Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2016 [EPUB]
28 May 2016, 22:31
2015 | EPUB | 2.09MB
The annual edition of the best-selling guide to all aspects of the media and how to write and get published, the Writers' & Artists' Yearbook is now in its 109th edition. Acknowledged by the publishing industry, authors and would-be writers as the indispensable companion to navigating the world of publishing.
The 80+ articles provide inspirational and how-to guidance on writing for newspapers, magazines, scripts for film, radio and TV; advice on writing and submitting plays, poetry, non-fiction and fiction of all genres - from fantasy to thrillers to romance; how to contact publishers and agents; managing finances as a writer; negotiating legal issues, such as copyright; understanding the editing process; self-publishing and conventional routes; digital and print.
NEW articles in the 2016 edition include:
- Alison Weir Historical fiction
- Ben Schott On writing
- Rose Prince Writing about food
- Sara Wheeler Travel Writing
- Danny Hahn Literary translation
- Nick Spalding Being a hybrid author
- Mel Sherratt Successful self-publishing
- Mike Poulton Adapting works for the stage
- Julia Copus Being a published poet
and pieces on: Writing theatre reviews, Graphic novels, Getting poetry published, Literary festivals, Greetings cards
Every one of over 4,500 listings of who to contact, where and for which disciplines across the media, are reviewed and most updated, with new listings added every year.
The combination of up-to-date listings information and expert advice, make the Yearbook a topical and reliable resource; the perfect gift for every writer every year.
The Pushkin Handbook [EPUB]
28 May 2016, 22:19
2013 | EPUB | 1.35MB
The Pushkin Handbook, a collection of studies by leading Pushkin scholars from the former Soviet Union, North America, and elsewhere, unites in one volume a multiplicity of voices engaged in a genuinely post-Soviet dialogue. From its beginnings, Pushkin’s oeuvre has accommodated numerous, often competing readings. This book is further testimony to the continuing complexity of Russia’s preeminent writer: his place in the literary and cultural cosmos, his relationship to his Russian predecessors and contemporaries, and his reception and interpretation at various points in history.
A Comprehensive French Grammar, 6th Edition [EPUB]
28 May 2016, 19:45
2008 | EPUB | 2.37MB
Characterized by clear and accessible explanations, numerous examples and sample sentences, a new section on register and tone, and useful appendices covering topics including age and time, A Comprehensive French Grammar, Sixth Edition is an indispensable tool for advanced students of French language and literature.
- A revised edition of this established, bestselling French grammar
- Includes a new section on register and medium and offers expanded treatment of French punctuation
- Features numerous examples and sample sentences, and useful appendices covering topics including age, time, and dimension, all available in an easily-navigable format
- Written by renowned French scholar, Glanville Price