Wildlife in Your Garden: Planting and Landscaping to Create a Backyard Sanctuary [EPUB]
24 July 2016, 02:49
2016 | EPUB | 62.19MB
Imagine a thriving garden in your backyard, bursting with vibrantly colored blooms and lush green leaves, shaded by tall trees. Now imagine the same garden, alive with buzzing and flapping and chirping and croaking. Imagine the ecological impact of encouraging natural pollinators. Imagine the excitement of watching your garden become a hub of activity and learning about all of its different visitors. For those who relish observing nature in action, planning a garden to attract certain types of wildlife can bring daily enjoyment right into the backyard.
Inside Wildlife in Your Garden:
- How to deal with and even appreciate the insects in your garden
- Reptile and amphibian backyard visitors and how they can contribute to a healthy ecosystem
- “Birdscaping”—planning and planting with birds in mind
- A special section on hummingbirds that includes an illustrated guide to twelve common types
- Using binoculars and field guides to identify birds by sight and by calls
- Different types of pollination and the plants and food crops that depend on it
- Butterfly metamorphosis and gardening for the different life stages
- How bats and moths take over pollination duties at night
- Learning to coexist with four-legged furry friends who like to dig and forage
- Natural ways to protect your garden from pests and discourage harmful wildlife
The Complete Illustrated Book of Herbs [EPUB]
24 July 2016, 02:48
2016 | EPUB | 49.63MB
This beautifully illustrated complete guide to herbs unlocks the secrets of these wonder plants—from planting and harvesting to cooking and storing—including their health benefits.
This beautifully illustrated, complete guide to herbs unlocks the secrets of these wonder plants—from planting and harvesting to cooking and storing—including their health benefits. Now you can discover the joy and pleasure of growing your own herbs—for spicing up meals, creating crafts, treating ailments, and more. In this comprehensive and beautifully illustrated herbal guide you’ll find information on their history, cultivation, propagation, and harvesting, along with a wealth of great ideas for using herbs everyday in a variety of ways.
This guide unravels the mysteries of these versatile plants, with savvy tips and simple formulas for maximizing their powers. Did you know?
- Mint can repel ants, flies, mice, and moths
- Garlic can seriously lower cholesterol
- Chives, fennel, tarragon, thyme, oregano, and winter savory are perennials
- Rosemary was used in the Middle Ages for its tranquilizing effects, and it is still a digestion aid
Known for alleviating common ailments, herbs are an ancient natural wonder—herbs are hotter than ever. Extremely informative and fascinating, this book will help you find which herb can treat various complaints. Throughout the guide are instructions for bursting-with-flavor recipes, health-care products, decorative craft ideas, insect repellents, cosmetics, cleaning agents, and much more.
The Complete Guide to Contracting Your Home, 4th Edition [EPUB]
07 June 2016, 12:38
2010 | EPUB | 16.98MB
Whether you want to take on all the responsibility of contracting your home or simply want to intelligently communicate with your homebuilder, The Complete Guide to Contracting Your Home can help you save 30% or more on the cost of home construction by teaching you the practical, day-to-day details of managing a construction project.
You'll learn the up-front essentials to getting your project off to a solid start. You'll get financial and legal details in language you can understand. Learn the ins and outs of selecting a lot, dealing with suppliers, labor and subcontractors, safety, inspections and saving money so you can manage with authority, confidence and efficiency.
You'll be walked through preconstruction, foundations, framing, roofing, plumbing, electrical, masonry, siding, insulation, drywall, trim, painting, cabinetry, countertops, flooring, tile and landscaping.
Also included is the most comprehensive building resources section ever compiled. The appendix includes schedules, checklists, order forms, control logs and contracts you can't be without.