30 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do Before Turning 30 [EPUB]
29 December 2013, 18:00
2003 | EPUB + MOBI | 1/1.15MB
You’re old enough to own property and have a family, but can you safely open a bottle of champagne? Or change a flat tire? 30 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do Before Turning 30 provides idiot-proof instructions for mastering these and other essential, face-saving, and possibly life-saving skills.
You’ll learn how to...
- wrap a present
- start a successful fire in a fireplace, at a campsite, and in a barbecue
- finish a piece of furniture
- get a raise
- order wine at a restaurant without getting stiffed
- parallel park in three breathtakingly beautiful movements
- dance a “slow dance” without looking like an idiot
- use a full place setting properly, including chopsticks and Asian soup spoons
- clean your place in under 45 minutes, when friends, relatives, or prospective lovers are coming by unexpectedly, and soon
- hold your liquor
- cure a hangover
- do the Heimlich Maneuver
- use a compass
- change a flat
- jump start a car
- open a champagne bottle
- send a drink to someone’s table
- cook one “signature meal”
- whistle with your fingers
- take good pictures
- fold a fitted sheet
- remove common stains
- sew a button
- carve turkey, lasagna, and birthday cake
- hold a baby
- change a diaper
- keep a plant alive for more than a year
- make dogs and cats love you
- help someone (an older or ill person, a woman you’re trying to impress, your mother) out of a car
- write superior thank you notes
Tiles Gone Wild [EPUB]
28 December 2013, 10:48
2008 | EPUB + MOBI | 8.62/8.73MB
Mixed Media Meets Mosaics
If you think only "ceramic tile" when you think "mosaic," think again - and prepare for Tiles Gone Wild to open your mind to a world of mixed-media possibilities! In this follow-up to the best-selling Wild Tiles, mosaic artist Chrissie Grace offers up twenty new projects featuring unexpected materials - from paper to bottle caps, stained glass to handmade clay tiles - combined in her trademark whimsical style.
Take a walk on the wild side as step-by-step instructions teach you how to:
- Tile on unusual surfaces like PVC pipes and brick pavers.
- Customize your work by using photo editing software to design tile portraits.
- Create fun and functional pieces for your home, as well as funky display pieces for your patio or garden.
- Combine mosaic and mixed-media techniques to take your creations to a whole new level.
Let Tiles Gone Wild inspire you to try a fresh approach to mosaics - and let your creativity run wild!
Traditional Box Projects [PDF]
24 December 2013, 13:45
2010 | PDF | 27.78MB
Box making has always been one of the perennial favorites of all wood projects. And because wooden boxes make such meaningful gifts, this collection of beautiful, durable, and functional box projects is sure to please. All of the designs are based on traditional boxes, historically inspired by Shaker, Arts & Crafts, and other popular styles. But this is not a book of exacting reproductions for master craftsmen only. These are attainable interpretations of some of the most enduring box designs, all presented in a step-by-step format, with photos and detailed instructions.
The author, a fine-furniture maker, offers tried-and-true tips for avoiding pitfalls as well as alternative design and construction options. Most of the boxes are easy to build, though a few offer challenges. A wide array of design styles and the consistent high level of detail in the projects will appeal to a range of woodworkers.