Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails: From the Alamagoozlum to the Zombie 100 Rediscovered Recipes and the Stories Behind Them [EPUB]
25 September 2017, 06:32
2009 | EPUB + PDF | ISBN: 9781592535613 | 51.81/20.34MB
In this expanded and updated edition of Forgotten Cocktails and Vintage Spirits, historian, expert, and drink aficionado Dr. Cocktail adds another 20 fine recipes to his hand-picked collection of 80 rare-and-worth-rediscovered drink recipes, shares revelations about the latest cocktail trends, provides new resources for uncommon ingredients, and profiles of many of the cocktail world's movers and shakers. Historic facts, expanded anecdotes, and full-color vintage images from extremely uncommon sources round out this must-have volume. For anyone who enjoys an icy drink and an unforgettable tale.
25 Essentials: Techniques for Smoking: Every Technique Paired with a Recipe [EPUB]
24 September 2017, 05:32
2017 | EPUB + PDF | ISBN: 9781558328785 | 22.11/25.51MB
With this guide, you'll be smoking ribs in no time!
If you've just purchased or received a new smoker or grill and want to expand your talents, 25 Essentials: Techniques for Smoking is just what you need.
Among the nitty-gritty techniques featured are "Slow-Smoking Ribs," "Basting and Smoking Meat," "Smoking Whole Vegetables," "Mopping," and "Brining."
Each technique is paired with a recipe, and each recipe-technique pairing has at least one color photo. The lay-flat PLC binding lets you take the book outside with you and use grill-side or on top of a patio table.
The Picky Eater Project: 6 Weeks to Happier, Healthier Family Mealtimes [EPUB]
24 September 2017, 00:18
2017 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781581109818 | 21.18MB
The Picky Eater Project: 6 Weeks to Happier, Healthier Family Mealtimes is a one-of-a-kind book that can transform even the most finicky eaters into fledgling foodies. Focusing on kids' participation, interactive strategies, kitchen experiments, and delicious kid-friendly recipes, the book is based on a six-week plan that makes shopping and cooking fun. Weekly themes and goals include
- Week 1 - Picky-Free Parenting: Setting the stage to help your child choose a wider variety of healthful food with key parenting strategies
- Week 2 - A Kitchen Revolution: Shaping your child's taste preferences away from bland, white and processed towards flavorful, robust, and more adventurous by changing the way you purchase, arrange, and prepare foods.
- Week 3 - The Little Chef: Getting your child into the kitchen - early and often - to encourage him or her to try new foods.
- Week 4 - A Shopping Adventure: Making grocery shopping and meal planning with your child more of an adventure than a chore.
- Week 5 - Family Mini-Feast: Recognizing the value of family meals and setting them up to fit your lifestyle while progressing in your pursuit of undoing picky eating.
- Week 6 - It Takes a Village: Enlisting spouses, partners, grandparents, siblings, and friends to help undo picky eating and influence more adventurous choices.
- Post-Picky Eater Project Week - Making It Stick-y: Planning for challenges and barriers, and putting contingency plans into action for lasting impact.
Six weeks will fly by before you know it! You and your junior chef will have an amazing time working together to make
- Layered Yogurt Parfaits
- Corn Pancakes
- Mix and Match Smoothies
- Beanie Cheeseburgers
- (Almost) Any Vegetable Soup
- And many more fun and healthy recipes!
Written by Natalie Digate Muth, a pediatrician and dietician, and Sally Sampson, cookbook author and founder of ChopChop, a food magazine for kids and their families, The Picky Eater Project addresses both the importance of healthy childhood nutrition and family harmony. It offers tips and troubleshooting, recognizing that it takes planning and perseverance to make behavior changes stick, but that it can happen.
Start your picky eater project today - your kids will love it, and you'll see real changes in their eating habits!