Business Law Basics [EPUB]
27 June 2014, 22:15
2014 | EPUB | 2.05MB
When you start a business, legal issues can seem complex, even scary. Business Law Basics will help you ask smart questions and get the right advice. This simple guide will show you everything you need to know about:
- How to choose an attorney.
- Contract essentials, including patents and copyrights.
- What you need to protect (such as processes or intellectual property).
- How to reorganize or restructure your business.
You'll also learn the basics of partnership and corporate structures, license and regulation essentials, employment issues, legal aspects of buying and selling, common pitfalls, international business issues--and more.
Each of the books in the Crash Course for Entrepreneurs series offers a high-level overview of the critical things you need to know and do if you want to survive and thrive in our super-competitive world. Of course, there's much more to learn about each topic, but what you'll read here will give you the framework for learning the rest. Also, the co-authors' website, expertbusinessadvice.com, offers expanded support for entrepreneurs and is updated daily.
Among them, Scott L. Girard, Jr., Michael F. O'Keefe, Marc A. Price, and Mark R. Moon, Esq. have successfully started 20 companies in a wide variety of fields. Their individual experiences are just as varied. Scott, a combat veteran who has served in Iraq and Afghanistan, was formerly vice president of Pinpoint Holdings Group, Inc. Mike founded O'Keefe Motor Sports in 2004 and grew it into the largest database of aftermarket automotive components in the world. As vice president for marketing of Bracemasters International, he grew his company's website viewership by 17,000% in two years. Marc has launched seven companies of his own and has collaborated with the Federal government, U.S. military, major nonprofits, and some of the largest corporations in America.
Business Law Basics is also coauthored by Mark R. Moon, Esq., a founding and currently the managing partner of the Moon Law Group, P.L., in Tampa Bay, Florida.
Clash of the Financial Pundits [EPUB]
27 June 2014, 22:04
2014 | EPUB + PDF | 3.69/4.17MB
HOW TO SEPARATE THE NEWS FROM THE NOISE: WHAT EVERY INVESTOR NEEDS TO KNOW
There is no shortage of financial advice these days. From cocky cable pundits to nattering news columnists to off-grid online bloggers, there are more so-called experts than ever before--and the noise can be downright deafening.
This no-bull, bottom-line guide from "The Reformed Broker" Josh Brown and Yahoo Finance's Jeff Macke will help you cut through the cacophony and make the most of today's media news. It's an eye-opening crash course in separating financial facts from fiction—featuring interviews with some of the world’s most influential investors, including:
- JIM CRAMER (Mad Money) takes you behind the scenes of his polarizing TV program--and talks about his clash with Jon Stewart on The Daily Show.
- HENRY BLODGET (Business Insider) shares anecdotes about tangling with Eliot Spitzer, covering the Martha Stewart trial, and launching his Business Insider site as a "marked man."
- BEN STEIN (Win Ben Stein's Money) reveals how he really feels about Bernanke, Bogle, Buffett, and bailouts.
- KAREN FINERMAN (CNBC's Fast Money) exposes the hype behind the headlines—and the "show biz" demands on television news pundits.
- HERB GREENBERG (TheStreet.com) explains why investors need to follow social media, where the "real" news is disseminated.
- BARRY RITHOLTZ (Bailout Nation) reveals his secret for "watching" financial TV.
You'll also find invaluable insights from the original father of financial TV, Jim Rogers, and from James Altucher, the most shockingly honest commentator in the history of the medium. And you'll get a front-row seat for the processing and packaging of the news and learn everything you need to know about the talking heads who shape each day's narrative.
Up-close. In-depth. All-true. Clash of the Financial Pundits is the one guide that will change the way you look at markets and investing forever.
Insight Selling [EPUB]
27 June 2014, 21:54
2014 | EPUB | 4.43MB
What do winners of major sales do differently than the sellers who almost won, but ultimately came in second place?
Mike Schultz and John Doerr, bestselling authors and world-renowned sales experts, set out to find the answer. They studied more than 700 business-to-business purchases made by buyers who represented a total of $3.1 billion in annual purchasing power. When they compared the winners to the second-place finishers, they found surprising results.
Not only do sales winners sell differently, they sell radically differently, than the second-place finishers.
In recent years, buyers have increasingly seen products and services as replaceable. You might think this would mean that the sale goes to the lowest bidder. Not true! A new breed of seller—the insight seller—is winning the sale with strong prices and margins even in the face of increasing competition and commoditization.
In Insight Selling, Schultz and Doerr share the surprising results of their research on what sales winners do differently, and outline exactly what you need to do to transform yourself and your team into insight sellers. They introduce a simple three-level model based on what buyers say tip the scales in favor of the winners:
- Level 1 "Connect." Winners connect the dots between customer needs and company solutions, while also connecting with buyers as people.
- Level 2 "Convince." Winners convince buyers that they can achieve maximum return, that the risks are acceptable, and that the seller is the best choice among all options.
- Level 3 "Collaborate." Winners collaborate with buyers by bringing new ideas to the table, delivering new ideas and insights, and working with buyers as a team.
They also found that much of the popular and current advice given to sellers can damage sales results. Insight Selling is both a strategic and tactical guide that will separate the good advice from the bad, and teach you how to put the three levels of selling to work to inspire buyers, influence their agendas, and maximize value. If you want to find yourself and your team in the winner's circle more often, this book is a must-read.