Breaking Money Silence: How to Shatter Money Taboos, Talk More Openly about Finances, and Live a Richer Life [EPUB]
08 February 2018, 09:27
2017 | EPUB | 1.95MB
Anyone concerned about finances―and that's just about everyone―will welcome this step-by-step guide to opening up about a difficult subject. It offers a strategy that can save money, improve relationships, and help people raise fiscally responsible children.
- Discusses the societal, familial, and personal roadblocks that make talking about money and finance challenging
- Explores gender differences when it comes to talking about money and how "money silence" contributes to the wage gap for women
- Reveals the cost of living in "money silence," including how it contributes to the high U.S. divorce rate, how it inhibits the ability of some parents to raise financially literate and responsible children, and how it stops families from successfully passing on wealth
- Identifies common money myths that fuel financial misunderstandings and mistakes, and offers tools for uncovering these fallacies
- Shows how the financial advising industry has colluded with the idea that men and women don't need to talk about family finances as a couple―and how advisors can advocate for change
- Shares practical, easy-to-implement tips and tools for talking about money with partners, parents, siblings, children, and employers/employees
- Offers a "Money Talk Challenge" coaching exercise at the end of each chapter, with a special section on how advisors can use these tools with clients
Cryptocurrencies simply explained [AZW3]
03 February 2018, 16:41
2018 | AZW3 | 0.97MB
The easiest way into the world of blockchain, cryptocurrency, decentralization, bitcoin, icos, and co:
Have you ever asked yourself what a cryptocurrency, a blockchain, or Bitcoin is? How about the word “decentralization?”
You might have heard that “these things are coming” and “will take over the world.” No matter if you have or haven’t, “they” are right—these things are coming. And “these things” will play just as important a role as the internet has for the past 20 years.
You know who “won” with the internet? The people who started preparing for it at the beginning, using it personally or for their business before others did.
With this new technology called blockchain, a similar window of opportunity has started to open.
If you have no clue what a blockchain, a cryptocurrency, or Bitcoin is, don’t worry—most of the population doesn’t.
One of the main challenges for anyone trying to get familiar with these topics is the question of “Where should I start?” This is exactly what prompted me to write this book.
In the simplest way possible, I will explain all the aforementioned points so even a 10-year-old could understand them. At the same time, I will reference the details on a technical level to give you both the large scale and the detailed picture. Explaining something to a 10-year-old is in no way a commentary on anyone’s intelligence. I’m just following Albert Einstein’s advice: “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
My ultimate goal is to make people all around the world #CRYPTOFIT. I.E fit for this new wave of decentralization and blockchain.
10 things you will learn in this book that will blow your mind:
- What does “backed by gold” actually mean?
- Will cryptocurrencies replace fiat currencies?
- Can an internet outage destroy cryptocurrencies?
- Does mining really create cryptocurrencies? (Hint: It doesn’t)
- Is a maximum amount of Bitcoin really good for a currency?
- How do I get a cryptocurrency account if no one is in charge?
- Are cryptocurrencies better than fiat currencies?
- Is blockchain the only solution for decentralization?
- Which technology will win? (Hint: Not the best one!)
- Can you lose a coin? (Hint: You can NOT)
Enjoy the read – Yours, Dr. Julian Hosp
An overview of the areas covered in the book:
- FROM GOLD TO CRYPTO
- BLOCKCHAIN AND CRYPTOCURRENCY BASICS
- PRIVATE KEYS AND PUBLIC ADDRESSES
- HOW ARE CRYPTOCURRENCIES CREATED?
- BLOCKCHAIN FORKS AND ATTACKS
- DESTROYING A CRYPTOCURRENCY?
- PRIVACY, ANONYMITY, AND TRANSPARENCY
- ALTCOINS AND BITCOIN
- THE FUTURE OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES
BONUS CHAPTER: INITIAL COIN OFFERINGs (ICOs)
Herding Tigers: Be The Leader That Creative People Need [EPUB]
02 February 2018, 13:16
2018 | EPUB | 0.44MB
A practical handbook for every manager charged with leading teams to creative brilliance, from the author of The Accidental Creative and Die Empty.
Doing the work and leading the work are very different things. When you make the transition from maker to manager, you give ownership of projects to your team even though you could do them yourself better and faster. You're juggling expectations from your manager, who wants consistent, predictable output from an inherently unpredictable creative process. And you're managing the pushback from your team of brilliant, headstrong, and possibly overqualified creatives.
Leading talented, creative people requires a different skill set than the one many management books offer. As a consultant to creative companies, Todd Henry knows firsthand what prevents creative leaders from guiding their teams to success, and in Herding Tigers he provides a bold new blueprint to help you be the leader your team needs. Learn to lead by influence instead of control. Discover how to create a stable culture that empowers your team to take bold creative risks. And learn how to fight to protect the time, energy, and resources they need to do their best work.
Full of stories and practical advice, Herding Tigers will give you the confidence and the skills to foster an environment where clients, management, and employees have a product they can be proud of and a process that works.