Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff [EPUB]
11 November 2018, 18:45
2018 | EPUB | 25.2MB
More Style, Less Stuff
Cozy Minimalism isn’t about going without or achieving a particular new, modern style. Nope. It’s simply a mindset that helps you get whatever style YOU LOVE with the fewest possible items.
You want a warm, cozy, inviting home, without using more resources, money, and stuff than needed. Why use more if you don't have to?
In Cozy Minimalist Home, accidental stylist and bestselling author Myquillyn Smith guides you step by step on making purposeful design decisions for your home. You'll have the tools to transform your home starting with what you already have, and using just enough of the right furniture and decor to create a home you're proud of in a way that honors your personal priorities, budget, and style. No more fretting when it comes to decorating your house!
In Cozy Minimalist Home, Myquillyn Smith helps you
- Realize your role as the curator of your home who makes smart, style-impacting design choices
- Finally know what to focus on, and what not to worry about when it comes to your home
- Discover the real secret to finding your unique style—it has nothing to do with those style quizzes
- Understand how to find a sofa you won't hate tomorrow
- Deconstruct each room and then re-create it step by step with a fail proof process
- Create a pretty home with more style and less stuff—resulting in backwards decluttering!
- Finish your home and have it looking the way you've always hoped so you can use it the way you've always dreamed
After reading Myquillyn's first book, The Nesting Place, women everywhere were convinced that it doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful and they found real contentment in their homes. But how does a content imperfectionist make actual design decisions?
Cozy Minimalist Home is the answer to that question. Written for the hands-on woman who'd rather move her own furniture than hire a designer, this is the guidance she needs to finish every room of her house. With people, priorities and purpose in mind, anyone can create a beautiful home that transcends the trends.
A pretty home is nice, but a Cozy Minimalist home goes beyond pretty and sets the stage for connection, relationship, and rest.
Building a Sustainable Home: Practical Green Design Choices for Your Health, Wealth, and Soul [EPUB]
07 November 2018, 01:44
2018 | EPUB | 88.62MB
The green building movement has produced hundreds of “how-to” books and websites that are filled with tips about green building and what homeowners should do to go green. While helpful and informative, when it comes to making actual purchasing and installation decisions, these books do not make it any easier for a homeowner to prioritize against a budget. Here, Schifman shares her knowledge and experience for others to use in their journey toward a greener way of living.
Whether the reader is building a new home or doing a minor remodel, a homeowner needs a framework by which to guide their decisions. These decisions are based on values, and the author posits that there are really only three reasons to go green:
- For Our Health: By building more sustainably, we reduce our exposure to harmful chemicals and toxins.
- For Our Wealth: By building a more durable home and being more efficient with resources like water and electricity, we reduce our monthly utility bills and ongoing maintenance expenses.
- For Our Soul: Collectively doing the right thing for our planet does make a difference―and that is soul-nourishing.
Learn the logistics of choosing windows, insulation, appliances, and lighting. Find out about FSC certified wood and about using reclaimed materials. Here is everything you need to make your home sustainable.
Homebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave [EPUB]
07 November 2018, 01:37
2018 | EPUB | 86.99MB
In Homebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave, Joanna Gaines walks you through how to create a home that reflects the personalities and stories of the people who live there. Using examples from her own farmhouse as well as a range of other homes, this comprehensive guide will help you assess your priorities and instincts, as well as your likes and dislikes, with practical steps for navigating and embracing your authentic design style.
Room by room, Homebody gives you an in-depth look at how these styles are implemented as well as how to blend the looks you're drawn to in order to create spaces that feel distinctly yours. A removable design template at the back of the book offers a step-by-step guide to planning and sketching out your own design plans. The insight shared in Homebody will instill in you the confidence to thoughtfully create spaces you never want to leave.