Destination Truth: Memoirs of a Monster Hunter
05 February 2013, 00:34
Gallery Books | 2011 | ISBN: 0743491726 | EPUB | 1.11MB
Truth is stranger than legend . . . and your journey into both begins here.
World adventurer and international monster hunter Josh Gates has careened through nearly 100 countries, investigating frightening myths, chilling cryptozoological legends, and terrifying paranormal phenomena. Now, he invites fans to get a behind-the-scenes look at these breathtaking expeditions.
Follow Gates from the inception of the groundbreaking hit show (at the summit of Kilimanjaro) to his hair-raising encounters with dangerous creatures in the most treacherous locations on earth. Among his many adventures, he unearths the flesh-crawling reality of the Mongolian Death Worm, challenges an ancient curse by spending the night in King Tut’s tomb, descends into a centuries-old mine to search for an alien entity in subterranean darkness, pursues ghosts in the radioactive shadow of Chernobyl, and explores sightings of Bigfoot from the leech-infested rain forests of Malaysia to the dizzying heights of the Himalayas.
Part journey into the unexplained, part hilarious travelogue, part fascinating look at the making of a reality-based TV show—and featuring never-before-published photographs— this Destination Truth companion takes readers on the supernatural expedition of a lifetime.
The Ringtone and the Drum
29 January 2013, 04:25
Zero Books | 2012 | ISBN: 1780995865 | EPUB | 0.65MB
Tucked away in a remote, volatile part of West Africa, Sierra Leone, Guinea-Bissau and Burkina Faso, three of the world's poorest countries, are in the throes of great upheaval. Globalization has shown their people that a more comfortable life is possible, but as they strive to attain it, climate change, the population boom, the tyrants of the old guard and the firm grip of tradition block their way.
The clash between old and new is explosive: civil wars erupt without warning, with drugged up rebels fighting over blood diamonds, gold or a humble bowl of rice; Al Qaeda has infiltrated Burkina Faso and threatens to extend its jihad across the region; Colombian drug gangs have overrun Guinea-Bissau; and Christian and Muslim fanatics battle for African souls, preparing their converts for Armageddon.
In The Ringtone and the Drum, Mark Weston dives into this maelstrom. In an often-unsettling adventure, he travels around the three countries and immerses himself in local life. Combining the remarkable stories of those he meets with his deep knowledge of Africa's development, the book sheds new light on a neglected but increasingly important corner of the globe.
Bang Iceland: How To Sleep With Icelandic Women In Iceland
22 January 2013, 05:16
CreateSpace | 2011 | ISBN: 1466206748 | 88 pages | EPUB | 397.21KB
Bang Iceland is a travel guide that teaches you how to sleep with Icelandic women while in Iceland without having to go to strip clubs or pay for escorts. Here's what you'll find inside...
- Advice on the time of year to visit
- Description of the "village-like feel" of Iceland and what this means to you when it comes to banging the women
- Why you should only visit Reykjavik and not bother with other cities (if all you want to do is get laid)
- The type of lodgings and materials you'll need to maximize your chance of getting one-night stands
- How to do Iceland on the cheap (I share how I kept my expenses down to $60 a day while having my own apartment)
- The low-down on the drinking culture: most common liquors, typical prices, and Icelandic drinking customs
Most of the book is dedicated to the women. You'll read...
- A description of an Icelandic girl's appearance, body shape and size, personality, and vibe
- How to deal with an Icelandic girl's skeptical, non-flirtatious, shy, and feminist nature
- The two qualities that Icelandic girls use to pick a man for sex
- A detailed breakdown of the five types of Icelandic girls, and which is the easiest to get into the sack
- How many approaches you'll likely have to do in order to bang an Icelandic girl
- How to set up meetings with girls on Iceland's biggest dating site before you even arrive (I share a message template so all you'll have to do is copy-and-paste)
You must experience Iceland's nightlife. I share...
- A complete breakdown on how to get bangs at night, including the time you should head out the door to run game
- How the American one-night stand culture is completely different from Iceland's
- How to run "last call" game, a method that leads to the most amount of fast sex
- My favorite opener to use on Icelandic girls
- The best way to answer their most common questions, such as "What are you doing here?" and "How long are you going to stay?"
- How to hit her with the "guilt" routine, which takes her out of her typical shy and skeptical shell
- Why using long, witty, and fun conversation is a poor method to seducing Icelandic women (I teach you tactics that are simpler and more effective)
- Why you shouldn't try to kiss an Icelandic girl in the bar
- How to perform the afterparty move, the most valuable tool in your last call game repertoire
- Your hail mary move if you have no prospects and all the bars are closed, a tactic that doesn't work in the United States but leads to sex in Iceland
- Why Iceland doesn't have a dating culture, and what that means if you don't get the one-night stand
The book has you covered with topics you may not have considered...
- How to reapproach Icelandic girls that you keep running into
- Notes on how you'll be perceived based on your race
- A depressing description of Icelandic guy game that should make you feel better about yours
- What type of clothing to pack for what is one of the most stylish countries in the world
I wrap the book up with stories and logistical information. You'll read...
- 6 short stories that offer additional insight and information to Icelandic culture, including humorous examples of having sex with Icelandic women
- Tourist breakdown of Reykjavik, where I explain my favorite daytime spots and tours
- List of the 13 best bars and clubs to meet Icelandic women, including the bar that I proclaim as the easiest place to get laid in Reykjavik
- A rundown of the types of nature and adventure tours you can take while in the country
The 80-page book is organized into five chapters...
- Welcome To Iceland: City background and logistics
- Girls: How they look and act
- Game: How to pick them up and sleep with them
- Stories: Six short stories from my time in Iceland
- Reykjavik: Details on the capital city
Bang Iceland aims to be a must-read for any Western man who wants to sleep with an Icelandic woman while visiting the country.