The Secret Sex Life of a Single Mom
04 March 2013, 00:25
Seal Press | 2012 | ISBN: 1580053866 | EPUB | 391.39KB
For seven years, Delaine Moore devoted herself to being the perfect wife and stay-at-home mom. Then, one day, she discovers her husband's infidelities, and suddenly she finds herself in a new role: 37 years old, mother of three . . . and going through a divorce. In the midst of this emotional turmoil, Moore discovers that her long-dormant libido has suddenly come alive and, surprising even herself, she decides to listen to what it’s saying.
The Secret Sex Life of a Single Mom is the funny and empowering story of the physical and spiritual self-discovery that results from Moore’s sexual awakening. Connecting with a fiery, daring side of her personality that has been subsumed by motherhood and marriage, Moore tries out everything from sex clubs and young gigolos to bondage and multi-partner sex testing her limits, reclaiming her body, and taking control of her life along the way. More than the story of a woman’s breaking and remaking after divorce, The Secret Sex Life of a Single Mom is a humorous, thoughtful exploration of what it means to be a mother and a sexual being, and a reminder that when life slams you down, a little fire won’t burn you - it will awaken you.
The Encyclopedia of Sacred Sexuality
26 February 2013, 12:53
Inner Traditions | 1991 | ISBN: 0892813210 | PDF | 54.07MB
This comprehensive reference book, lavishly illustrated and extensively cross-referenced, encompasses all eras and cultures in exploring the meaning of sexuality.
- Updated and expanded with over 150 new or revised entries, along with a vast array of new color illustrations
- Contains the most recent scientific knowledge of the brain, mind, and body as it relates to the erotic and sexual
- An exceptional reference--including Internet resources--that explores the farthest reaches of this fascinating subject
This fully updated and expanded edition of The Encyclopedia of Erotic Wisdom contains more than 1,200 entries--150 of which are either new additions or were extensively revised for this edition--and a vast array of new illustrations, many in full color, from the author's recent travels to the Far East. The encyclopedia explains how to integrate body and mind, love and sexuality, and spiritual exercise and inner alchemical techniques in the practice of sacred sexuality. It also contains the most recent scientific knowledge of the brain, mind, and body as it relates to the erotic and sexual. Extensive cross references, quotations from sacred erotic scriptures, Internet resources, and 28 indexes to related topics within the book take the reader on an odyssey from almost any point of departure to the farthest reaches of this fascinating subject.
26 February 2013, 12:33
Routledge | 2002 | ISBN: 0415237343 | PDF | 1.96MB
From advertising to health education campaigns, sex and sexual imagery now permeate every aspect of culture. Striptease Culture explores the 'sexualization' of contemporary life, relating it to wider changes in post-war society.
Striptease Culture is divided in to three sections:
- Part one – traces the development of pornography, following its movement from elite to mass culture and the contemporary fascination with ‘porno-chic’
- Part two – considers popular cultural forms of sexual representation in the media, moving from backlash elements in straight male culture and changing images of women, to the representation of gays in contemporary film and television
- Part three – looks at the use of sexuality in contemporary art, examinging the artistic ‘striptease’ of Jeff Koons, and others who have used their own naked bodies in their work.
Also considering how feminist and gay artists have employed sexuality in the critique and transformation of patriarchy, the high profile of sexuality as a key contributor to public health education in the era of HIV and AIDS, and the implications of the rise of striptease culture for the future of sexual poltics, Brian McNair has produced an excellent book in the study of gender, sexuality and contemporary culture.