A Complete French Grammar for Reference and Practice [EPUB]
11 January 2015, 18:20
2009 | EPUB | 8.51MB
This comprehensive manual thoroughly covers every aspect of French grammar, from the basic to the most advanced level, and illustrates the grammatical structures with useful, practical and interesting examples. Up-to-date language and usage both on the formal and on the informal level is paired with cultural information about France, making the study of grammar a pleasant experience. The book offers its users clear and detailed explanations, as well as the opportunity to practice their reading, writing and speaking skills in numerous oral and written exercises, which include translations, suggestions for communicative activities with a partner, and topics for written composition.
A Complete French Grammar for Reference and Practice can be used as a classroom text in intermediate and advanced courses, as well as for reference and self-study. It is a reliable source of information for teachers and students alike, and addresses all those learners who want to speak and write French correctly.
Allen and Greenough's New Latin Grammar [EPUB]
11 January 2015, 18:16
2013 | EPUB | 25.3MB
A venerable resource for more than a century, Allen and Greenough's New Latin Grammar is still regarded by students and teachers as the finest Latin reference grammar available. Concise, comprehensive, and well organized, it is unrivaled in depth and clarity, placing a wealth of advice on usage, vocabulary, diction, composition, and syntax within easy reach of Latin scholars at all levels.
This sourcebook's three-part treatment starts with words and forms, covering parts of speech, declensions, and conjugations. The second part, syntax, explores cases, moods, and tenses. The concluding section offers information on archaic usages, Latin verse, and prose composition, among other subjects. Extensive appendixes feature a glossary of terms and indexes. Students of history, religion, and literature will find lasting value in this modestly priced edition of a classic guide to Latin.
Introduction to Latin, 2nd Edition [EPUB]
11 January 2015, 18:11
2013 | PDF | 4.43MB
Introduction to Latin, Second Edition is an introductory Latin textbook designed with a streamlined flow that allows it to be completed in one year. Its concise and uncluttered approach gives students what they need to master the material. Grammar is integrated within the context of reading fluency. Innovative exercises provide translation practice as well as build “instinctive skills” that prepare students for reading authentic Latin works.
- Concise, streamlined presentation focuses on what students need to know, allowing the material to be covered in a year, even for courses which meet only three days a week
- Innovative exercises that go beyond the usual translation practice, engaging students with the mechanisms of the language and developing “more instinctive” skills
- Succinct grammatical explanations that don’t overwhelm the students with superfluous detail while also providing help for students with little or no understanding of English grammar
- Latin readings from ancient sources in the form of both sentences and short passages allow for students to connect with authentic Latin
- Practical instructions often overlooked by other textbooks, including reading a dictionary entry, reading strategies, sentence patterns, gapping, and expectations
New to the Second Edition
- Revised order of presentation that spreads material out more evenly between the first and second halves of the book
- Derivatives exercises added at the end of each chapter providing practice connecting English words with their Latin roots
- Bridge to next level: final three chapters provide review and include longer narrative readings with minimal editing to bridge students to the next level of Latin
- Revised selection of readings for more appropriate level of difficulty