Sex and Your Job Search
21 August 2013, 13:54
2013 | EPUB | 879.37KB
SCORE YOUR DREAM JOB! In this provocative book, interview coach Dom Bokich compares the similarities between dating, sex and the job search to help you find a job you love! This book takes you step-by-step through the hiring process and shares real insider secrets on how to get hired quickly in today's job market. You'll learn:
- 25 inspiring Success Stories of job seekers who were hired in this economy
- Advice on social media tools such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Current interview methods including behavioral based and values based interviewing
- 50 Funny Mistakes real applicants have made, so you won't embarrass yourself
- How to write a resume and become irresistible to your dream employer
- How supermodels are similar to hiring managers and HR reps
Sex and Your Job Search is encouraging and highlights proven techniques for everyone: interns, college students, new grads, and experienced professionals.
Bonus tips include: How to use your skills, education, and professional experiences to create 7 "Interview Go-to Stories" that can be used to answer any interview question. Learn what the interviewer is thinking each step of the way and how to "WOW" them.
This book is like having coffee or a drink with the author. He'll give you no-nonsense advice that works!
The Elephant in the Office
21 August 2013, 13:33
2013 | EPUB | 3.03MB
Difficult Conversations at Work: Go from "Nightmare" to "No Problem"
As a former lawyer, Diane A. Ross thought she was a difficult conversations expert... so why was she still struggling through those dreaded "tough talks" with her coworkers and colleagues?
So began her revelation: the communication skills that knocked 'em dead at the negotiating table were actually destructive to her workplace relationships. Conflicts went unresolved, productivity was stifled, and communication suffered - big time.
The Elephant in the Office: Super-Simple Strategies for Difficult Conversations at Work is the answer for anyone who has ever wrestled with managing difficult conversations in the workplace. It's full of real-life, easy-to-implement strategies that have stood the test of time.
Diane A. Ross' breezy writing style and upbeat sense of humor make this book a fun and informative read that promises to help you create real and lasting change in the workplace (so if you're looking for a dry, bore-me-to-tears-yawn-fest academic-style textbook, please look elsewhere!).
- Talk so that you are heard
- Overcome the "difficult conversation jitters"
- Disarm hostile coworkers - and even your boss
- Boost communication within your team
- Get what you want at work
- Handling Difficult Conversations Is About to Get a Whole Lot Less Scary/Stressful/Panic-Attack-Inducing
If you have ever struggled with a coworker who wasn't pulling their weight or gotten butterflies asking for time off, this book is for you. If you have ever been faced with an unmotivated employee or a team leader who takes credit for your work, this book is for you.
Whether you're dealing with a cubicle-mate with B.O., an employee stealing office supplies, a whole department getting laid off, or a team-member who always flies off the handle, The Elephant in the Office is going to get your difficult conversations moving in the right direction. Each chapter is full-to-overflowing with simple step-by-step tips backed by real-life examples, so you can see these strategies in action.
Who Should Buy This Book?
If you have ever had to cope with:
- Anxiety asking for a raise or vacation time
- Stress over having to fire someone, discuss employee performance, or give bad news
- An overbearing boss
- A coworker not pulling his or her weight
- A smelly, dirty, crude, rude (or otherwise icky) team-member
- Passive-aggressive, antagonistic, or just plain difficult coworkers or employees
- ...then you need this book!
The Elephant in the Office is ideal for individuals hoping to achieve more in the workplace as well as executive teams and HR managers who want the very best from their employees.
Handling difficult conversations is about to become a heck of a lot less painful, my friends! You're one good read away from better workplace dynamics, increased productivity, less stress, and more of what you want - out of work and out of life.
Getting Things Done
21 August 2013, 13:32
2013 | EPUB | 3.32MB
Cut Through All Time Barriers and Control Your Most Valuable Commodity
We live in a fast paced world, and without cutting edge time management tactics, you can get lost fast. Discover how to use breakthrough methods that will lower your blood pressure and increase your performance and productivity. Inside, management consultant, Jonathan Briggs will take you by the hand and show you how to... - Plan, take action, and complete projects quickly and easily - Use proactive goal setting to control your time effectively - Stay focused even when you feel overwhelmed - Leave the clutter behind and get more done faster Order you copy today and control your time.