Idiot's Guides: Beginning Investing [EPUB]
27 November 2016, 22:56
2016 | EPUB | 1.8MB
For a beginner, investing can be an overwhelming and intimidating topic, and finding which investment options are right for you is an almost impossible task. Idiot's Guides: Beginning Investing helps the new investor understand all of the most common investment options, how to choose the right ones for your needs and goals, and how to increase your chances for success. This book covers:
- Self-assessment tools that help readers understand their own personal risk tolerance and choose the investment strategies that fit their needs.
- Basics on the each investment type, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate, and more, with primers on each investment type, the basics on how to invest with each option, and how to improve chances for success.
- The dos and don'ts of real estate investing, including what to pursue, and what to avoid when it comes to real estate.
- Simple strategies for investing in the bond market
- Tips and tricks for investing in stocks, including which types of stocks to avoid and which types to buy
- How to protect assets and invest using time-tested and sensible techniques
- Setting goals and investing for college, retirement, luxury purchases, and other common financial goals
- Managing investments and personal portfolios for both short term and long term gains
Building the Internet of Things: Implement New Business Models, Disrupt Competitors, Transform Your Industry [EPUB]
27 November 2016, 22:50
2016 | EPUB | 4.05MB
Connect your organization to the Internet of Things with solid strategy and a proven implementation plan
Building Internet of Things provides front-line business decision makers with a practical handbook for capitalizing on this latest transformation. Focusing on the business implications of Internet of Things (IoT), this book describes the sheer impact, spread, and opportunities arising every day, and how business leaders can implement IoT today to realize tangible business advantages. The discussion delves into IoT from a business, strategy and organizational standpoint, and includes use-cases that illustrate the ripple effect that this latest disruption brings; you'll learn how to fashion a viable IoT plan that works with your organization's strategy and direction, and how to implement that strategy successfully by integrating IoT into your organization tomorrow.
For business managers, the biggest question surrounding the Internet of Things is what to do with it. This book examines the way IoT is being used today—and will be used in the future—to help you craft a robust plan for your organization.
- Grasp the depth and breadth of the Internet of Things
- Create a secure IoT recipe that aligns with your company's strategy
- Capitalize on advances while avoiding disruption from others
- Leverage the technical, organizational, and social impact of IoT
In the past five years, the Internet of Things has become the new frontier of technology that has everyone talking. It seems that almost every week a major vendor announces a new IoT strategy or division; is your company missing the boat? Learn where IoT fits into your organization, and how to turn disruption into profit with the expert guidance in Building the Internet of Things.
Fit for Growth: A Guide to Strategic Cost Cutting, Restructuring, and Renewal [EPUB]
27 November 2016, 22:46
2016 | EPUB | 3.1MB
A practical approach to business transformation
Fit for Growth is a unique approach to business transformation that explicitly connects growth strategy with cost management and organization restructuring. Drawing on 70-plus years of strategy consulting experience and in-depth research, the experts at PwC’s Strategy& lay out a winning framework that helps CEOs and senior executives transform their organizations for sustainable, profitable growth. This approach gives structure to strategy while promoting lasting change. Examples from Strategy&’s hundreds of clients illustrate successful transformation on the ground, and illuminate how senior and middle managers are able to take ownership and even thrive during difficult periods of transition. Throughout the Fit for Growth process, the focus is on maintaining consistent high-value performance while enabling fundamental change.
Strategy& has helped major clients around the globe achieve significant and sustained results with its research-backed approach to restructuring and cost reduction. This book provides practical guidance for leveraging that expertise to make the choices that allow companies to:
- Achieve growth while reducing costs
- Manage transformation and transition productively
- Create lasting competitive advantage
- Deliver reliable, high-value performance
Sustainable success is founded on efficiency and high performance. Companies are always looking to do more with less, but their efforts often work against them in the long run. Total business transformation requires total buy-in, and it entails a series of decisions that must not be made lightly. The Fit for Growth approach provides a clear strategy and practical framework for growth-oriented change, with expert guidance on getting it right.