Talking About Death Won’t Kill You: The Essential Guide to End-of-Life Conversations [EPUB]
08 March 2018, 02:23
2018 | EPUB | 1.47MB
This practical handbook will equip readers with the tools to have meaningful conversations about death and dying
Death is a part of life. We used to understand this, and in the past, loved ones generally died at home with family around them. But in just a few generations, death has become a medical event, and we have lost the ability to make this last part of life more personal and meaningful. Today people want to regain control over health-care decisions for themselves and their loved ones.
Talking About Death Won’t Kill You is the essential handbook to help Canadians navigate personal and medical decisions for the best quality of life for the end of our lives. Noted palliative-care educator and researcher Kathy Kortes-Miller shows readers how to identify and reframe limiting beliefs about dying with humor and compassion. With robust resource lists, Kortes-Miller addresses
- advance care plans for ourselves and our loved ones
- how to have conversations about end-of-life wishes with loved ones
- how to talk to children about death
- how to build a compassionate workplace
- practical strategies to support our colleagues
- how to talk to health-care practitioners
- how to manage challenging family dynamics as someone is dying
- what is involved in medical assistance in dying (MAID)
Far from morbid, these conversations are full of meaning and life — and the relief that comes from knowing what your loved ones want, and what you want for yourself.
Willpower Doesn't Work: Discover the Hidden Keys to Success [EPUB]
06 March 2018, 23:36
2018 | EPUB | 0.28MB
We rely on willpower to create change in our lives...but what if we're thinking about it all wrong? In Willpower Doesn't Work, Benjamin Hardy explains that willpower is nothing more than a dangerous fad-one that is bound to lead to failure. Instead of "white-knuckling" your way to change, you need to instead alter your surroundings to support your goals. This book shows you how.
The world around us is fast-paced, confusing, and full of distractions. It's easy to lose focus on what you want to achieve, and your willpower won't last long if your environment is in conflict with your goals--eventually, the environment will win out. Willpower Doesn't Work is the needed guided for today's over-stimulating and addicting environment. Willpower Doesn't Work will specifically teach you:
- How to make the biggest decisions of your life--and why those decisions must be made in specific settings
- How to create a daily "sacred" environment to live your life with intention, and not get sucked into the cultural addictions
- How to invest big in yourself to upgrade your environment and mindset
- How to put "forcing functions" in your life--so your default behaviors are precisely what you want them to be
- How to quickly put yourself in proximity to the most successful people in the world--and how to adapt their knowledge and skills to yourself even quicker
- How to create an environment where endless creativity and boundless productivity is the norm
Benjamin Hardy will show you that nurture is far more powerful than your nature, and teach you how to create and control your environment so your environment will not create and control you.
Your Story Is Your Power: Free Your Feminine Voice [EPUB]
06 March 2018, 20:11
2018 | EPUB | 144.46MB
In a very real sense we define our lives through our stories. Understand these stories, along with the motivations behind them, and we can positively change how our future unfolds. With this premise, Elle Luna, the author of The Crossroads of Should and Must, and the psychotherapist Susie Herrick present Your Story Is Your Power.
Beautifully designed and illustrated with Luna’s watercolor artwork throughout, this inspiring and practical hands-on guide shows women how to uncover and understand their own stories in order to live more confident, unapologetic lives. Your Story Is Your Power is like a guided introspection, bringing us from the influences that created the way we think and engage with the world into our own personal stories. By using a series of psychologically astute exercises that focus on the reader’s experience of being female, the reader will identify and understand how she is shaped by family, cultural stereotypes, personality type, personal myths, and more. And as in any successful therapy, the heart of this knowledge gained leads to a clearer sense of self and purpose, both in one’s personal life and in the larger community of women.
Balanced with examples and stories of both authors, along with their shared sense of humor and measured outrage, Your Story Is Your Power is a personal, thoughtful, motivating, gorgeous gift to help every woman take control of her future.