Software Developer Life: Career, Learning, Coding, Daily Life, Stories [Audiobook]
28 October 2018, 03:58
2018 | M4B@64 kbps | 5 hours and 49 minutes | 158.73MB
We've made a dent into the 21st century, and software has been eating the world. Suspenseful tech dramas play out in the news, boot camps churn out entry-level developers in a matter of months, and there's even an HBO show dedicated to Silicon Valley.
In the midst of these trends lies a severe lack of attention to the daily life of the developer - the day-to-day reality that surrounds each line of code. There are plenty of resources available to help the budding developer learn how to code, but what about everything else?
Who should listen to this audiobook?
This audiobook is for anyone interested in getting a sneak peek inside the world of software!
- The new graduates about to jump into their first jobs
- The veterans who want a dose of nostalgia and a good chuckle
- The product managers looking to empathize more with their coding counterparts
- The disgruntled developers contemplating the meaning of life
- The high school students thinking about jumping on the computer-science bandwagon
- The budding programmers looking to become more effective and gain more leverage at work
What's inside the audiobook?This audiobook is a highlight reel of content revolving around the software developer's life.
Inside, you will find 40 concise chapters covering five broad topics:
- Daily life
Everyone has something unique to share. This audiobook gathers together various perspectives and unique stories to give a well-rounded view of modern software development.
This is not a technical audiobook. This is everything else.
Got Ideas?: How to Turn Your Ideas into Products People Want to Use [Audiobook]
19 October 2018, 05:25
2018 | M4B@64 kbps | 5 hours and 54 minutes | 160.85MB
So you have a brilliant idea for a digital product. Now what?
This concise, easy-to-listen-to manual will walk you through the steps of creating great apps and other products. With an unwavering focus on user experience and a commitment to ongoing iteration, the authors break down all the elements and exercises that go into creating products people won't just buy, but will love to use.
You'll learn about:
- The foundation of all great digital products, including finding your vision, mapping your user journey, and always mapping your strategy back to your goals
- How to conduct lean, mean research without a lot of time or money
- Which development methodology will work best for you, your product, and your scaling team
- Why user-centric design is integral to any successful product today
- The secrets to building a small, effective start-up team
- How to bring your business model to life and attract the right investors at the right time
With hands-on, tactical instruction, you'll create the building blocks of a great product, including:
- Your very first proof of concept
- A value proposition you can commit to
- A tangible product workflow
- A feasibility audit
- Iterative prototypes that react to feedback and lessons learned
- Your first pitch deck
Got Ideas? turns dreamers into viable entrepreneurs and good ideas into excellent products with great user-experience design.
Entrepreneur Voices on the Science of Success [Audiobook]
17 October 2018, 06:46
2018 | M4B@64 kbps | 4 hours and 51 minutes | 132.37MB
Whether at work or at home, success is something we strive for in all aspects of our lives. And while there are a number of obvious things you should be doing in order to achieve your goals and reach success, there are also some not-so-obvious ones. Entrepreneur Voices on the Science of Success offers data and research-backed tools and tactics for both business and personal achievement from entrepreneurs and small business owners including Tim Ferris, Brian Tracy, and Reid Hoffman.
Listeners will learn how to apply the science and research-backed tools to help them:
- Implement daily habits to increase productivity and create a billion-dollar business
- Capture the right audience, enhance their brand experience, and increase customer loyalty
- Learn how to use science to close deals and increase revenue
- Reduce stress, thrive at work, and change their mind-set to live a happier and more balanced life