25 Essentials: Techniques for Smoking: Every Technique Paired with a Recipe [EPUB]
24 September 2017, 05:32
2017 | EPUB + PDF | ISBN: 9781558328785 | 22.11/25.51MB
With this guide, you'll be smoking ribs in no time!
If you've just purchased or received a new smoker or grill and want to expand your talents, 25 Essentials: Techniques for Smoking is just what you need.
Among the nitty-gritty techniques featured are "Slow-Smoking Ribs," "Basting and Smoking Meat," "Smoking Whole Vegetables," "Mopping," and "Brining."
Each technique is paired with a recipe, and each recipe-technique pairing has at least one color photo. The lay-flat PLC binding lets you take the book outside with you and use grill-side or on top of a patio table.
The Picky Eater Project: 6 Weeks to Happier, Healthier Family Mealtimes [EPUB]
24 September 2017, 00:18
2017 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781581109818 | 21.18MB
The Picky Eater Project: 6 Weeks to Happier, Healthier Family Mealtimes is a one-of-a-kind book that can transform even the most finicky eaters into fledgling foodies. Focusing on kids' participation, interactive strategies, kitchen experiments, and delicious kid-friendly recipes, the book is based on a six-week plan that makes shopping and cooking fun. Weekly themes and goals include
- Week 1 - Picky-Free Parenting: Setting the stage to help your child choose a wider variety of healthful food with key parenting strategies
- Week 2 - A Kitchen Revolution: Shaping your child's taste preferences away from bland, white and processed towards flavorful, robust, and more adventurous by changing the way you purchase, arrange, and prepare foods.
- Week 3 - The Little Chef: Getting your child into the kitchen - early and often - to encourage him or her to try new foods.
- Week 4 - A Shopping Adventure: Making grocery shopping and meal planning with your child more of an adventure than a chore.
- Week 5 - Family Mini-Feast: Recognizing the value of family meals and setting them up to fit your lifestyle while progressing in your pursuit of undoing picky eating.
- Week 6 - It Takes a Village: Enlisting spouses, partners, grandparents, siblings, and friends to help undo picky eating and influence more adventurous choices.
- Post-Picky Eater Project Week - Making It Stick-y: Planning for challenges and barriers, and putting contingency plans into action for lasting impact.
Six weeks will fly by before you know it! You and your junior chef will have an amazing time working together to make
- Layered Yogurt Parfaits
- Corn Pancakes
- Mix and Match Smoothies
- Beanie Cheeseburgers
- (Almost) Any Vegetable Soup
- And many more fun and healthy recipes!
Written by Natalie Digate Muth, a pediatrician and dietician, and Sally Sampson, cookbook author and founder of ChopChop, a food magazine for kids and their families, The Picky Eater Project addresses both the importance of healthy childhood nutrition and family harmony. It offers tips and troubleshooting, recognizing that it takes planning and perseverance to make behavior changes stick, but that it can happen.
Start your picky eater project today - your kids will love it, and you'll see real changes in their eating habits!
Ferment: A Practical Guide to the Ancient Art of Making Cultured Foods [EPUB]
24 September 2017, 00:00
2017 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781743368671 | 32.83MB
What does your favourite farmhouse cheese have in common with crusty sourdough bread, a glass of sparkling ginger beer or a bowl of marinated olives? The answer is each is a product of fermentation, a process that harnesses good bacteria in order to preserve ingredients and transform them into uniquely delicious foods with remarkable health benefits.
Thanks to an increasing awareness of the crucial role probiotic-rich foods play in our wellbeing, the ancient art of fermentation is experiencing a renaissance. Add to this the joy, ease and economy of making fermented foods at home, and it's no wonder we are scrunching, pickling and bottling our way to better gut health and a deeper connection with our food.
With this extensive collection, wholefood pioneer Holly Davis shares familiar and lesser-known recipes, as well as the wisdom and experience accumulated over 40 years of teaching fermentation techniques around the world. Her gentle and thorough guidance guarantees you will find a place in your home for one or more ferments that make your heart and stomach sing.