Basic Electronics for Tomorrow's Inventors [EPUB]
04 April 2014, 06:38
2012 | EPUB | 22.66MB
Learn about electronics with fun experiments and projects
Created in partnership with Thames & Kosmos, Basic Electronics for Tomorrow's Inventors introduces you to essential electronics concepts through fun, do-it-yourself projects. You'll get tips for setting up your home workbench, safely handling materials, and creating a variety of entertaining gadgets. All of the projects and experiments use inexpensive, readily available electronic components and different types of breadboard, which creates a plug-and-play environment for you to build electronic circuits—no soldering required!
Inside you'll find:
- Things You'll Need--lists of all the electronic components and equipment required for each experiment
- A Circuit Diagram--shows how each of the electronic components are connected to produce the experiment
- How the Circuit Works--identifies the building blocks used to make the circuit and helps you read circuit diagrams
- Breadboard Layout--close-up photographs that guide you in building each electronic circuit
- Time to Experiment--explains how to get your experiment working
Step-by-step projects include:
- Make an LED light up
- Make an LED flash
- Create colors with an RGB LED
- Build a working telephone
- Create indicator lights
- Build a temperature sensor
- Make an electronic horn
- Set up a water sensor
- Design a basic alarm circuit
- Make a pressure-sensitive mat
- Create a touch-activated alarm
- Build an electronic security keypad
- Make a reading light that switches on when it goes dark
Electronic game experiments
- Create a random number generator
- Flip an electronic coin
- Get ready for infrared target practice
- Build a sound-effects generator
The 21st Century Crossword Puzzle Dictionary [EPUB]
15 March 2014, 00:48
2009 | EPUB | 1.94MB
Finally, a crossword dictionary with all the words solvers need—and none of the ones they don’t! When it comes to puzzle dictionaries, it’s the quality of what’s inside that counts. Who needs a plethora of synonyms that never appear in an actual crossword?
So, authors Kevin McCann and Mark Diehl analyzed thousands of crosswords to amass an up-to-date list of words that regularly turn up in today’s top puzzles. To make the dictionary even easier to use, the most popular answers stand out in easy-to-see red, while charts highlight frequently sought-after information such as Oscar winners and Popes’ names. Crossword fans will keep this right next to their favorite puzzles!
Sewing Machine Secrets [EPUB]
12 March 2014, 09:00
2013 | EPUB | 10.58MB
Get the most out of your sewing machine and learn tips and tricks from an expert!
Sewing Machine Secrets is an indispensable resource for sewers of all levels, showing you how to choose, use, and maintain your sewing machine, master essential sewing techniques, and learn handy tips along the way.
The book is divided into two sections. Section one provides an overview of each type of sewing machine, instructions on how to use it, and detailing its advantages and limitations, necessary accessories and optional accessories, parts, and maintenance.
Section two uses a more technique-based approach, identifying the most versatile and commonly used presser feet and providing step-by-step techniques for all the results you can achieve using them.
Sewing Machine Secrets will teach you the tried and tested tricks you need to get the most out of your machine.