginner's Step-by-Step Coding Course is the ideal way to get to set you on the road to code.
Mining Social Media: Finding Stories in Internet Data [EPUB]
19 December 2019, 13:43
2019 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781593279165 | 22.87MB
BuzzFeed News Senior Reporter Lam Thuy Vo explains how to mine, process, and analyze data from the social web in meaningful ways with the Python programming language.
Did fake Twitter accounts help sway a presidential election? What can Facebook and Reddit archives tell us about human behavior? In Mining Social Media, senior BuzzFeed reporter Lam Thuy Vo shows you how to use Python and key data analysis tools to find the stories buried in social media.
Whether you're a professional journalist, an academic researcher, or a citizen investigator, you'll learn how to use technical tools to collect and analyze data from social media sources to build compelling, data-driven stories.
Learn how to:
- Write Python scripts and use APIs to gather data from the social web
- Download data archives and dig through them for insights
- Inspect HTML downloaded from websites for useful content
- Format, aggregate, sort, and filter your collected data using Google Sheets
- Create data visualizations to illustrate your discoveries
- Perform advanced data analysis using Python, Jupyter Notebooks, and the pandas library
- Apply what you've learned to research topics on your own
Social media is filled with thousands of hidden stories just waiting to be told. Learn to use the data-sleuthing tools that professionals use to write your own data-driven stories.
Learn TypeScript 3 by Building Web Applications [EPUB]
19 December 2019, 13:41
2019 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781789615869 | 6.44MB
Learn TypeScript and many of its features by building state of art web applications from scratch with the help of modern tooling, frameworks, and libraries
- Create modern Web applications to help businesses around the world benefit from better quality applications
- Learn the latest features of TypeScript 3 and use them wisely
- Explore TDD practices, OOP techniques, and industry best practices to create high-quality and modular apps
This book is a practical guide to learn the TypeScript programming language. It covers from the very basics to the more advanced concepts, while explaining many design patterns, techniques, frameworks, libraries and tools along the way. You will also learn a ton about modern web frameworks like Angular, Vue.js and React, and you will build cool web applications using those. This book also covers modern front-end development tooling such as Node.js, npm, yarn, Webpack, Parcel, Jest, and many others. Throughout the book, you will also discover and make use of the most recent additions of the language introduced by TypeScript 3 such as new types enforcing explicit checks, flexible and scalable ways of project structuring, and many more breaking changes.
By the end of this book, you will be ready to use TypeScript in your own projects and will also have a concrete view of the current frontend software development landscape.
What you will learn
- Understand and take advantage of TypeScript's powerful Type System
- Grasp the key concepts and features of Angular, React, Vue.js, and NestJS
- Handle asynchronous processes using Promises, async/await, Fetch, RxJS, and more
- Delve into REST, GraphQL and create APIs using Apollo
- Discover testing concepts, techniques, and tools like TDD, BDD, E2E, Jest
- Learn Object-Oriented and Functional Programming concepts and leverage those with TypeScript
- Explore design practices and patterns such as SOLID, MVC, DI and IoC, LoD, AOP, and more
Who this book is for
Beginning Git and GitHub: A Comprehensive Guide to Version Control, Project Management, and Teamwork for the New Developer [EPUB]
19 December 2019, 13:39
2019 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781484253120 | 17.66MB
Learn the fundamentals of version control through step-by-step tutorials that will teach you the ins-and-outs of Git. This book is your complete guide to how Git and GitHub work in a professional team environment.
Divided into three parts – Version Control, Project Management and Teamwork – this book reveals what waits for you in the real world and how to resolve the problems you may run into. Once past the basics of Git, you'll see how to manage a software project, and finally how to utilize Git and GithHub to work effectively as a team.
You'll examine how to plan, follow and execute a project with GitHub, and then apply those concepts to real-world situations. Workaround the pitfalls that most programmers fall into when driving a project with Git by using proven tactics to avoid them. You will also be taught the easiest and quickest ways to resolve merge conflicts.
A lot of modern books on Git don’t go into depth about non-technical topics. Beginning Git and GitHub will help you cover all the bases right at the start of your career.
What You'll Learn
- Review basic and advanced concepts of Git
- Apply Project Management skills using GitHub
- Solve conflicts or, ideally, avoid them altogether
- Use advanced concepts for a more boosted workflow
Who This book Is For
New developers, developers that have never worked in a team environment before, developers with basic knowledge of Git or GitHub, or anyone who works with text documents.
Cloud FinOps: Collaborative, Real-Time Cloud Financial Management [EPUB]
19 December 2019, 13:38
2019 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781492054627 | 5.33MB
Despite many uncertainties in cloud computing, one truth is evident: costs will always tend to go up unless you’re actively engaged in the process. Whether you’re new to managing cloud spend or a seasoned pro, this book will clarify the often misunderstood workings of cloud billing fundamentals and provide expert strategies on creating a culture of cloud cost management in your organization.
Drawing on real-world examples of successes and failures of large-scale cloud spenders, this book outlines a road map for building a culture of FinOps in your organization. Beginning with the fundamental concepts required to understand cloud billing concepts, you’ll learn how to enable an efficient and effective FinOps machine.
- Learn how the cloud works when it comes to financial management
- Set up a FinOps team and build a framework for making spend efficiency a priority
- Examine the anatomy of a cloud bill and learn how to manage it
- Get operational recipes for maximizing cloud efficiency
- Understand how to motivate engineering teams to take cost-saving actions
- Explore the FinOps lifecycle: Inform, Optimize, and Operate
- Learn the DNA of a highly functional cloud FinOps culture