50 Things to Do with a Penknife: The whittler's guide to life [EPUB]
26 February 2018, 22:20
2018 | EPUB | 14.03MB
A beautifully presented, practical gift guide to the age-old art of whittling.
There are 50 projects featured in the book, ranging from quick makes to more elaborate projects, and even a chapter on creating things from cork. The 8 main themes are:
- Quick Things – including a doorstop, a bookmark and a gift-box book;
- Into The Woods – including a willow whistle, walking stick, fish hook and slingshot;
- Around The House – including chopsticks, coat and crochet hooks;
- Cork Creations – including a succulent pot, stamp, and earphones spool;
- Ornamental Carving – including a boat, a deer and a spinning top;
- Kitchen Carving – including a carrot flute, apple candle and onion flower;
- The Natural World – including a bird feeder and instructions to prepare a fish for cooking, a graft an apple tree.
The projects cater for a range of skill levels and the instructions are complemented by smart step-by-step illustrations, which highlight the tactile quality of the material in hand. The book also includes an introduction with advice on selecting a penknife, maintaining your blade, choosing your caving material, and carving techniques.
Featuring the ultimate crossover of cool craftsmanship and savvy survival-skill projects, this book is the perfect gift for creative adventurers.
The Total Outdoorsman Manual: Updated and Expanded with 408 Skills [EPUB]
26 February 2018, 22:19
2017 | EPUB | 29.25MB
The Total Outdoorsman Manual is the ultimate guide book for the outdoors enthusiast, packed with hundreds of practical tips and techniques from T. Edward Nickens and the experts at Field & Stream magazine, that is guaranteed to improve your hunting, fishing, camping and survival skills.
With practical information for both the beginner and advanced outdoorsman, the book is an authoritative, comprehensive, and entertaining guide that will enable anyone to master the outdoors and hunt, fish, and camp like an expert. The 10th anniversary edition includes a chapter of new tricks and skills from Total Outdoorsman Challenge contestants.
- HUNT BETTER How to track a buck, make the toughest shots, master bowhunting and knife skills, and haul, butcher, and cook wild game.
- FISH SMARTER Advice on the best techniques for flyfishing, baitcasting, and spinning, as well as surefire ways to get the most out of your motorboat, canoe, or kayak.
- SURVIVE ANYTHING Whether you fall through thick ice, are swept away by a raging river, or have a stare down with an angry bear, these skills means the difference between life and death.
- CAMP ANYWHERE Tested and proven expert tips to help you stay warm, eat well, and build a fire in any situation in record time.
The Droner's Manual: A Guide to the Responsible Operation of Small Unmanned Aircraft [PDF]
26 February 2018, 22:10
2018 | PDF | 26.17MB
The progress made in the field of unmanned aircraft within the last decade have made it possible for almost anyone to build their own UAV in their garage. For many, this is an exciting business proposition in fields from video production to agriculture. However, for beginners and even more experienced hobbyists, it can be a daunting. In this infant industry, reliable and relevant information for construction and programming of unmanned aircraft is often scattered across various sources. Similarly, the industry lacks an established set of standards for the safe and efficient operation of these small unmanned aircraft.
"The Droner’s Manual: A Guide to the Responsible Operation of Small Unmanned Aircraft" compiles the most important and relevant UA knowledge into a guide for both beginner and experienced operators. With his expertise as a UAV operator in government, industry, and hobby applications, author Kevin Jenkins offers step-by-step guidance to build, program, test, and fly both multicopters and fixed-wing aircraft for a variety of purposes.
The purpose of this book is to compile the most important and relevant collective knowledge into a guide for both beginners and the experienced. Inside you will find step-by-step guidance to build, program, test, and fly unmanned aircraft of various types and purposes including tips from experienced operators. Also included are detailed schematics and diagrams for the construction of complex systems such as First Person View (FPV) and mapping payloads. Ultimately, you will be able to fly with confidence by following the guidance provided for mission planning, checklists, and safe flight operations contained within. Whether you use it to build your first unmanned aircraft or as a handy reference in the field, this guide is an essential for drone builders, pilots, and operators.