Agile Innovation [EPUB]
20 October 2014, 06:04
2014 | EPUB | 2.47MB
Find your company's unique innovation style, and nurture it into a powerful competitive advantage
Praised by business leaders worldwide, Agile Innovation is the authoritative guide to survival and success in today's "innovate-or-die" business world. This revolutionary approach combines the best of Agile with the world's leading methods of Innovation to present a crisp, articulate, and proven system for developing the breakthrough capabilities every organization must master to thrive today and tomorrow.
You already know that effective innovation doesn't happen by accident—it is achieved by careful design. Agile Innovation addresses the three critical drivers of innovation success: accelerating the innovation process; reducing the risks inherent in innovation; and engaging your entire organization and your broader ecosystem in the innovation effort.
The key frameworks described here build on the proven success of Agile to provide a comprehensive and customizable Innovation Master Plan approach to sustained innovation improvement in the five critical performance areas: strategy, portfolio, process, culture and infrastructure.
Major topics include: the power of Agile in the innovation process, how to overcome innovation risk, the best tools to evoke engagement and collaboration, branding as an integral element of innovation, and the best leadership skills and practices that create the special environment that enables transformative growth. Readers will learn specifically how to create better ideas, develop them more efficiently, and work together more profitably and effectively to achieve breakthroughs.
The insights offered in this book are highlighted in 11 detailed case studies illustrating the world's best innovation practices at Wells Fargo, Nike, Volvo, Netflix, Southwest Airlines, NASA, The New York Times, and others, in dozens of specific business examples, in two dozen powerful and unique techniques and methods, and a full set of implementation guidelines to put these insights into practice.
- Understand how to implement the many ways that innovation efforts can be accelerated to achieve even greater competitive advantage
- Learn to create a culture of innovation, greater engagement, and rich collaboration throughout your organization
- Discover how to reduce risk and accelerate learning
- Implement your own unique plan to enhance collaborative innovation, from leadership through operations
- Integrate key agility principles into your strategic planning decisions for sustained improvement
- Explore dramatic new approaches to open innovation that optimize large scale innovation
- Apply the latest and best technology tools to enhance innovation, reduce risk, and promote broad participation.
- This is a must read book, a practical guide for fostering a culture of innovation, nurturing creativity, and efficiently developing the ideas that drive strategic growth.
And since innovation is not imitation, you know that copying the ideas and strategies of other successful organizations will not produce the desired outcomes. Hence, all leaders must develop their own way of innovating and nurture the right style of collaborating for their own organization. This book will guide you to find your own unique pathways to success.
Blaze your own trail to the high levels of innovativeness and organizational agility by learning from the expert guidance and practical, actionable advice offered throughout this important book.
The Little Book of Market Myths [EPUB]
20 October 2014, 05:24
2013 | EPUB | 2.98MB
Exposes the truth about common investing myths and misconceptions and shows you how the truth shall set you free—to reap greater long-term and short-term gains
Everybody knows that a strong dollar equals a strong economy, bonds are safer than stocks, gold is a safe investment and that high PEs signal high risk...right? While such "common-sense" rules of thumb may work for a time as investment strategies, as New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Ken Fisher, vividly demonstrates in this wise, informative, wholly entertaining new book, they'll always let you down in the long run. Ken exposes some of the most common—and deadly—myths investors swear by, and he demonstrates why the rules-of-thumb approach to investing may be robbing you of the kinds returns you hope for.
- Dubbed by Investment Advisor magazine one of the 30 most influential individuals of the last three decades, Fisher is Chairman, and CEO of a global money management firm with over $32 billion under management
- Fisher's Forbes column, "Portfolio Strategy," has been an extremely popular fixture in Forbes for more than a quarter century thanks to his many high-profile calls
- Brings together the best "bunks" by Wall Street's Master Debunker in a fun, easy-to-digest, bite-size format
- More than just a list of myths, Fisher meticulously explains of why each commonly held belief or strategy is dead wrong and how damaging it can be to your financial health
- Armed with this book, investors can immediately identify major errors they may be committing and adjust their strategies for greater investing success
The New Rules of Sales and Service [EPUB]
15 October 2014, 04:03
2014 | EPUB | 0.7MB
Sales and service are being radically redefined like never before. With buyers now in possession of unlimited information, online content is quickly becoming the dominant driver for commerce. Today anyone working in sales or customer service needs to possess entirely new skills. Unfortunately most organizations are still using traditional selling and service models developed for a different time.
In this new book by the author of the #1 bestseller The New Rules of Marketing & PR, David Meerman Scott demystifies the new digital commercial landscape and offers inspiring and valuable guidance for anyone not wanting to be left behind.
Rich with revealing, first-hand accounts of real businesses that are charting this new territory and finding astounding success — a bicycle manufacturer that engages customers with honest and revealing openness; an enterprising network of home basement repair contractors that educates clients with free publications and innovative visual software; and an independent physician who provides her patients with online video notes to help them follow detailed medical instructions — The New Rules of Sales & Service shows how innovative businesses large and small are discovering new opportunities, strengthening customer loyalty, and mastering real-time buyer satisfaction.
Among the topics covered in detail:
- Why the old rules of sales and service no longer work in an always-on world
- The new sales cycle and how informative Web content drives the buying process
- Providing agile, real-time sales and service 24/7 without letting it rule your life
- The importance of defining and understanding the buyer personas
- How agile customer service retains existing clients and expands new business
- Why content-rich websites motivate interest, establish authority, and drive sales
- How social media is transforming the role of salesperson into valued consultant
Required reading for any organization that interacts with the public — ranging from independent consultants to established large corporations and small businesses to new start-ups and non-profits — The New Rules of Sales & Service is the essential guidebook for anyone attempting to navigate the exciting and evolving digital landscape.
Note: The New Rules of Sales & Service is neither an update nor a sequel to The New Rules of Marketing & PR; rather it complements the earlier book. Each book focuses on and outlines different strategies: Marketing and PR use online content to reach many buyers at once; Sales and Service use online content to reach buyers one at a time. The New Rules of Sales & Service tailors its strategies and tactics to reflect this difference.