100 Fresh and Fun Handmade Cards [EPUB]
16 December 2013, 09:10
2012 | EPUB | 48.17MB
Swivels, Pop-Ups, Spinners, Shakers, Sliders and More: Handmade Cards Have Never Been So Much Fun!
Why settle for just any old greeting card when you can make your loved ones feel even more special with a handmade card? 100 Fresh and Fun Handmade Cards offers fabulous card inspiration and how-tos that are just right. Author Kimber McGray and select contributors share a huge variety of styles and designs with 100 cards: 50 quick and adorable cards for every occasion and 50 interactive or dimensional cards based on the quick card designs.
Inside you'll find:
- Essential techniques for cardmaking, including easy-to-follow directions for creating card bases, penny sliders and pop-ups.
- Cards for every occasion, from birthdays and holidays to special occasions and general greetings.
- Interactive or dimensional cards with parts that pop-up, shake and spin, and an awesome selection of gift card holders.
The TAB Guide to DIY Welding [EPUB]
11 December 2013, 02:40
2013 | EPUB | 30.23MB
A practical guide with step-by-step instructions and hands-on projects for newcomers to metalwork and MIG welding
The TAB Guide to DIY Welding shows you how to get started with MIG welding and metalworking. Inside, you'll find illustrated step-by-step instructions for making useful objects for around the home, as well as fun artistic projects. This easy-to-follow book takes you through setting up a metalworking studio, finding local resources for materials, and the safe operation of metal studio tools.
Everything you need to know about MIG welding is here in one handy resource.
You'll learn what steel is made of and the principles behind electrical welding. Then you'll learn how to acquire new steel, how to interface with steel suppliers, and how to find your own salvaged steel. After the basic principles of metalworking, hand and power tools are covered--and they're put to use through hands-on projects that allow you to develop new welding skills and establish building blocks for future tasks. By the end of the book, you’ll be able to create successful metal projects on your own, like a pro!
- Illustrated instructions with photos and drawings provide step-by-step procedures and clear explanations
- Projects include useful items for around your home and garden, including a log holder, plant stands and tables, a rolling garden cart, and a barbeque grill
- Easy-to-follow examples and explanations for beginning artists, DIYers, and hobbyists
- Expert advice from an experienced teacher of MIG welding courses
- Course supplement for classroom and shop instruction
- A list of online and local resources to help beginning metalworkers access a metalworking community
The Workbench Design Book [EPUB]
10 December 2013, 05:51
2011 | EPUB | 43.75MB
The follow-up book to Workbenches: From Design & Theory to Construction & Use.
Complete plans, expert instruction and rationale for building nine workbench formsInstruction on improving existing workbenches for better workholding and an improved woodworking shop.
The Workbench Design Book not only shows how to design a workbench—it also discusses and presents nine specific designs plus critiques of 10 additional workbenches, with suggestions for making any bench work most effectively for the kind of work the user does. The 9 workbench plans have a range suitable for all workshop needs, from handwork to power tools. A discussion of workbench design rules teach what's effective and why in a multitude of workshop situations. Additional workholding options—from shop-made jigs and commercial bench dogs to vise hardware—are also provided.