How to Turn Down a Billion Dollars: The Snapchat Story [Audiobook]
16 February 2018, 12:13
2018 | MP3@64 kbps + EPUB | 7 hrs 56 mins | 220.23MB
This audiobook is the improbable and exhilarating story of the rise of Snapchat from a frat boy fantasy to a multi-billion dollar internet unicorn that has dramatically changed the way we communicate.
In 2013 Evan Spiegel, the brash CEO of the social network Snapchat, and his co-founder Bobby Murphy stunned the press when they walked away from a three-billion-dollar offer from Facebook: how could an app teenagers use to text dirty photos dream of a higher valuation? Was this hubris, or genius? In How to Turn Down a Billion Dollars, tech journalist Billy Gallagher takes us inside the rise of one of Silicon Valley's hottest start-ups.
Snapchat began as a late-night dorm room revelation, the brainchild of Stanford English major Reggie Brown who was nursing regrets about photos he had sent. After an epic feud between best friends, Brown lost the company to Spiegel, who has gone on to make a name for himself as a visionary - if ruthless - CEO worth billions, linked to celebrities like Taylor Swift and his fiancée, Miranda Kerr.
A fellow Stanford undergrad and fraternity brother of the company's founding trio, Gallagher has covered Snapchat from the start. He brings unique access to a company Bloomberg Business called "a cipher in the Silicon Valley technology community."
Gallagher offers insight into challenges Snapchat faces as it transitions from a playful app to one of the tech industry's preeminent public companies. In the tradition of great business narratives, How to Turn Down a Billion Dollars offers the definitive account of a company whose goal is no less than to remake the future of entertainment.
Introduction to Investing: An Audio Course [Audiobook]
16 February 2018, 12:01
2018 | MP3@64 kbps | 8 hrs 42 mins | 240.61MB
In the world of investing, understanding the fundamentals wins every time. With this in mind, finance guru Greg McGraime shares with you the secrets he teaches executives at Fortune 500 companies. With over 20 years of industry experience, he offers time-tested advice for you to apply immediately to execute a winning investment strategy.
No matter where you are in your investment planning stages, the strategies and recommendations in this easy-to-follow audio course offer just what you need to ramp up your portfolio. In 24 lively audio lectures that you can enjoy while commuting or exercising, you will master the skills and strategies employed by America’s top investing experts.
A seasoned personal wealth advisor and broker, Greg McGraime leads workshops for companies like Google, Yahoo, HCA, and Intuit. These talks allow you to sit in the audience of one of his celebrated workshops, which give you the tools and answers to questions like these:
- How do you create a solid investment plan that best suits your needs?
- How do you ensure that your portfolio is sufficiently diversified?
- Should you be investing in individual stocks or mutual funds?
- How can you get the most wealth from buying and selling your home?
- How should you prepare for retirement?
- When should you buy or sell an investment?
- What’s the best way to save for college?
After exploring these and many more topics, you will walk away with deep wisdom and renewed confidence about your personal finances.
The Human Side of Agile: How to Help Your Team Deliver [Audiobook]
16 February 2018, 11:59
2018 | MP3@64 kbps | 9 hrs 52 mins | 280.36MB
Does your Agile team experience the following common problems?
- Members use established Agile practices and tools, yet with little motivation or buy-in.
- Even though the team is cross-functional, members don't collaborate effectively or leverage everyone's abilities.
- Rather than act empowered, they wait for permission and approval.
- Improvement has stalled - the team performs okay, but it can do so much better.
You can't solve these problems with more practices, rules, and tools. These are people problems.
If you're a ScrumMaster, project manager, delivery lead, or manager - or you aspire to be - you can make all the difference to your Agile team. Not by being a taskmaster, administrator, or process enforcer, but by leading your team to greatness. Listen to this audiobook on your Agile leadership journey, and it will help you to:
- Build and cultivate an engaged team that can handle almost any challenge
- Catalyze team communication, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Establish yourself as a confident and capable leader who adds value
- Reap the full benefits of Agile in the real world with real people