Collage Discovery Workshop [EPUB]
24 September 2014, 03:08
2003 | EPUB | 31.45MB
Unlock the Artist Within
Collage is the perfect medium to help you unleash your creative potential. You can gather materials from just about anywhere, glue them down on a surface and magically create a work of art. There are no mistakes, only discoveries. What could be more exciting?
In Collage Discovery Workshop, acclaimed collage artist Claudine Hellmuth shares 15 of her favorite collage techniques and invites you to play with basic collage materials in new and imaginative ways. Along the way, Claudine guides you with friendly advice on how to develop your artistic voice and turn an ordinary collage into something special.
Learn how to:
- Overcome "blank canvas" syndrome with recipes for four luscious backgrounds
- Combine words and images to capture a mood or tell a story in your collage
- Incorporate buttons, old photos, game pieces and other found objects in your art
- Explore the magical appeal of collaging with beeswax
- Layer patterns and images in your collages with amazing transfer techniques
- Honor a special friend with a personal keepsake collage
- Use a written journal to grow as an artist
Don't wait another day to express yourself with collage. You never know what surprising discoveries await!
Printmaking Unleashed [EPUB]
23 September 2014, 20:44
2014 | EPUB | 77.02MB
Unleash your inner artist and join Traci Bautista as she shares inventive ideas for making marks with handmade tools, nontraditional materials and simple DIY printmaking techniques. Pulsing with exploration and whimsy, Printmaking Unleashed features 60+ step-by-step demonstrations and countless possibilities for creating original prints, fabrics, art journal pages, mixed-media collage, and so much more.
- Tools Galore! Create a variety of handmade mark-making tools and texture plates using everything from encaustic paints, Collage Pauge and chipboard letters to modeling compound, needlepoint canvas and recycled cardboard.
- Mix-and-Match Techniques! Discover digital and traditional techniques for producing one-of-a-kind monoprints. Start with the basics, then build up layer after luscious layer of color and texture.
- Pure inspiration! Every page offers new ideas, original artwork and creative jumpstarts.
Flip through the pages and learn how anything with interesting texture or shape (rubber bands, vintage lace, the bottom of a bottle) can be incorporated into printmaking for exciting, unique effects. You will never look at a toothpick, freezer bag or plastic zip tie in the same way again!
Woodworking in a Weekend [EPUB]
23 September 2014, 20:40
2013 | EPUB | 15.98MB
Finally, a nuts-and-bolts woodworking guide with achievable and beautiful projects that people actually want to use! Woodworking in a Weekend is the ultimate go-to basic woodworking handbook, featuring 20 simple yet eye-catching projects that require only basic tools and reusable wood.
With creative and practical projects, including a rustic table made from axe handles, attractive shelves made of ladders, and even instructions for building a beehive, this gorgeous book is perfect for anyone who wants the satisfaction of building their own furniture without the hassle of extensive time commitments or fancy tools. Including clear, step-by-step instructions, inspiring photographs, and helpful how-to illustrations, crafters will soon be building classic, long-lasting home décor.