his is Cancer: Everything You Need to Know, from the Waiting Room to the Bedroom [EPUB]
01 December 2016, 02:36
2016 | EPUB | 0.9MB
Cancer is indiscriminate. It cares little for class, creed or color. Its patients are literally everywhere. When Laura Holmes Haddad was diagnosed, she discovered shelf upon shelf of overly-earnest, somber, gray survival books, and knew there had to be a better way. This Is Cancer is the thoughtful, informative fabulous-looking result for those who prefer their pathos with equal parts humor and reality and a touch of flair. A “what to expect when you’re expecting” book for the diagnosis you don’t want but are stuck with, This Is Cancer is the book that patients keep in their “heading to the hospital bag,” because it’s the only one that tells them what’s going on and keeps them company.
Including such useful snippets as:
- There is no limit to what you will put yourself through when told it might save your life.
- Stay away from the Internet. And don’t let anyone tell you “what they looked up” about your diagnosis.
- You’ll be surrounded by people but you’ll feel lonely, and alone, sometimes.
- Lexapro is Tylenol for the soul.
- If you don’t like your doctor(s), find new ones. You will feel somewhat at the mercy of them, like they hold the key to your mortality, but in fact more than one doctor can potentially save you and some are nice and some are mean.
Whether you or your loved ones want a primer full of useful information in an easy to reference format or a friendly and comforting read, the honest, grave, and mordantly funny stories and tips from young survivors will bring you the real intel and advice that you need most during this tremendously difficult time.
The Runner's Guide to a Healthy Core: How to Strengthen the Engine That Powers Your Running [EPUB]
01 December 2016, 02:33
2016 | EPUB | 5.65MB
Every runner knows that you need more than just sturdy legs to achieve personal best performances and to stay injury-free. To reach your optimal running potential, you need a strong and healthy core. Not only will having proper core strength give you toned abs and thighs, but it will also ensure that you maintain good form as your fatigue mounts, and ultimately it will decrease your chances of succumbing to devastating injury. In The Runner’s Guide to a Healthy Core, celebrated orthopedic and champion runner Daniel Frey provides all the essential knowledge that is needed for achieving ideal core strength. Key pieces of information include:
- A detailed description of how the core functions when we run
- Illustrations of key core stretches and exercises
- A step-by-step guide to correct breathing while running
- Home remedies to ensure that soreness doesn’t become injury
- And dozens more professionally endorsed tips and tactics!
Complete with dozens of color photographs and charts, The Runner’s Guide to a Healthy Core contains all you’ll ever need to gain and sustain a powerful and sturdy core strength.
40 Days to Personal Revolution [EPUB]
01 December 2016, 02:31
2011 | EPUB | 5.63MB
From Baron Baptiste, author of Journey Into Power and the “spiritual master driving the yoga revolution” (Self), a hands-on, step-by-step guide to adapt to your needs and lifestyle to make your body sleek, your mind clear, and your spirit light.
In 40 Days to Personal Revolution, Baron Baptiste—one of the world’s most beloved master yoga teachers—inspires us to transform more than body and mind: He gives us the tools we need to set ourselves free to live the healthful life we’ve always imagined. In the next forty days you will create a whole new way of being and living. Tapping ancient wisdom and his own personal experience, Baron has created a relevant and completely practical program that will lead you to the clarity of mind, body, and spirit that awaits on the other side of your revolution. Each week includes:
- A yoga practice to do every morning
- Principles to cleanse your diet along with eating plan
- Instructions to begin and deepen a meditation practice
- Excavation questions to root out limiting beliefs and patterns
Let the Revolution Begin Now!