From Bud to Boss: Secrets to a Successful Transition to Remarkable Leadership [Audiobook]
25 June 2017, 00:44
2017 | MP3@64 kbps + Companion PDF | 9 hrs 52 mins | 271.47MB
Practical advice for making the shift to your first leadership position.
The number of people who will become first-time supervisors will likely grow in the next 10 years, as Baby Boomers retire. Perhaps the most challenging leadership experience anyone will face isn't one at the top, but their first promotion to leadership. They must deal with the change and uncertainty that comes with a new job, requiring new skills, and they've been promoted from peer to leader. While the audiobook addresses the needs of any manager, supervisor, or leader, it pulls from the best leadership and management thinking, and puts the focus on the difficulties that new leaders experience.
- Includes practical information for new managers who must supervise friends and former peers
- Authors are expert consultants who work with leaders at all levels
- Shows how to adopt the mindset of a leader, including: communicating change, giving feedback, coaching employees, leading productive teams, and achieving goals
This much-needed audiobook can help new leaders get beyond the stress and fear to focus on becoming the most effective leader they can be - starting right now.
The Leadership Mind Switch: Rethinking How We Lead in the New World of Work [Audiobook]
24 June 2017, 23:13
2017 | MP3@64 kbps | 6 hrs 43 mins | 184.75MB
Lead your company to success in the new Industrial Revolution!
The world of business has completely transformed in recent years - and the pace of change will only increase in coming years. But one thing remains the same: quality leadership is the hinge on which the fate of every organization swings.
The Leadership Mind Switch provides the critical lessons you need to lead your company in a fully globalized business world where radical technologies reign supreme.
Debra Benton and Kylie Wright-Ford have helped some of today's most top executives successfully position themselves and their companies for the future. Now, in this groundbreaking leadership guide, they share their insight with you. Learn how to effectively lead a workforce that:
- Is rich in demographic texture - representing as many as four different generations
- Has varying - and sometimes conflicting - expectations of the company
- Operates with different ideas about what success looks like
- Uses, approaches, and even understands technology in different ways
The answers to these questions and many others are all here. You'll learn how to be the kind of leader who is both firm in his or her decisions but maintains an air of approachability. You'll learn how to drive high productivity while keeping your workers happy and satisfied in their jobs. And you'll learn how to embrace new technologies without sacrificing the human touch - which is the hallmark of great leadership.
It will take unprecedented levels of agility, confidence, and fearlessness to lead into the future. Make the leadership mind switch to seize the competitive edge now in order to drive profits and growth tomorrow.
The Humor Advantage: Why Some Businesses Are Laughing All the Way to the Bank [Audiobook]
24 June 2017, 23:09
2017 | MP3@64 kbps | 7 hrs 13 mins | 198.37MB
Energize employees and turn customers into raving, passionate fans! The Humor Advantage features businesses from around the world that have built brand advantages through humor. Packed with ideas on how you, your team, and your entire organization can put humor to work effectively in any workplace or business, this is a blueprint for creating an inspiring workplace culture that can help any business achieve outrageous results.
The book includes ideas on:
- How to brand your business to attract employees
- How to hire for and with humor
- How to build a tribal culture that's a barrel of laughs
- How to motivate employees, recognize employees, and celebrate success at work
- How to make your workplace messages contagious and communicate more effectively
- How humor can drive creativity and innovation at work
- How humor lowers stress at work
- How humor can help brand your business to attract customers
- How humor can help you turn your long-term customers into passionate fans
As packed with ideas as it is fun to listen to, The Humor Advantage is the definitive book on the topic of humor in the workplace - a rollicking listen that can help any employee, leader, team, or organization laugh all the way to the bank!