12 Disciplines of Leadership Excellence [EPUB]
28 December 2013, 15:47
2013 | EPUB + MOBI | 0.87/1.31MB
Master the 12 disciplines of powerful leadership and lead your organization to greatness.
We've all heard the phrase "born leader." Leadership experts Brian Tracy and Dr. Peter Chee are here to debunk the myth that you either have it or you don't. That leadership is a talent bestowed on some and not on others. That in order to lead effectively, you have to have it in your genes.
The authors assert that great leaders are made, not born. Everyone has the ability to shape himself or herself into the kind of person who enables and uplifts others to reach their highest potential—and in 12 Disciplines of Leadership Excellence, they reveal exactly how to achieve it.
It all starts with discipline. In this groundbreaking book, the authors break down great leadership into 12 disciplines, including:
- Clarity... about who you are, where you are going, and how to get there
- Control... build and bolster your sense of personal responsibility and self-mastery
- Character... dedicate yourself to passionately build trust with honesty and integrity
- Competence... commit to constant never-ending improvement and learning
- Caring... because when you care, your people care in building great working relationships
- Courage... moving out of your comfort zone to embrace change and make tough decisions
One at a time. Don't try to take on too much at once. Choose a discipline and live it until it becomes a habit of excellence. Then move to the next one. It will take time—but all life-improving endeavors do.
Read this practical, inspirational guide and every day you will take one more step to becoming a highly effective leader.
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator [EPUB]
28 December 2013, 15:45
2009 | EPUB + MOBI | 9.02/8.29MB
With new commentary and Insights on the life and times of Jesse Livermore
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator is the fictionalized biography of perhaps the most famous financial speculator of all time-Jesse Livermore. This annotated edition bridges the gap between Edwin Lefevre's fictionalized account of Livermore's life and the actual, historical events, places, and people that populate the book. It also describes the variety of trading approaches Livermore used throughout his life and analyzes his psychological development as a trader and the lessons gained through hard experiences.
- Analyzes legendary trader Jesse Livermore's strategies and explains how they can be used in today's markets
- Provides factual details regarding the actual companies Livermore traded in and the people who helped/hindered him along the way
- Explains the structure and mechanics of the Livermore-era markets, including the bucket shops and the commodity exchanges
- Includes more than 100 pages of new material
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator has endured over 70 years because traders and investors continue to find lessons from Livermore's experiences that they can apply to their own trading. This annotated edition will continue the trend.
Challenging Beliefs: Memoirs of a Career [EPUB]
28 December 2013, 15:43
2012 | EPUB | 3.49MB
Tim Noakes is the world's leading authority on the science behind sport. Through a lifetime of research, he has developed key scientific concepts in sport that have not only redefined the way elite athletes and teams approach their professions, but challenged conventional global thinking in these areas.
In Challenging Beliefs: Memoirs of a Career Noakes gives his views on everything from overtraining, banned substances and the dangers of rugby to the sports-drink industry, and children and sport, debunking a few sporting myths in the process. Stories and case studies of the teams and athletes with whom he has worked are also included. In providing an intimate look at the golden threads running through Noakes's life and career, this truly fascinating book reveals the groundbreaking theories and principles generated by one of the greatest minds in the history of sports science.
Coaching for Breakthrough Success [EPUB]
28 December 2013, 11:42
2013 | EPUB | 2.34MB
A powerful new coaching method from Chicken Soup for the Soul co-creator Jack Canfield!
That’s the premise behind this brilliant empowering guide from Jack Canfield, coauthor of the 125 million-copy-selling Chicken Soup for the Soul series, and legendary global leadership development guru and CEO Dr. Peter Chee.
Combining time-tested principles of exemplary coaches with the latest disruptive techniques used by the world’s top performing leaders, this step-by-step playbook shows you how to nurture—in yourself and others—the three essential requirements of coaching excellence:
- HEART: The Coaching Principles (TCP) unveils the secret to life impacting values, beliefs, and philosophies that permeate all aspects of great coaching.
- MIND: The Situational Coaching Model (SCM) unleashes the genius of a coach to apply the right combination of crucial paradigms in any given coaching challenge.
- ENERGY: The Achievers Coaching Techniques (ACT) equips you with proven methods that enable you to deliver breakthrough results in coaching.
Coaching for Breakthrough Success is packed with stirring personal stories, life changing case studies, crucial coaching conversations, exemplary coaching questions, and ready-touse tools that equip you to achieve professional mastery in coaching.
This practical manual guides you through the top 30 principles every coach needs to succeed. You’ll learn the six paradigms of Situational Coaching, the ultimate power of Achievers Coaching Techniques, and the tried-and-true secret to making impossible dreams possible.
All you need to lead your team to victory is heart, mind, energy—and Coaching for Breakthrough Success.
