Idiot's Guides: Krav Maga [EPUB]
30 January 2017, 05:12
2016 | EPUB | 138.73MB
Krav Maga, which means "contact combat" in Hebrew, is an easy-to-understand/remember aggressive system of self-defense. Idiot's Guides: Krav Maga will not only define what it is, but also review the principles and systems of techniques and training to ensure survival. Combining in-depth information and easy-to-understand illustrated instructions, this guide will be a wonderful tool to help train both men and women on how to protect themselves, deal with threatening situations, and reverse dangerous situations where they're at a disadvantage. Idiot's Guides: Krav Maga covers:
- The origination of Krav Maga: its history, birthplace, philosophy, and why it was created.
- The core essentials of Krav Maga's theory and practice.
- A review of how to condition the body and mind to outside threats and violence.
- An understanding of not only the physical aspect of Krav Maga, but how it is part of the bigger picture of personal protection.
- The thought process of the attacker and how to avoid potentially dangerous situations, if possible.
- How Krav Maga differs from martial arts in terms of not following handed down fighting rules and techniques.
- A breakdown of the belts in Krav Maga (yellow, orange, green, blue, brown, black), what it takes to attain them, and the differences between them.
- Step-by-step illustrated directions on the popular stances, positions, movements, kick/punch strikes, falls, joint locks, deflections, and techniques from the basics to advanced moves.
- How to use body weight, your most powerful muscles, and momentum to defeat an attacker.
- Instruction on protecting the body and weapons defense, in addition to mastering escapes.
Tactical Barbell II: Conditioning [EPUB]
29 January 2017, 14:10
2016 | EPUB | 0.9MB
You have something very valuable in your hands. A lifetime’s worth of training knowledge, drawn from the world’s most extreme arenas. Lessons learned and best practices from military operators, tactical law enforcement, combat athletes, and others that rely on their physical abilities to survive and thrive in very harsh and unforgiving environments. Where there’s more at stake than winning a medal, or getting a bruised ego. It’s great having a 600lb squat and 400lb bench press. However, as an operational athlete, if you can’t move, work, or thrive for long periods of time in a multitude of energy demanding environments, you are ineffective. Your big bench is useless; your big squat is useless. Tactical Barbell proposes you work towards being a different kind of athlete. The kind that’s not only extremely strong, but also highly conditioned. If you look carefully, you’ll see these people all around you. That guy on your Emergency Response Team with the 350lb bench press and a sub 9 minute 1.5 mile run.
The old Marine Sergeant that can run 6 miles in under 40 minutes followed by 30 dead-hang pull-ups. So how do you get there? It's not what you think. Popular 'bootcamp' style approaches that throw a lot of push-ups and running at you in a haphazard fashion don't work for long. Sure, you'll break a sweat and release some endorphins. You might even lose a pound or two. But take a good hard look at your progress. For all your effort, are you really that far ahead? To make real progress, you have to look to the approaches used by professionals. Train each attribute you're trying to improve in a progressive manner, using the most effective tools for that particular fitness domain.
In TB2, you'll find the structured, three-pronged approach to conditioning we take with tactical athletes. It consists of Base Building, followed by a transition to a more specific continuation protocol. Periodic maintenance of lower-priority domains complete the model. TB2 is the premier training manual for tactical law enforcement candidates, soldiers, and other operational athletes. You will be hard pressed to find a more thorough and effective conditioning program. If you’re a results-oriented individual looking for concrete, actionable programming based on cutting edge practices, this book is for you.
Nature's Remedies: An Illustrated Guide to Healing Herbs [EPUB]
27 January 2017, 23:23
2016 | EPUB | 7.3MB
Throughout history, herbs have been used medicinally to promote healing and vitality. Think chamomile for enhanced sleep, milk thistle for detox, and elderberry for an immunity boost. Today, herbal remedies are more popular than ever, celebrated not just for their effectiveness but also as all-natural and affordable.
This beginner-friendly guide welcomes a new generation to the trusted tradition. Engagingly written for a wide audience of homemakers, nature lovers, and fans of organic living, it presents richly detailed profiles of more than 65 herbs, including historical overviews, usages, how-to tips, and beautiful watercolor illustrations.