Mr. Wilkinson's Fall and Winter Vegetables [EPUB]
09 December 2013, 10:47
2013 | EPUB | 12.55MB
This lush, creative cookbook celebrates the flavor and versatility of vegetables by bringing them to the center of the table in more than 80 delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes.
Too many of us let vegetables play second fiddle in meals that center on protein or carbs. For chef Matt Wilkinson, vegetables come first. He builds his dishes around vegetables that are in season, when they taste the best, are most affordable, and most readily available.
The recipes in Mr. Wilkinson's Vegetables range from simple salads such as Brussels Sprout Leaves, Mozzarella, and Anchovies, or Roasted Cucumber, Quinoa, Freekah, and Herbs, to hearty dishes such as Soft Parmesan Polenta with Crab and Mussels, or Braised Eggplant, Tomato, and Meatballs. They also include satisfying snacks like Irene's Tzatziki, or Smoked Tomato and Goat's Curd Gougeres, as well as desserts, such as Carrot Cake with Grated Carrot, Preserved Lemon, Raisin, and Ginger Pickle, or Creamed Rice Pudding. While many of the 80 plus dishes will appeal to vegetarians, there are plenty that incorporate meat. In all of them, Mr. Wilkinson's vegetables are the stars.
With beautiful photography and vintage illustrations, the book is both timely and timeless.
Holiday Slow Cooker [EPUB]
09 December 2013, 10:42
2012 | EPUB + MOBI | 2.57/2.42MB
Jonnie Downing's impressive debut, Holiday Slow Cooker, is for anyone who wants to glean a little more from the humble slow cooker. First of all, the cookbook impresses with its variety of recipes. Downing has assembled a smorgasbord of appetizers, entrees, and desserts from a cornucopia of cuisines -- everything from Irish corned beef and cabbage to Mexican flan to German sauerkraut to a French-inspired squash bisque. Even non-foodies can enjoy browsing this surprising collection. With every turn of the page, readers will wonder, "Wow, you can make THAT in a slow cooker?"
The book is also thoughtfully designed with chefs in mind, boasting a slick, heavy cover to resist the inevitable spills. There's a stay-open spine, which ensures that cooks can concentrate on recipes instead of holding their place on the page. The cover also features front and back flaps that serve as built-in bookmarks. Inside, the glossy pages are easy to read, with lots of enticing color photographs.
Finally, the prettiest, most diverse, cookbook is worthless without clear, appetizing, easy-to-follow recipes. Here, Downing does not disappoint. Organized according to holiday, all 87 recipes are well-written, each with a list of ingredients and clear, step-by-step, instructions. Slow-cooker novices and experts will want to read the insightful introduction, which features a good discussion of the types and sizes of slow cookers, along with recommendations for getting the best results from the book.
With clear directions, thoughtful design, and an assortment of recipes, Jonnie Downing's Holiday Slow Cooker elevates the modest slow cooker from home cooking to haute cuisine. After trying all of these tantalizing recipes, slow-cooker converts will no doubt await Downing's next collection with their temperature knobs set on high.
Taste of Home Christmas [EPUB]
09 December 2013, 10:33
2013 | EPUB | 18.47MB
Let Taste of Home help you plan your holiday parties and menus with this idea-packed cookbook. There are wonderful appetizers and beverages, company-worthy entrees, delectable breads, an array of sides and best of all dazzling, divine sweets—cookies, candies, cakes, pies and more. Included is classic fare, as well as updated twists on old-time favorites.
- Festive Appetizers & Beverages
- Holiday Parties
- Joyful Brunches
- Christmas Dinner Menus
- Merry Entrees
- Jolly Sides
- Glorious Breads
- Yuletide Cookies
- Heavenly Desserts
- Candy Sampler
- Special Gifts of Food
- Thanksgiving Gathering
- Caramel Cashew Clusters
- Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
- Apple Cider-Glazed Ham
- Cheese-Topped Roasted Vegetables
- Colorful Gazpacho Salad
- Herb-Crusted Prime Rib
- Old English Trifle
- Raspberry Lemon Cake
- Yorkshire Pudding with Bacon and Sage
- Asiago Chicken Spread
- Calzone Pinwheels
- Cherry-Brandy Baked Brie
- Hot Spiced Wine
- Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
- Warm Pomegranate Punch
- Cranberry-Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- Orange Pear Jam
- Cracked Pepper Cheddar Muffins
- Rustic Pumpkin Bread
- Almond Pistachio Baklava
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Frozen Peppermint Delight
- Holiday Walnut Torte
- Au Gratin Potatoes ’n’ Leeks
- Carrot Cake Doughnuts
- Overnight Raisin French Toast
- Golden Roasted Turkey
- Maple-Oat Dinner Rolls
- Sausage Raisin Dressing
- Brown Sugar Cutouts
- Cherry Kisses
- Cranberry Shortbread Bars
- Dark Chocolate Butterscotch Brownies
- Raspberry Sandwich Spritz
7 WINTER PARTIES
The seven winter parties will be organized into 7 themes, with menus and holiday entertaining ideas (e.g. A snowflake invitation) for each.
Festive Open House
- During the busy holiday season, it can be challenging to pick a time and date to get-together with all you friends. An open house allows people to stop by during the day when it’s convenient for them. Let your open house go for 4 to 6 hours and you're sure to enjoy a casual time.
- Recipes include Roast Beef and Pear Crostini, Apricot Chicken Wings, Grape Juice Sparkler, and Warm Spiced Nuts.
- Bring on the bubbly! A spirited evening of festive cocktails and bite-size appetizers awaits. Set up the bar with cranberry mixers and deck the buffet with shrimp and crostini, it’s time to mingle and be jolly with old friends and new.
- Recipes include Fast Coconut Shrimp, Goat Cheese-Pesto Crostini, Bubbly Cranberry Mixer, and Orange Razzletini.
- Welcome friends and family inside for a post-caroling meal. This make-ahead feast will be ready to greet you from the cold.
- Recipes include slow-cooked Round-Up Chili, slow-cooked Tuscan Pork Stew, Rosemary Garlic Focaccia, and Truffle Hot Chocolate
Holiday Movie Night
- Coming to a living room near you, Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Story, and more. Gather the gang, pass the pizza and cuddle up with a batch of chocolaty fudge cups for screenings of your favorite holiday classics.
- Recipes include: Pizza Rusticana, Tijuana Tidbits, and Coconut-Almond Fudge Cups.
- No matter how cold it is outside, a hot cup of Chai or a tangy cranberry tea makes it easy to enjoy the warmth of the season. Guests will be served platters of tea sandwiches and petite pastries, as well as poppy seed scones and Vienna Triangles to add a traditional touch to a memorable and merry tea party.
- Recipes include Vanilla Chai Tea, Petite Apricot Pastries, and Turkey, Gouda & Apple Tea Sandwiches.
Let It Snow Celebration
- If the flurry of holiday duties has you flustered, and the snow’s a fallin’, call up some friends for an afternoon of skiing, sledding, snowshoeing and ice skating. Afterwards, warm your bellies with some hearty fare.
- Recipes include Shredded Pork Sandwiches, Slow-Cooked Applesauce, and Snowmen Cookies.
Lunch with Friends
- Let’s do lunch! Because there's no better time to show your appreciation for your closet chums than during the holiday season. You can offer a delicious soup, salad and sandwich with a sophisticated holiday twist.
- Recipes include: Roasted Red Pepper Bisque, Spinach Festival Salad, and Grilled Cheese Supreme.