Trading Options Greeks, 2nd Edition [EPUB]
28 December 2013, 11:40
2012 | EPUB | 2.77MB
A top options trader details a practical approach for pricing and trading options in any market condition.
The options market is always changing, and in order to keep up with it you need the greeks—delta, gamma, theta, vega, and rho—which are the best techniques for valuing options and executing trades regardless of market conditions. In the Second Edition of Trading Options Greeks, veteran options trader Dan Pasarelli puts these tools in perspective by offering fresh insights on option trading and valuation.
An essential guide for both professional and aspiring traders, this book explains the greeks in a straightforward and accessible style. It skillfully shows how they can be used to facilitate trading strategies that seek to profit from volatility, time decay, or changes in interest rates. Along the way, it makes use of new charts and examples, and discusses how the proper application of the greeks can lead to more accurate pricing and trading as well as alert you to a range of other opportunities.
- Completely updated with new material
- Information on spreads, put-call parity and synthetic options, trading volatility, and advanced option trading is also included
- Explores how to exploit the dynamics of option pricing to improve your trading
Having a comprehensive understanding of the greeks is essential to long-term options trading success. Trading Options Greeks, Second Edition shows you how to use the greeks to find better trades, effectively manage them, and ultimately, become more profitable.
Volatility Trading, 2nd Edition [EPUB]
28 December 2013, 11:38
2013 | EPUB | 3.13MB
Volatility, by definition, is indicative of underlying randomness. But there are patterns within the noise that can be measured and exploited. No one knows this better than author Euan Sinclair, a highly successful options trader with a doctorate in quantum chaos.
But the Second Edition of Volality Trading isn't just about the numbers. Drawing upon his fifteen years as a professional trader, Sinclair provides a fully fleshed-out approach to trading that relies as much on the all-important "human element" and the psychological and emotional biases that drive trading decisions, as it does on quantitative analysis.
Ultimately, says Sinclair, trading is about having a coherent trading philosophy and developing a rigorous system. It's about setting a goal that can be clearly expressed in one sentence, and about finding trades with a clear statistical edge. And, finally, it's about capturing that edge and sizing each trade in a way that is consistent with your goal. Everything you do as a trader must be done within this framework.
Taking an accessible, straightforward approach, Sinclair provides you with the knowledge and tools you need to create just such a framework. He walks you through the basics of option pricing, volatility measurement, hedging, money management, and performance evaluation. And he develops a Black-Scholes-Merton-based quantitative model for measuring volatility that can easily can be adapted to trading virtually any type of financial instrument.
Responding to major changes in the markets since the first edition, Sinclair has expanded his scope in this Second Edition to include coverage of the many new opportunities available in VIX futures, ETNs, and leveraged ETFs. He also:
- Analyzes the benefits and shortcomings of an array of historical volatility measurements
- Clearly shows how volatility behaves in the real world and how it relates to returns on underlying assets
- Outlines methods for forecasting volatility over the lifetime of a trade
- Supplies proven techniques for knowing when to hedge and by how much
- Delivers strategies for aggregating positions so as to reduce the need to hedge
- Shares priceless tips on how to boost returns through trade sizing—including techniques borrowed from the worlds of futures trading and professional gambling
- Arms you with powerful tools for evaluating the ongoing performance of your trading activity
- Fills you in on the latest research on cognitive and emotional biases that influence trading decisions and how to leverage them to your advantage
- Delineates time-tested strategies for trading VIX futures, ETNs, and leveraged ETFs
- Provides access to a companion website containing valuable spreadsheets, models for calculating volatility cones for different time periods, and simulation engines
Bringing volatility trading down to earth for even the most numbers-shy traders, as well as hard-nosed quants interested in acquiring a deeper understanding of options trading, Volatility Trading, Second Edition is an indispensable "tool of the trade."
Technical Analysis, 2nd Edition [MOBI]
28 December 2013, 11:36
2010 | MOBI | 10.03MB
Technical Analysis is the primary book on the subject suitable for full-length courses taken to achieve the Chartered Market Technician (CMT) designation and series 86 exam exemption.
Already the field’s most comprehensive and reliable guidebook, Technical Analysis, Second Edition, has been fully updated to reflect the latest advances. Selected by the Market Technicians Association as the principal textbook for its prestigious Chartered Market Technician (CMT) program, this book systematically and objectively introduces the entire discipline.
Using hundreds of updated illustrations, the authors show how to analyze both markets and individual issues and present complete investment systems and portfolio plans. Readers learn how to use tested sentiment, momentum indicators, seasonal effects, flow of funds, and many other key techniques. Drawing on current research, the authors reveal which chart patterns and indicators remain the most reliable, demonstrate how to test systems, and show how to use technical analysis to mitigate risk.
