From Failure to Success: Everyday Habits and Exercises to Build Mental Resilience and Turn Failures Into Successes [EPUB]
21 October 2017, 01:49
2017 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781976283314 | 0.37MB
Discover Everyday Habits and Exercises to Overcome Failure and Achieve Success
How many times did you fail and gave up out of frustration or discouragement? How often does failure ruin your resolve and send you back to square one, only to fail over and over again, with little hope anything will ever change?
Written by bestselling author Martin Meadows, From Failure to Success: Everyday Habits and Exercises to Build Mental Resilience and Turn Failures Into Successes reveals what failure really is and how to deal with it in a constructive way that will help you achieve success.
The author has suffered through multiple failures in his own life. He spent several years launching one failing business after another. He struggled to change his physique, despite doing all the right things as preached by the experts. For a long time, his social life barely existed because he struggled with crippling shyness. In the book, he shares his vast experience of how he turned failure into a friend and finally achieved the success he had failed to reach for years.
Here's just a taste of what you'll learn from the book:
- A different way of thinking about failure. Applying this mental shift will change your perception of what failure and success are and fine-tune your brain to automatically convert obstacles into wins.
- 7 types of failure and how to handle them - including failure due to self-sabotage, fear, unrealistic expectations, self-licensing, and more. Each chapter talks about a different source of failure and comes with tips on how to overcome it and prevent it in the future, along with valuable exercises you can perform to better understand the discussed concepts.
- 5 rules and exercises to develop and maintain a success-friendly mindset. Discover 5 principles the author follows in his life to ensure that even with failures, he will eventually reach success with every goal to which he sets his mind.
- A 5-step process to cope with failure and bounce back. If you're struggling to recover from failure, this strategy will offer you step-by-step instructions on how to process the failure and restart your efforts.
- 3 master strategies to build strength to keep going. Discover three fundamental techniques that will help you build mental resilience and determination.
- 4 reasons to give up. Contrary to what many self-help authors say, sometimes it's better to give up than keep trying. Learn when and why it's better to drop your objective and dedicate your resources to another goal.
- 10 empowering stories of people who faced insurmountable obstacles, yet turned their struggles into immense successes. Learn from real-world examples from all walks of life.
Failure is a fact of life. You can get angry at it or befriend it and use it as a tool to change your life. The choice is yours. If you'd rather take the constructive approach so you can eventually win, buy the book now, study it, and apply the teachings in your own life. You, too, can develop mental resilience and turn failures into successes!
Grow Wherever You Work: Straight Talk to Help with Your Toughest Challenge [EPUB]
21 October 2017, 01:46
2017 | EPUB | ISBN: 9781260026467 | 1.56MB
Powerful, unvarnished advice for growing through the work challenges all aspiring leaders face
The business world is full of catchphrases: follow your passion; think positive; be authentic; suck it up; take risks; network. All well-intentioned, but let’s be honest. This inch-deep advice just isn’t very helpful. How do real people succeed in the real world of work? That’s the question bestselling author Joanna Barsh sets out to answer―not by asking motivational gurus or well-established CEOs but by diving into the trenches with today’s boldest, brightest, up-and-coming leaders.
Distilling the stories of important work challenges from more than 200 rising leaders in 120 companies, this hands-on guide helps you grow through the challenges you face―not despite them. You’ll learn how to:
- Handle rising pressure and recover from colossal mistakes
- Bounce back from poor performance reviews and use them to up your game
- Get people on board with you and your mission
- Deal with office villains like a superhero
- Take uncomfortable risks and dare to challenge
- Grow when everything is falling apart around you
- Know when it’s time to find another position
Packed with raw experiences and on-the-job coping strategies from a rich diversity of voices―immigrants and first-generation Americans; blacks, Hispanics, and Asians; Ivy League alums and high school grads; and parents, some of whom are single―from all industries, this book offers the kind of nuts-and-bolts, real-world insights you won’t find anywhere else. Using these proven strategies, you can accelerate your growth with every new challenge. Best of all, you’ll be able to take the lead in your own career and build a future that works for you.
This is how ordinary people turn challenges into extraordinary opportunities for action―and how you can Grow Wherever You Work.
PEAK: How Great Companies Get Their Mojo from Maslow (Revised and Updated) [PDF]
21 October 2017, 01:42
2017 | PDF | ISBN: 9781119434924 | 4.79MB
Proven principles for sustainable success, with new leadership insight
PEAK is the popular, transformative guide to doing business better, written by a seasoned entrepreneur/CEO who has disrupted his favorite industry not once, but twice. Author Chip Conley, founder and former CEO of one of the world’s largest boutique hotel companies, turned to psychologist Abraham Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs at a time when his company was in dire need. And years later, when the young founders of Airbnb asked him to help turn their start-up home sharing company into a world-class hospitality giant, Conley once again used the principles he’d developed in PEAK. In the decade since this book's first edition, Conley's PEAK strategy has been developed on six continents in organizations in virtually every industry. The author’s foundational premise is that great leaders become amateur psychologists by understanding the unique needs of three key relationships—with employees, customers, and investors—and this message has resonated with every kind of leader and company including some of the world’s best-known, from Apple to Facebook. Avid users of PEAK have found that the principles create greater loyalty and differentiation with their key stakeholders. This new second edition includes in-depth examples of real-world PEAK companies, including the author’s own at Airbnb, and exclusive PEAK leadership practices that will take you—and your company's performance—to new heights.
Whether you're at a startup or a Fortune 500 company, at a for-profit, nonprofit, or governmental organization, this book can help you and your people reach potential you never realized you had.
- Understand how Maslow's hierarchy makes for winning business practices
- Learn how PEAK drove some of today's top businesses to success
- Help employees reach their full potential—and beyond
- Transform the customer experience and keep investors happy
The PEAK framework succeeds because it elevates the business from the inside out. These same principles apply in the boardroom, the breakroom, and your living room at home, and have proven to be the foundation of healthy, fulfilled lives. Even if you think you're doing great, you could always be doing better—and PEAK gives you a roadmap to the next level.