This edition covers recent advances in pattern recognition, market analysis, systems management, and other areas. It introduces new confidence tests; innovations in exit stops, portfolio selection, and testing; and the implications of behavioral bias for technical analysis. The authors also reassess classic methods such as intermarket relationships and measurements of market strength, identifying pitfalls that have emerged in recent years.
- A coherent, updated treatment of the entire fieldCurrent principles, tools, techniques, and applications for both practitioners and students
- Does technical analysis really work?The history of technical analysis and the latest assessments of its value
- Identify specific investment opportunities and emerging trendsUncover promising securities, markets, shifts, and breakouts--and test your insights
- Take advantage of the latest techniques and researchApply recent innovations, as well as new insights into classic methods
Pathway to Prosperity [EPUB]
27 December 2013, 17:52
2013 | EPUB | 1.48MB
An inspiring guide to getting off the road to more debt and financial insecurity and on the road to wealth and financial freedom.
You can take charge of your financial future. You can reduce your debt, increase your net worth and enjoy a life of prosperity. You can stop struggling, doing things the way you've always have, and embark on a new pathway to wealth. So what's stopping you? According to bestselling motivational author and wealth building advisor, Pat Mesiti, it's all about identifying what's wrong with the way you think and feel about money and the path they've put you on. And it's about creating a new, more prosperous path for yourself.
- Provides you with the tools you need to create your own roadmap to greater wealth and financial security
- Gives you priceless insights into your wealth-defeating mindset and how to stop repeating the same mistakes and start building wealth by design—not by chance
- Offers proven prescriptions for digging your way out of the debt-heavy financial rut you're in so you can start building wealth right away
- Features numerous inspiring case studies of Mesiti clients and mentees who found financial freedom following his "shift your mind, touch your heart" approach to wealth
The Debt-Free Spending Plan [EPUB]
27 December 2013, 17:28
2013 | EPUB + MOBI | 0.56/0.89MB
Anyone suffering under the crushing weight of debt knows how impossible it can seem to find a way out. It’s overwhelming—and the more complicated the proposed solution, the harder it is to stick with it.
That’s why The Debt-Free Spending Plan is SIMPLE. It doesn’t require sifting through chapters of high-minded financial advice or digging up your past spend ing history. It assumes you need help RIGHT NOW, and gives it to you. You will learn to:
- Downsize expenses without feeling deprived
- Allocate money as it comes in and put together an easy-to-manage bill-paying plan
- Adjust for inevitable overspend ing
- Pay off debt without gouging expenses and (believe it or not) start saving
The plan is clear, easy, and takes just five minutes a day—and it doesn’t matter if you make $14,000 or $14 million. With straightforward daily spending strategies and effortless expense tracking tools, you will soon find yourself on the road to financial freedom—all before the next billing cycle.
17 Proven Currency Trading Strategies [EPUB]
27 December 2013, 17:27
2013 | EPUB + MOBI | 10.68/14.34MB
With an average of $4.3 trillion exchanged per day, the Foreign Exchange (Forex) market is the largest and the most actively traded market in the world. Countless money-making opportunities abound in the Forex market every day for savvy traders equipped with the right knowledge and tools. But how does an amateur investor take advantage of these opportunities to earn high returns? This book provides a comprehensive solution to this question by arming you with the same knowledge and tools that these savvy Forex traders have.
Written by Mario Singh, head of the prestigious FX1 Academy, the largest Forex education firm in the Far East, 17 Proven Currency Trading Strategies is a plain-English guide designed for anyone—from beginners to professionals, and everyone in between—looking to quickly master the knowledge and skills needed to win big in the booming Forex market.
Following the first section that explains in plain English—what is Forex trading, how money is made in the Forex "game", the six major players involved, and the importance of knowing one's Trader Profile—the second section focuses on specific and practical guidance, which includes:
- A "Trader Profile Test" to help the reader get a clear picture of his natural trading style and which of five trading profiles he belongs to (Scalper, Day Trader, Swing Trader, Position Trader, or Mechanical Trader)
- 17 proven trading strategies (between 2 to 5 strategies for each trader profile) for the reader to immediately start cashing in on the Forex market
- Descriptions of an array of real-world trading scenarios, with tips on how to address them
- A section that shows the reader how to custom-tailor a trading system designed for his sensibilities and risk tolerance
- Forex hedging strategies for finance professionals at multinational corporations
- And much more
Short on theory and long on practical insights and step-by-step guidance, 17 Proven Currency Trading Strategies is an indispensable working resource for investors and traders of every classification—from retail investors and fund managers, to portfolio managers and institutional investors—looking to expand their trading horizons and win big in the Forex game.
And, whether you're a recent college grad or a baby boomer preparing to retire; a middle manager or business owner; or looking for a reliable second income stream, this book can help you to achieve the financial independence you want and deserve by trading the Forex market, no matter what your life stage, income bracket, or professional standing.